NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

I also plan on seeing it as soon as possible, which should be that Thursday. When I saw SP on the opening Thursday it was not a super-packed audience. I think I missed the earliest day for SF and I know I didn’t catch QOS for a while. Sadly the only 3 I’ve seen in theaters thus far.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New mini promo - already seen footage but a different edit I believe. From german Instagrammer

Contraband wrote: »
    New mini promo - already seen footage but a different edit I believe. From german Instagrammer

It's just the latest US TV Spot (for the NBA All-Star Game?). It was released some weeks ago.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Charming that Cary Fukanaga did not reshoot the scene where Ana de Armas turns around while trying to grab her purse - because she misses it first. Maybe that enhances her rookie-ness (if anyone actually notices this).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Charming that Cary Fukanaga did not reshoot the scene where Ana de Armas turns around while trying to grab her purse - because she misses it first. Maybe that enhances her rookie-ness (if anyone actually notices this).
    I noticed it too @zebrafish I thought it was such a nice touch.

I don't even know if it was incidental or not but I like it :)
  • zebrafish wrote: »

Noticed that as well. But we dont know yet if that shot is indeed in the film
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

From what I understand in Armas' interviews, Paloma is meant to be a bit clumsy (yet effective when she needs to be), so it fits perfectly in-line with the character. I would think it's intentional.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think it's a Common trend now....almost every Actor for one reason or another wants to play a flawed Character....even in the slightest of ways.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I've been expecting Paloma to execute an impressive jumping roundhouse kick on the one remaining agent of SPECTRE, land with style, and then hobble out of the palace on a sprained ankle.
    The 'previously on Bond' official short edits continue
  • antovolk wrote: »

If it’s with Invisible Man would it have been rated by now? Perhaps there will be no second trailer….
    Yeah, Candyman has already been rated for Invisible Man this week...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    antovolk wrote: »

Whenever I see that clip I can't help but laugh at all the people who were 100% sure that Blofeld would not even get mentioned in this movie and believed Waltz's words when he denied he would return.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think it might have been an afterthought to include Blofeld in the script, coz I remember there were rumours of a Blind Villian then....Waltz is incredibly lucky to be given another chance to play the character. More reason why he needs to give a Stellar Performance.
  • clogan88clogan88 Glasgow
    See if I had a pound for every time I’ve heard that “when her secret finds it’s way out...” line 😂
  • antovolk wrote: »
    Yeah, Candyman has already been rated for Invisible Man this week...

So, I guess we get no 'official' second trailer, just a deluge of TV spots that will even tally be edited into a truncated 1min 16sec 'trailer around a fortnight before release - à la the below.

I'd be minded to complain, but the film's marketing has got a lot of other things rights - especially those TV spots, the song's release, etc - that the lack of proper final trailer, isn't too much of an omission.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    There was footage in that SPECTRE "Final Trailer" that we hadn't seen before, so if we got the same again I don't think we could take it as not being a proper trailer. It would be.

Final trailers are almost always shorter than the main ones.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    They seem to follow the trend. GOT & Avengers/ Star Wars didn't release much footage before the release.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    LucasFilm released plenty of Rise of the Skywalker tv spots, like one per week.
    My local cinema in Germany lists 165 minutes runtime and shows NTTD in 4D, 3D and regular!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mine has updated to 163 minutes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The 2hr 40-45 mark feels right.
    Mine says 2h 43m
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    My local cinema in Germany lists 165 minutes runtime and shows NTTD in 4D, 3D and regular!

In 3D??? Never heard anything that the film would be in 3D. That would be very annoying.
    Give me "regular" any day!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,312
    Update: My cinema just deleted the 3D shows again, only 4DX and regular remains.

And one can buy "Fantickets", i.e. vouchers with the image from the teaser poster printed on them.
    ticket_b_2.png
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Is it possible to experience 4DX without the 3D??
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    What exactly is 4DX?sorry if this is a stupid question. Is this IMAX or special sound system?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    What exactly is 4DX?sorry if this is a stupid question. Is this IMAX or special sound system?
    4DX is a 4D film format developed by CJ 4DPlex, a subsidiary of South Korean cinema chain CJ CGV. It allows films to be augmented with various practical effects, including motion seats, wind, strobe lights, simulated snow, and scents.

I've never experienced it or heard of it until now haha :D
    And 4DX also can be applied to 2D films. There we have it: NTTD is a regular 2D film with optional effects.