No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,755
    Anybody hear/see the video on Instagram of Hans Zimmer’s orchestra playing music from the theme song. It’s absolutely chilling. The music sounds so epic. I hope it’s featured often throughout the movie. You can see it under the account @commanderbond.dk
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Anybody hear/see the video on Instagram of Hans Zimmer’s orchestra playing music from the theme song. It’s absolutely chilling. The music sounds so epic. I hope it’s featured often throughout the movie. You can see it under the account @commanderbond.dk

• silva13silva13 Australia
    I imagine this music at the end during the triumphant escape from safins lair when everyone thinks James Bond is lost but he miraculously comes out on top.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    silva13 wrote: »
    I imagine this music at the end during the triumphant escape from safins lair when everyone thinks James Bond is lost but he miraculously comes out on top.

It's epic
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Its the same shot flipped @007Blofeld Like definitely.

@denbigh why would they flip it we haven't seen the Atlantic road hwy yet and there is no reason to flip shots it's from a different angle.

It is the exact same shot, just flipped. There are many reasons why they would flip it from trailer to trailer. It's all about making the information more digestible for your eyes. Obviously they felt that the shot worked better this way in relation to the shots either side of it.

@Denbigh @CraigMooreOHM@crI I realize yeah I think your right maybe it is a accidental shot getting put in the trailer from the editing room who knows.

Nothing accidental about it.
  • Bit off topic but I hope there’s a tribute to Sir Roger in the end credits. Would be a nice touch.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 13,879
    I received the French SFX magazine, and although it has no new info, it does have an awesome ~A2 poster.
    Birds of Prey is on the back. There are other interesting non-Bond articles in the mag, discussing and showing detailed images of the de-aging process in recent films.

49537017778_d55a9899e1_o.png
    Contraband wrote: »
    Found these. Posted by Miles Nurnberger, Director of Design at Aston Martin Lagonda. Apperently this is the actual Aston Martin Valhalla used in NTTD, with AM DB5 in the background.

milesnurnberger
    Straight from the movie set..... 👀7
    ——
    #astonmartin #astonmartinvalhalla #valhalla #cardesign #design #luxury

KFIGiKt.jpg
    aip8tHv.jpg
    1Fkv8e8.jpg
    4dpLoen.jpg

I never saw in any short including Trailer.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @Denbigh

Bond is not driving the Toyota there. He is driving the V8:
    71154986.jpg?imageId=71154986&x=11.163062536528&y=23.488168273444&cropw=37.580362361192&croph=26.205083260298&width=643&height=300
    Well that's interesting cause he's driving the Toyota in the trailers. Also, we've got a lot of cars in this Norway sequence. I think this is gonna be an extremely impressive sequence in the movie.

I like how when we try to unpack certain scenes we just seem to confuse ourselves even more. Good job EON haha :D

Of he is driving another of his classic Aston Martins V8 Vantage which was driven by 4th James Bond Timothy Dalton
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

From 0:37 on it sounds reminds me of John Barry's score from Thunderball.

Forward to 0:40 and you'll see what I mean.

Promising from, Zimmer!
  • RC7RC7
    I listened to this little snippet on loop yesterday. It’s pure class.
    RC7 wrote: »

Yes totally agree. I think billie eilishes song going by this will set a definite tone of foreboding in the soundtrack. Chilling!

Yep, it bodes very well. I think Hans is a true Bond fan and respects the superb musical legacy. I never got that vibe from Newman, who seemed to push against the legacy.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    He should have made time for the receptionist at the Ocean Club!.

This is the truest post I've ever seen on this forum

Yes. And the airport clerk in QoS.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    I think they're gonna go all out for this film, because they know they can do anything going forward as they'll probably end up rebooting it again.

If any of our recurring characters die in this film, it's safe to say we'll be getting a reboot I'd imagine.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

@denbigh why would they flip it we haven't seen the Atlantic road hwy yet and there is no reason to flip shots it's from a different angle.

It is the exact same shot, just flipped. There are many reasons why they would flip it from trailer to trailer. It's all about making the information more digestible for your eyes. Obviously they felt that the shot worked better this way in relation to the shots either side of it.

@Denbigh @CraigMooreOHM@crI I realize yeah I think your right maybe it is a accidental shot getting put in the trailer from the editing room who knows.

Nothing accidental about it.

Ok
  • RyanRyan Canada
    jerome007 wrote: »
    Bit off topic but I hope there’s a tribute to Sir Roger in the end credits. Would be a nice touch.

I do expect a small nod to Sir Roger. Something small like a dedication at the beginning of the end credits.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Found these. Posted by Miles Nurnberger, Director of Design at Aston Martin Lagonda. Apperently this is the actual Aston Martin Valhalla used in NTTD, with AM DB5 in the background.

milesnurnberger
    Straight from the movie set..... 👀7
    ——
    #astonmartin #astonmartinvalhalla #valhalla #cardesign #design #luxury

I never saw in any short including Trailer.

@Agent7F They might be saving all footage with Valhalla for the big opening.

Second Unit and Valhalla on location shoot in Scotland.

m1Hzg5V.jpg
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Cannot wait for the OST to come out. I have a feeling the music will be superb. Refreshing to have something new after Skyfall & SP.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Cannot wait for the OST to come out. I have a feeling the music will be superb. Refreshing to have something new after Skyfall & SP.

Second all that Donny !!
    🍸
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Ryan wrote: »
    Bit off topic but I hope there’s a tribute to Sir Roger in the end credits. Would be a nice touch.

I do expect a small nod to Sir Roger. Something small like a dedication at the beginning of the end credits.

Perhaps like in SP the gun barrel fades to black and a text dedication to Moore displays. ;)
  • Ryan wrote: »

Perhaps like in SP the gun barrel fades to black and a text dedication to Moore displays. ;)

Let’s hope so. Other than that loving everything about this film so far.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Yep, it bodes very well. I think Hans is a true Bond fan and respects the superb musical legacy. I never got that vibe from Newman, who seemed to push against the legacy.

Zimmer score will be the best of the Craig era, mark my words.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm getting the feeling the score will be a much needed breathe of fresh air after SP.
    matt_u wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Zimmer score will be the best of the Craig era, mark my words.

We've been spoiled, really. All have been good, safe for the latest who was a re ash of the one that came before. But all Bond scores have been great, IMO.

But I do believe Zimmer's will be epic! :)
  • The theme song is growing on me, probably because I know what to expect from it now. It fits the Craig era pretty well, which I can't begrudge.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Always very good!

Can’t wait to see it 🍸
    I think Arnold's score for CR is DC's best so far but I'm encouraged by what I've heard of NTTD so far.
  • I wasn't too particularly excited about Zimmer coming on board, but now having heard his work on the title song and that little snippet, I can say my anticipation level has done a 180. Cautiously optimistic. LOVE the fact that he's blending in the title song into the score and I'm happy that there hasn't been much of an indication that we're getting a retread of his previous work. I feel that he's genuinely excited for this gig.