NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    That mask is so creepy. Great new spot!!
    The same guy who revealed the first trailer's release has confirmed the second trailer arrives Monday 9 March 2020...

• RyanRyan Canada
    Interesting that the music in the new spot (whether Zimmer or not) hints at the OHMSS theme (the descending bass motif). SPECTRE's trailers were much the same with some explicit use. It's a shame it never made the film.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    ertert wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Might be the closest the franchise gets to infuse Horror elements. Although, LALD had Baron Samedi & TSWLM had Jaws.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to that. Cary has a flair for weird atmospheric-type stuff like the final act of True Detective.

Far more grounded but I really liked all the skull/death symbolism in Skyfall and Spectre I hope some of that vibe returns.

Yeah, just remembered Cary was even part of the writing team for IT(2017) & was also set to direct it. But left coz of the usual 'Creative Differences' thing. So I guess Cary is a fan of the 'Eerie Atmosphere'.
    Very cool new footage. The hype just keeps on mounting!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New still, released by official account astonmartinlagonda on instagram

SOy1uUj.jpg
  • jabalijabali Los Angeles
    Hey everybody, longtime lurker here! This particular spot got me extra hyped so I figured it's time to join the festivities.

Safin's base seems really intriguing, particularly the sub entrance. The angle of the walls makes it look like it's a partially-sunken old naval base that Safin's gang repurposed. Maybe that explains the neat water reflections on the walls in Safin's room?

Also it seems that the ship getting bombed by the plane that we've seen in footage is occupied by Bond (and others??) and he makes it out from there. Really interesting seeing this all piece together now!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    That new spot is super creepy, Cary just continues to rise, this is looking like the most visually eye popping Craig film to date.

Could this top CR?
    Shardlake wrote: »
    That new spot is super creepy, Cary just continues to rise, this is looking like the most visually eye popping Craig film to date.

Could this top CR?

Top CR?!?! I don’t think my heart could handle it haha (CR is my favorite Bond film).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Univex wrote: »
    And...it's a submaglider!!! Dibs on the name. Gliderine? Submaglider? Yeah, the later sounds better.
    "S'wet Nellie"? "Swept Nellie." "Silent Nellie."

Okay, maybe not those first two.

• edited March 2020 Posts: 2,598
    The Mi6 open letter was just mentioned on the radio. :) Delay Bond!
    Bounine wrote: »
    The Mi6 open letter was just mentioned on the radio. :) Delay Bond!

Please don't. Do a second release in the summer if box office is below expectations.
    If all films get delayed, then there wont be enough cinemas to screen all the present delayed films pluss the future released ones.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited March 2020 Posts: 78
    This mask element is sinister and a great idea. Fresh and adds another layer in making this villain different and unique to the film by the looks of it which is nice.

This is shaping up and looks to be incredible and the instalment we and DC deserves.

Looks like he’ll truly be going out in style. I really will miss DC and I’m sure I’ll be on the same page as everyone else. He didn’t half get some stick when he landed the role but blew the critics out the water with CR.

He has been an outstanding member of the franchise, true professional and has brought 007 back into relevance and the modern era but still giving existing fans something to shout from the roof tops about. I’m 100% sure that they will close this film in a classy and proper way to cap DC’s tenure off but this film for me will be a combination of excitement, celebration but also sadness that it’ll be the last time we see DC in the role. He has been exemplary and a big thank you and appreciation for his contribution to our beloved franchise. He has made the next actors job a nightmare to follow him, but Barbara and Michael will definitely pick the right person next for the role, we must all trust them in their choice. People questioned DC’s appointment and look how that turned out. I have piece of mind personally with who’s next, I’m sure they’ll pick correctly.

🍸
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,400
    AX1Og3g.jpg

This scene fascinates me…the woman sleeping is clearly an adult. Is this Madeleine’s mother?

bTkxUwt.jpg

I want to be enthusiastic about this shot, but why is the ‘mask’ so prevalent? Is this Safin’s way of provoking Bond and Swann? This reminds me of the dodgy photos that Blofeld had printed in MI6’s HQ in SP.

Nonetheless, the mask iconography and Rami Malek's generally creepy manner would suggest we could be getting a great villain in Safin.

The mask reminds me of something from Mindhunter...........
    New short promo. Listen at the end:

"This was your choice" -- A line I haven't heard before. Is it Swann's voice?

Plus you can clearly hear Blofeld say "It will be the death of HIM"

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I’m afraid not @Contraband, that’s the Super Bowl spot, and we already know it’s “you” at this point.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I’m afraid not @Contraband, that’s the Super Bowl spot, and we already know it’s “you” at this point.

But how the hell can you guys hear "you" when he clearly says "him" in this spot?

I know there was a version with eng subs that says "you".
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2020 Posts: 10,512
    Contraband wrote: »

But how the hell can you guys hear "you" when he clearly says "him" in this spot?

He clearly doesn’t. He says “you”. Same as he has in every other spot.

It's weird.

I've watched the same video numerous times and have heard both 'you and 'him.'

I think this is that whole Yaural/Yanny thing over again.......but the actual dialogue is confirmed as 'you.'
    The whole common enemy dialogue between Blofeld and Bond worries me. I was more hoping Safin would be an agent of SPECTRE. Not sure I like the idea of Bond and Blofeld being on the same page, almost reinforcing the whole 'Brofeld' dynamic.
    Just asked Frankie, one of the sound crew members, directly via Instagram. Her answer:

"I’m afraid you’ll have to wait till it comes out"

Grrr...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I wish I could be as omniscent as you and know the movie better than the people who made it.
    Here we go again...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Walecs wrote: »

I wish I could be as omniscent as you and know the movie better than the people who made it.

TZQIBpx.gif
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,018
    No worries. I won't beat this to death.

Instead, let's focus on that line "This was your choice". Safin's voice??
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    It's "you".

Can we now please put this to rest?
    No worries. I won't beat this to death.

Instead, let's focus on that line "This was your choice". Safin's voice??

Yeah it's Safin for sure.
    I suppose pretty much everything is British about the Bond movies apart from the producers and finance, which is actually
    gt007 wrote: »
    It's "you".

Can we now please put this to rest?

Are we sure we can trust the source?