No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

16826836856876881059

Comments

  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    Posts: 114
    This is concerning news because they've heavily marketed the film over the past few months with interviews, trailers, stills behind the scenes footage etc.

    They're going to have to basically start the marketing again months from now, we were so close to seeing it and now so far away.

    However, I can see why they pushed it back so far because of the uncertainty of the coronoavirus, who knows how bad it will be in the coming months.
  • Posts: 3,266


    ;)) :D
  • Posts: 230
    E3 is still happening, as far as we know SXSW is still happening, countless sporting events at least in the U.S. This is pointless.
  • Posts: 10,274
    Re-enter: the curse narrative! If this film ever actually comes out I do hope it’s good. Hopefully I’ll get a refund on tickets too. What a nice hype killer to add to everything else that’s come. RIP.
  • Posts: 230
    zebrafish wrote: »
    The rates of new infections will go down as people recover. Neither will recovered patients be re-infected, nor can they pass on the virus. In the mean time, production of safety masks for medical personnell and patients (you cannot protect yourself with a mask) will catch up and the spread will eventually slow down. By then cinemas will have re-opened. However, a drug against the virus will definitively not be available by November, more likely early next year.

    There is zero evidence the virus will be gone by November. If anything it will be worse due to temperatures cooling in the northern hemisphere.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Posts: 607
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    It might also mean that by releasing this information early, they have more time to plan the November release, and more control over the date etc. No other studios will want to release against NTTD, and so EON have taken the initiative. Making the best of a bad situation.

    There is still big competition in Nov. (The Eternals and Godzilla vs. Kong)

    Like I said, the best of a bad situation. If there's a possibility that other big franchise films get put back, then its better to get in first. There's competition whenever you release a film.

    Either way, I am gutted.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Digitalia
    Posts: 40,517
    And with that the time between Craig s first and last Bond film will be exactly double that of Brosnan.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,720
    If there is a killer virus plot in the film imagine the tiresome twitter backlash it would have got next month from mortally offended west coast teenagers who have a tennis coach who knows someone in Singapore who got hospitalised etc.
  • Posts: 8,494
    here is my opnion April-November is the exact same time they had to make Tomorrow Never Dies..

    SO

    I say they should just start filming Bond 26 now.
  • Posts: 230
    Risico007 wrote: »
    here is my opnion April-November is the exact same time they had to make Tomorrow Never Dies..

    SO

    I say they should just start filming Bond 26 now.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    here is my opnion April-November is the exact same time they had to make Tomorrow Never Dies..

    SO

    I say they should just start filming Bond 26 now.

    I would much rather them do that then meddle with NTTD if it is indeed finished already.
  • ConnorConnor UK
    Posts: 20
    On a dark, moody early March night, the ghost of Harry Saltzman appeared to Barbara Broccoli with the words 'Fall in love with bankruptcyyyyyyy'.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 6,720
    Risico007 wrote: »
    here is my opnion April-November is the exact same time they had to make Tomorrow Never Dies..

    SO

    I say they should just start filming Bond 26 now.

    I think movies generally have this pesky thing called pre-production :D
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    God, this is terrible news. Wonder how will they keep everything secret till November. Hope there isn't any leaks before release.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    Posts: 3,600
    mtm wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    here is my opnion April-November is the exact same time they had to make Tomorrow Never Dies..

    SO

    I say they should just start filming Bond 26 now.

    I think movies generally have this pesky thing called pre-production :D

    Yeah, true...but it can't be pesky with the same team. Maybe Barbara might see this as an opportunity of talking Craig into a 6th Bond film.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Posts: 1,256
    I was diagnosed with bronchitis this morning, and this delay is still the worst news I received today.
  • Posts: 8,494
    mtm wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    here is my opnion April-November is the exact same time they had to make Tomorrow Never Dies..

    SO

    I say they should just start filming Bond 26 now.

    I think movies generally have this pesky thing called pre-production :D

    ok
    mtm wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    here is my opnion April-November is the exact same time they had to make Tomorrow Never Dies..

    SO

    I say they should just start filming Bond 26 now.

