NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    RC7 wrote: »
    Without a doubt. He seems smart, classy and worldly-wise, something that feels more necessary in a director these days than simply being British. I don’t want to jump the gun without having seen the film but he certainly seems to have brought a level of energy and refinement to this. The perfect combination.

No. Nothing can compensate the director being British. The film looks too Hollywood and bombastic. I hope I am wrong.

We shall see, but my gut response to this was "nonsense".
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,961
    Yeah I don't think there's anything about nationality that's essential to this series: a third of the actors who played Bond weren't British by birth, and the whole thing has been produced by four Americans only since it started 58 years ago and they don't exactly seem to have been impeded by their country of birth!
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think there's anything about nationality that's essential to this series: the whole thing has been produced by four Americans only since it started 58 years ago and they don't exactly seem to have been impeded by their country of birth!

+1 Well said.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Yeah I don't think there's anything about nationality that's essential to this series: a third of the actors who played Bond weren't British by birth, and the whole thing has been produced by four Americans only since it started 58 years ago and they don't exactly seem to have been impeded by their country of birth!

True, sometimes I even forget that the producers of this Beloved British character are Americans.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I've never been hugely sure if I even see them as British films, even. Obviously they're made here with a majority British crew, but they are and always have been US studio movies. Something like Star Wars is probably just as British, but I don't think anyone really sees them as anything other than American films, do they?
    Yeah I've never been hugely sure if I even see them as British films, even. Obviously they're made here with a majority British crew, but they are and always have been US studio movies. Something like Star Wars is probably just as British, but I don't think anyone really sees them as anything other than American films, do they?

Sure, Star Wars are definitely American films....but like the Bond franchise, it's diverse, since it featured British actors like Liam Neeson & Ewan McGregor. And with George Lucas being it's Creator, it further cements the fact that Star Wars is indeed American.
    Broccoli and Wilson are british citizens for quite a few years now aswell.
    They live and work in Britain.
    Yes, they are US-citizens by birth and still hold the US citizenship besides the british. But EON Productions is a british company.
    So the Bond movies are 100% british productions with some US money (coming from the production/distribution partner).
    More so than Star Wars.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Without a doubt. He seems smart, classy and worldly-wise, something that feels more necessary in a director these days than simply being British. I don’t want to jump the gun without having seen the film but he certainly seems to have brought a level of energy and refinement to this. The perfect combination.

No. Nothing can compensate the director being British. The film looks too Hollywood and bombastic. I hope I am wrong.

A bombastic Bond movie? Whatever next?!

So glad EON have finally nixed that idiotic rule about not hiring American directors.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Yup, they finally released trailer in different indian languages, dubbing is quite funny though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yup, they finally released trailer in different indian languages, dubbing is quite funny though.

That is funny. The only ones I know of besides Indians and Pakistanis to use so many English words are the Danes.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

That is funny. The only ones I know of besides Indians and Pakistanis to use so many English words are the Danes.

James bond won't die from bullet, he will commit suicide after hearing this.
    I remember Spectre releasing in 4 different languages but this time i heard universal India release it in 10 different languages. I don't even see the purpose, they won't be generating much revenues from them anyway. Most people i know will be watching in Hindi or English. Still other regional languages is even funnier, just go see the comments section of this, even people there are having fun 😁

Still i will download pirated versions of different languages just for fun after the release.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Sure, Star Wars are definitely American films....but like the Bond franchise, it's diverse, since it featured British actors like Liam Neeson & Ewan McGregor. And with George Lucas being it's Creator, it further cements the fact that Star Wars is indeed American.

But made in England by a predominately British crew, much like Bond.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Trailer dubbed in russian. Safin sounds like a serious villain :D

• 007_Austria007_Austria Austria
    edited March 2020 Posts: 13
    Contraband wrote: »
    Trailer dubbed in russian. Safin sounds like a serious villain :D

The French synchro of Safin still gives me nightmares :D
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,164
    New footage
    antovolk wrote: »

WOWWWWWWWWW.

That shot of Safin standing over the sleeping (dead?) woman is creepy as hell
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The iSpot link says that Bond and Madeleine are engaged... Interesting.
    The iSpot link says that Bond and Madeleine are engaged... Interesting.

Don't take that as official, they write their own synopses usually.
    antovolk wrote: »
    New footage

The real question:

Are we hearing our first sample of Hans Zimmer's Bond score?!
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 6,677
    And...it's a submaglider!!! Dibs on the name. Gliderine? Submaglider? Yeah, the later sounds better.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Wow! Amazing :)
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Are we hearing our first sample of Hans Zimmer's Bond score?!

Yes, very Zimmerish, very Bondian as well. Good combo, I'd say.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Basic screencaps for debate. Maybe @Red_Snow can fix them in HQ?

Lab? scene is really creepy. Masks on tv-screens and what hell is it in those tanks? Trapped humans? Or some animals moving? I can see air bubbles

rvmOWft.jpg
    B5tE5dE.jpg
    bTkxUwt.jpg
    AX1Og3g.jpg
    8nr6daV.jpg
    K1QXAWC.jpg
    This looks better and better with each new footage.

Lab? scene is really creepy. Masks on tv-screens and what hell is it in those tanks? Trapped humans? Or some animals moving? I can see air bubbles

rvmOWft.jpg
    B5tE5dE.jpg
    bTkxUwt.jpg
    AX1Og3g.jpg
    8nr6daV.jpg
    K1QXAWC.jpg

Jeez those masks are bizarre. This will be a wild ride.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What on earth is in those tanks??? The plot thickens.
    Might be the closest the franchise gets to infuse Horror elements. Although, LALD had Baron Samedi & TSWLM had Jaws.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    You know what I love? All these trailers coming out and I still have no idea what's going on story-wise.

At this point in SP's postproduction, I feel like I already knew everything. It's a refreshing change.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Might be the closest the franchise gets to infuse Horror elements. Although, LALD had Baron Samedi & TSWLM had Jaws.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to that. Cary has a flair for weird atmospheric-type stuff like the final act of True Detective.

Far more grounded but I really liked all the skull/death symbolism in Skyfall and Spectre I hope some of that vibe returns.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

rvmOWft.jpg
    B5tE5dE.jpg
    bTkxUwt.jpg
    AX1Og3g.jpg
    8nr6daV.jpg
    K1QXAWC.jpg

Hate, hate, hate to be that guy, but the CGI on that sub entrance is....not good.

But on the other hand...
    It looks like it's the glider which turns into a submarine! Which is pretty cool.