Creed - Rocky franchise spin off.

edited July 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 6,432
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/creed/26579/rocky-spinoff-creed-announced-stallone-involved

Being a fan of the Rocky movies this makes for an interesting read. Stallone to return as Rocky.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'll see it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Should be good, here's hoping. Rocky VII done right.
  • AgentCalibosAgentCalibos Banned
    The true owner of the red white and blue trunks, hopefully Rocky will give them to Creed's grandson in this movie.
    so this is kind of Rocky 7 will it have the theme.
    Is it just a spin off or part of the offcial franchise. Surprised they didn't get Stallone to pull on the gloves once again, as Willis seems to go on forever as John McClane and Ford as Indiana Jones. Sometimes they don't know when enough is enough, or where to stop. I lost interest in the Rocky series after Rocky V, never wanted to see another, so even if Stallone is involved again, or has a member of the Apollo Creed family in it, little chance of taking in a viewing, but never say never. They can make too many of these damn movie series sometimes, ideally should of ended in 1985 with the fourth entry, at least would of been spared the quite abysmal fifth release
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Rocky V was a good film, but most folks don't see it that way because it was too human, and not comic book enough IMO.
    feel free to add to the debate page I started on this new controversy..

http://pgsrealmoviereviews.blogspot.com/2013/07/rocky-balboa-spin-off-creed-thoughtful.html

Leave comments!
    A completely unnecessary film. A well-written backstory could provide all the info necessary to create this film without any mention of Creed or Rocky. A vehicle solely for Stallone.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Is it just a spin off or part of the offcial franchise. Surprised they didn't get Stallone to pull on the gloves once again, as Willis seems to go on forever as John McClane and Ford as Indiana Jones. Sometimes they don't know when enough is enough, or where to stop. I lost interest in the Rocky series after Rocky V, never wanted to see another, so even if Stallone is involved again, or has a member of the Apollo Creed family in it, little chance of taking in a viewing, but never say never. They can make too many of these damn movie series sometimes, ideally should of ended in 1985 with the fourth entry, at least would of been spared the quite abysmal fifth release

Your loss. Rocky Balboa is very good film and stands up there with the best in the series.
    I hate to admit it but Balboa was great and honestly I remember reading the script review for that and Iron Man thinking both films would suck

This is why I am not in the stock market.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Samuel001 wrote:

Your loss. Rocky Balboa is very good film and stands up there with the best in the series.

Agreed Rocky Balboa recaptured alot of what made the early films great. Good film to end the Rocky story.

Rocky “It Ain’t How Hard You Hit…It’s How
    Hard You Can Get Hit and Keep
    Moving Forward”
  • It would obviously have to be Creed Jr or a grandson, as we know the original died in Rocky IV.

As a Philly guy, I love Rocky but it's run it's course long ago for me. 1-3 were great, and Balboa was the near perfect finish. I don't think I'd be interested personally.
    I hate to admit it but Balboa was great and honestly I remember reading the script review for that and Iron Man thinking both films would suck

This is why I am not in the stock market.
  • I love these films, always have, ever since I saw the first one when I was a kid. I first became a boxing fan because of Rocky, I named my dog after Rocky and it was Rocky that first introduced me to Sylvester Stallone, my favourite actor. Bond, Die Hard, Indy, Rocky, Elm Street, Rambo. Those are (in no particular order, apart from Bond being first) the best film series' imo. Can't be beaten.

1) Rocky
    2) Rocky Balboa
    3) Rocky IV
    4) Rocky III
    5) Rocky II
    6) Rocky V

I enjoy them all in some way or another but V is the weakest imo. There are some good scenes (EG- the bit where he goes back to the old gym for the first time in ages and has a flash back and remembers Mick, that was dead sad, and I like the ending where he fights Tommy outside the pub) but I thought the whole thing felt too melodramatic and depressing. Plus Rocky is forced to retire from boxing right at the start. He never has a proper fight. Maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist but when I see a Rocky movie, I want to see him have a proper bout in the ring.

I'm interested in the spin off. Should be good. I want Rambo 5 first though.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    III & IV will always be the two best. Hopefully this can come close to those two.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I just saw this and don't know if anyone mentioned it elsewhere but...

we have a James Bond sighting in a Rocky movie!!!!
    TripAces wrote: »

Did not see it myself though only watched the film once, was it when they were watching TV?

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

They were watching SF in Rocky's apartment. Couldn't believe old Rock shuffles off to bed at the exciting part!

They were watching SF in Rocky's apartment. Couldn't believe old Rock shuffles off to bed at the exciting part!

:)) I cant believe I missed that, I really need to buy this film.
    Creed is now on Netflix. :-bd

That's where I watched it!

Me too.

In a little bit of irony...
    ...the Creed/Conlan fight takes place at Goodison Park, home of Everton, of course. DC is a LFC fan. LOL

Me too.

...the Creed/Conlan fight takes place at Goodison Park, home of Everton, of course. DC is a LFC fan. LOL

As is Sylvester Stallone...!

Me too.

As is Sylvester Stallone...!

Stallone is an Everton fan, hence the setting.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,686
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah that’s great; I like these movies.
    I recall seeing the trailer for Creed during a football game a few months before it came out, shook my head and laughed. Sounded like a horrible cash-in at the time. While my instincts are usually on-target for such things, I am always glad to admit when I was off when it rewards me the way Creed did. I loved it and was saddened when Sly was denied an Oscar for his role.

Creed II was announced and I was again a little skeptical, a lot less so than the first go-round, but not nearly as much as before and was again rewarded with more Rocky continuity. Great stuff.

So bring on Creed 3. I'll check it out. The Rocky series is among my favorite series and the UA logo before one of the original films followed by the championship belt and the Rocky fanfare gives me the same rush as the gunbarrel and Bond theme.

Nice :) I'll be waiting but Sly must return :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!