    I think movies generally have this pesky thing called pre-production :D

    I have thought about this SO here is my suggestion the bond fan community get together and develop the script... Personally I kind of want to create a thread for this if we could develop Bond 26 and Craig was signed on and it was a standalone mission that is not connected to the previous 5 Craig films.. what would we do?

    it at least gives us something fun and exciting to talk about versus this dreary business.
  • Posts: 230
    Dear Ms. Broccoli, I will PayPal you $1,000 if you let me stream it at my house on April 10.
  • Posts: 154
    Depending on what happens with Coronavirus over the coming months, might there be a chance of the situation being reviewed and the release date being brought forward if things improve? Slim chance I know!
  • Posts: 230
    Matt wrote: »
    Depending on what happens with Coronavirus over the coming months, might there be a chance of the situation being reviewed and the release date being brought forward if things improve? Slim chance I know!

    Honestly I could see it being pushed even further. This virus is not going to be gone by November in any scenario.
  • Posts: 1,678
    I understand the concern. But they should have pushed a little harder and had it out in February and we’d be fine,

    Their were other circumstances yes but Eon was too slow between Spectre and where we are now.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I understand the concern. But they should have pushed a little harder and had it out in February and we’d be fine,

    Their were other circumstances yes but Eon was too slow between Spectre and where we are now.

    Agreed.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Posts: 214
    It‘s just a movie. Health and safety first I say.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Posts: 349
    Time for PW-B to write Bond 26.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,120
    infovise wrote: »
    This is concerning news because they've heavily marketed the film over the past few months with interviews, trailers, stills behind the scenes footage etc.

    They're going to have to basically start the marketing again months from now, we were so close to seeing it and now so far away.

    However, I can see why they pushed it back so far because of the uncertainty of the coronoavirus, who knows how bad it will be in the coming months.

    It's a lose/lose for them either way now on marketing because of this. They either stop and pick it up again in a few months, essentially wasting the marketing that has come before since it'll have to start up again, or they press forward on it until November, spending even more money in doing so.
  • Posts: 11,425
    You heard it from me first. No surprise.
    antovolk wrote: »

    Money talks
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    infovise wrote: »
    This is concerning news because they've heavily marketed the film over the past few months with interviews, trailers, stills behind the scenes footage etc.

    They're going to have to basically start the marketing again months from now, we were so close to seeing it and now so far away.

    However, I can see why they pushed it back so far because of the uncertainty of the coronoavirus, who knows how bad it will be in the coming months.

    It's a lose/lose for them either way now on marketing because of this. They either stop and pick it up again in a few months, essentially wasting the marketing that has come before since it'll have to start up again, or they press forward on it until November, spending even more money in doing so.

    They can still do a lot of things, for instance we didn't had a music video like Smith gave for SP or 2nd trailer, some behind the scenes footage.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    edited March 2020 Posts: 11,760
    Just read the news. I'm as psyched as ever for this film - it looks amazing!
    It will be a great Bond film; I have no doubts about it. I have faith in Cary and Linus.

    I will not be on here much. Just here and there to check on things, but that's it. I don't care to read about complaints, whining, and abuse of EON (especially Barbara). I support EON's decision.

    And it does not matter to me (shocking!!) another delay, until November. It just doesn't. What has mattered to me all along is that it would be a great Bond film. The series deserve that; the fans deserve that; and Daniel deserves it as his final performance as Bond. And I believe this Bond film will stand on its own merits when released. November is the very best time for release of a Bond film for several reasons (far better than February, too). And something tells me we will all, universally, be ready for a great Bond film to give us a lift and provide us with a fantastic film that will cheer us and give us total satisfaction ... something we will need after weathering the previous months.

    I have much to deal with right now, in my "real" life. I look forward to an immensely satisfying "reel" time with Bond in Daniel's last outing, this coming November. So yes, I applaud EON for having the courage to make this decision; I support it. And roll on, November! Here's looking at you, Mr. Bond. You'll be coming back into my life exactly when I need you most. Cheers! B-)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    It‘s just a movie. Health and safety first I say.

    I disagree. My movie is more important, especially after a five year wait. I honestly couldn't care less about the virus.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 725
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Its not just the virus, its the panic and the fear that *might* be prevalent in the public in 4 weeks time. This could literally be a $500 million decision and I think its the right one. .....its just a film, whereas people are ill and dying and anything that reduces the risk of infection comes first. Im an adult. I can deal with it.

    Precisely right! This was a no win situation. EON, MGM and Universal have vastly more knowledge of critical impact issues than any fans or media. They made a very difficult informed decision. Also, enough with the “this film is cursed” crap. This postponement doesn’t have a damn thing to do with the films production. It’s a world wide virus. You can bet that every studio that has an expensive release opening scheduled for the next few months is wrestling with the exact same issues. Among those critical issues, is available IMAX dates etc, etc., etc.



Sign In or Register to comment.