NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1151152154156157176

Comments

  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Posts: 832
    The only thing I'm bothered about is the fact they show Bond "landing" after that leap, takes some excitement ouf of the scene. Well that, and the fact they ruin a beautiful Quattroporte.
  • Posts: 5,200
    mtm wrote: »
    Love that car stunt dodge on the bridge: very nice.

    Original, right? Really liked it as well. Poor Maserati.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Posts: 832
    Univex wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Love that car stunt dodge on the bridge: very nice.

    Original, right? Really liked it as well. Poor Maserati.

    Glad I'm not the only one, my feelings of joy when I saw the baddies using Quattroporte's and Lancia Thesis' was quickly gone when I remembered how the bad buy cars usually end up. Same with the Alfa 159 in QoS.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,646
    Craig is on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night so maybe we’ll get a clip either today or tomorrow prior to the show.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 537
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Craig is on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow night so maybe we’ll get a clip either today or tomorrow prior to the show.

    I forgot all about that thanks for reminding me. Yeah hopefully he has a clip. It'll be interesting to see what the interview is like, it'll definitely be more light-hearted with it being Fallon. Still holding out hope Daniel goes on Colbert again, he seems to have great chemistry with him
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    Didn't someone mentioned that we are getting 2nd trailer on 9th March.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,415
    Italian spot nr 2, with Billie singing



  • It's the death of the balance.
  • Typo. Death of bromance!
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Posts: 599
    Love some of the shots and action in the new spot, but I stopped watching after Bond took down the guy on the bike. I've seen enough now and will try to avoid any new trailers or footage from now on.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    Contraband wrote: »
    Italian spot nr 2, with Billie singing



    That's cool, we got no tv spots for Spectre and I believe we got none for Skyfall either in Italy.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 4,021
    Love some of the shots and action in the new spot, but I stopped watching after Bond took down the guy on the bike. I've seen enough now and will try to avoid any new trailers or footage from now on.

    I’m with you. They’ve already shown us so much! Bring on the film!
  • Posts: 230
    Love some of the shots and action in the new spot, but I stopped watching after Bond took down the guy on the bike. I've seen enough now and will try to avoid any new trailers or footage from now on.

    I’m with you. They’ve already shown us so much! Bring on the film!

    :(
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,534
    Will we get a 2nd full trailer now that NTTD doesn't come out until November? Perhaps in July/August with Top Gun or Tenet?
  • Posts: 1,052
    I think the theme song works extremely well. I like the overall tone of the film's balance between realistic thriller and larger than life (Adam's) sets and action.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 2,869
    Convenient timing
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Posts: 241
    Walecs wrote: »
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    I’m so sick and tired of this “him”, “you” debate. Seriously, it’s already been debunked what it is, and people who are so insistent that it’s “you” are just hearing what they want to hear. At this point, just wait until the movie comes out to make a definitive choice as to what it is.

    Oh yeah, EON are hearing what they want to hear. Who knows why they made Blofeld say "him" if they want to hear "you". Maybe they're psychotic.

    What on earth and condescension are you talking about? Also, interesting straw man fallacy you have there.

    Yeah a man cannot help his accent. What people will complain about these days.

    Seriously. Eh, I’ve moved on from it. Now I sit patiently and await NTTD to hit theaters. I’ll be sure to bring a gallon of hand sanitizer.

    How convenient, you dropped the debate when you realized you were wrong

    It’s called taking the high road, dude. I’ve got bigger things to worry about but apparently you don’t, because you’re still harping on it. Do you need more of my attention?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 6,012

    antovolk wrote: »
    Convenient timing

    Quite apt that she says to James Bond:
    “You’re late”

    :D
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 4,021
    ertert wrote: »
    Love some of the shots and action in the new spot, but I stopped watching after Bond took down the guy on the bike. I've seen enough now and will try to avoid any new trailers or footage from now on.

    I’m with you. They’ve already shown us so much! Bring on the film!

