NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I don't think either of us is dumb, we just have different opinions ;)

I agree about the superleggera shot, though. Pretty good.
  • Walecs wrote: »

Looks similar the shot of the BMW in the opening of Fallout when Tom Cruise meets Henry Cavill on the tarmac...

Also, someone on Twitter is claiming a new trailer is coming today. they usually drop around 1/2pm or 5pm in the UK, so let's see.............................
    Walecs wrote: »

Looks similar the shot of the BMW in the opening of Fallout when Tom Cruise meets Henry Cavill on the tarmac...

Also, someone on Twitter is claiming a new trailer is coming today. they usually drop around 1/2pm or 5pm in the UK, so let's see.............................

Don't you mean the Indian trailer launch with 10 languages which is for tomorrow (Friday) or is that some other tweet? Was wondering if that was indeed for a new trailer or just the December trailer (which they haven't released for India in languages other than English as of yet)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    I get a feeling this is a new edit along with Billie singing. And the brief footage of Rami is new even if we have seen his face before.

Or is it the same old spot??

Contraband wrote: »
    I get a feeling this is a new edit along with Billie singing. And the brief footage of Rami is new even if we have seen his face before.

Same one
    antovolk wrote: »

Same one

@antovolk Thanks man... Maybe I'm getting senile

BTW; The norwegian spot, the only new footage would be the Superleggera at the military base, right? Plus, have we seen those angles on Bond at the cuban party before?

Would like to have descent screencaps of those shots.

Same one

@antovolk Thanks man... Maybe I'm getting senile

BTW; The norwegian spot, the only new footage would be the Superleggera at the military base, right? Plus, have we seen those angles on Bond at the cuban party before?

Would like to have descent screencaps of those shots.

The angles on the Cuban party are definitely new too.

Is it just me or is the stunt wire still highly visible when he jumps from the bridge? You'd have thought they'd have removed that by now.
    Norwegian spot in proper wide-screen
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 847
    Was watching Invisble Man yesterday and stumble on the exclusive cinéma trailer. I can confirm that it's the same that the russia one. I had record it with my phone, it's in french, but the sound is low (cause my phone is very old). Is somebody know how to balance the sound and frame the vidéo, I can send it to him do the edit.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thanks @antovolk, love the shot rising birds-eye-view shot of Bond at the Cuba party :)

Looks similar the shot of the BMW in the opening of Fallout when Tom Cruise meets Henry Cavill on the tarmac..
    Funnily shot at the same location!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Penpen wrote: »

Looks similar the shot of the BMW in the opening of Fallout when Tom Cruise meets Henry Cavill on the tarmac..
    Funnily shot at the same location!

Ha! how funny; I wonder if it's the same plane? :D
    Research gone mad:

jPMDS8s.jpg

Production shot the scenes in Oct. 2019 at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, UK, which also prompted a terror alert. Prod. forgot a van after filming which led to some 400 personnel were evacuated from the base. Clumsy prod. crew..

In the second picture you can see the DBS Superleggera on the right

x1zGQCf.jpg
    fCnsiS9.jpg

The military transport aircraft, a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, that production used:

9pZY9QP.jpg

Back in october Lashana Lynch was uploading Insta stories of her waking up in the early morning at a military base, taken photos of the prod. camp. Now we know it was for those scenes incl. shooting inside the cargo plane
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Don't you mean the Indian trailer launch with 10 languages which is for tomorrow (Friday) or is that some other tweet? Was wondering if that was indeed for a new trailer or just the December trailer (which they haven't released for India in languages other than English as of yet)

Yes, they usually release in Hindi or other Indian languages but surprisingly they haven't yet.
    Is there something going on behind the scenes? Are they pondering a delayed release in some countries?
    Yes Cary seems to have brought some much needed energy
  • RC7RC7
    Without a doubt. He seems smart, classy and worldly-wise, something that feels more necessary in a director these days than simply being British. I don’t want to jump the gun without having seen the film but he certainly seems to have brought a level of energy and refinement to this. The perfect combination.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    No disrespect to the filmmakers of the Cubby era, but there is a sense of complacency in the later films, a good example being A View To A Kill. Hopefully Cary will breathe some freshness and originality in this Spectre continuation
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    RC7 wrote: »
    Without a doubt. He seems smart, classy and worldly-wise, something that feels more necessary in a director these days than simply being British. I don’t want to jump the gun without having seen the film but he certainly seems to have brought a level of energy and refinement to this. The perfect combination.

+1
    Getafix wrote: »
    Is there something going on behind the scenes? Are they pondering a delayed release in some countries?

None of us really know but I wouldn’t expect a delay. There may be delayed launches or marketing pushes in particular markets but I wouldn’t even expect that. There’s a month before the NTTD is released. Things could get worse or better. It’ll probably get worse but that’s a sliding scale. Worse doesn’t necessarily mean pandemic.

The Chinese will slowly be getting back to work throughout March so we’ll see how this plays out.
    A friend of mine who lives in China says it feels like they have it under control. He says it's the Italians we need to worry about.
    A kind user in the other thread explained in detail how disastrous a delay would be for the studio given interest on investments for the budget, $ invested into marketing, scheduling, etc. Hope it doesn't come to that.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Getafix wrote: »
    A friend of mine who lives in China says it feels like they have it under control. He says it's the Italians we need to worry about.

As usual; my fellow countrymen are beyond stupid (just look at the people they've been voting in the last decades.)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    So, no new trailer from INDIA.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    So, no new trailer from INDIA.

Not that I know of

No. Nothing can compensate the director being British. The film looks too Hollywood and bombastic. I hope I am wrong.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

No. Nothing can compensate the director being British. The film looks too Hollywood and bombastic. I hope I am wrong.

And yet a New Zealander made two of the very best Bond films, while the previous English director made one film that’s mostly considered one of the best and one film that’s mostly considered one of the worst.

In all fairness, the footage rather looks swedish since my fellow swede Linus shot it. Cary gives directions to the actors, even if he have creative inputs and a writers vision how the film should turn out.

We have a british writer/director, Colin Nutley, and married to a swedish actress. He's behind several successful swedish movies because he can create characters in terms of how we interact, behave, talk, etc. Several tv-series and 15 movies (always number one spots) plus the movies are almost classics at this point for many swedes.

Ergo: You don't have to be british in order to grasp the essence of Bond.
    The lowest points of the franchise were under Tamahoris watch who I think fundamentally didn’t grasp what makes bond, bond. From what I’ve seen and heard, fukanaga gets the style, the danger, the class and the flair. He has also assembled on paper the most talented team around him arguably to ever work on the franchise. I have high expectations.