    :(

    Haha perfect timing
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,157
    I’ve got bigger things to worry about but apparently you don’t

    I do. I'm an environmentalist vegan. So please do not use the fallacy of relative privation with me.
  • Posts: 10,274
    antovolk wrote: »
    Convenient timing

    Certainly hard to be very excited anymore when I realized there’s a decent chance I may never even get to see the film.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 97
    FoxRox wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Convenient timing

    Certainly hard to be very excited anymore when I realized there’s a decent chance I may never even get to see the film.

    It's very sad that there is a possibility that some Bond fans will die because of the coronavirus between now and November. :(
  • Posts: 230
    The_Return wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Convenient timing

    Certainly hard to be very excited anymore when I realized there’s a decent chance I may never even get to see the film.

    It's very sad that there is a possibility that some Bond fans will die because of the coronavirus between now and November. :(

    I know right? Especially if they have to delay it AGAIN due to the virus still lingering in November.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Posts: 241
    Walecs wrote: »
    I’ve got bigger things to worry about but apparently you don’t

    I do. I'm an environmentalist vegan. So please do not use the fallacy of relative privation with me.

    Good for you! *slow clap*
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,565
    Guys is basically a flu. Unknown, yes, but still a flu. It’s more dangerous if you’re over 60/70 but it’s not Ebola we’re talking about. It’s 1000% more likely to lose a job because of the virus backlash then actually dying. XD
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Posts: 2,679
    that trailer on Monday... its not coming I guess right?
  • Posts: 230
    matt_u wrote: »
    Guys is basically a flu. Unknown, yes, but still a flu. It’s more dangerous if you’re over 60/70 but it’s not Ebola we’re talking about. It’s 1000% more likely to lose a job because of the virus backlash then actually dying. XD

    It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. This virus is no joke.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 2,565
    ertert wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Guys is basically a flu. Unknown, yes, but still a flu. It’s more dangerous if you’re over 60/70 but it’s not Ebola we’re talking about. It’s 1000% more likely to lose a job because of the virus backlash then actually dying. XD

    It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. This virus is no joke.

    Under 39 the coronavirus is deadly in 0.2% cases. On the other hand what you’re saying about the nationals healthcare collapsing is true and it’s one of the major issues if not the most critical. I’m quite worried about the US where having a test will cost more than 3000,00 dollars in some cases. Last year in Italy more than 8000 people died because of the seasonal flu... sometimes even more then 100.000. I’d suggest just to take reasonable precautions without losing control.
  • Posts: 2,878
    ertert wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Guys is basically a flu. Unknown, yes, but still a flu. It’s more dangerous if you’re over 60/70 but it’s not Ebola we’re talking about. It’s 1000% more likely to lose a job because of the virus backlash then actually dying. XD

    It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. T
    The fact is that this is not a pandemic with a factor 2 spreadrate every day. For several weeks the number of newly infected has been around 2000 every day globally, with almost most people recovering after 14 days. In China it's declining. So I am not buying into all the "let's panic" hysteria. It could easily be all over in a month, and then what? Still a November release date?
  • Posts: 230
    Zekidk wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Guys is basically a flu. Unknown, yes, but still a flu. It’s more dangerous if you’re over 60/70 but it’s not Ebola we’re talking about. It’s 1000% more likely to lose a job because of the virus backlash then actually dying. XD

    It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. T
    The fact is that this is not a pandemic with a factor 2 spreadrate every day. For several weeks the number of newly infected has been around 2000 every day globally, with almost most people recovering after 14 days. In China it's declining. So I am not buying into all the "let's panic" hysteria. It could easily be all over in a month, and then what? Still a November release date?

    I'm not panicking myself but I'm more concerned about the economic fallout, shortages of goods in stores and pharmacies, getting mildly sick myself but then infecting an elderly family member, etc.

    This is just a terrible situation all around and I really wish there was an alternative to a November release which also seems tenuous at best to me.
Sign In or Register to comment.