NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Bloody hell you guys weren't kidding..indeed, just don't look too close or do a frame by frame breakdown
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    https://i.imgur.com/I1ZEpMm.jpg
    This is interesting
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Interestingly, Bond meets Paloma in casual clothes not his tux, while she is in her evening gown and jewels. Would this then take place before the dance floor?
    00Agent wrote: »
    Station_Z wrote: »
    There might be one major spoiler in this TV-spot! Don't look too close at the 20sec-mark, or you'll notice the
    death of Felix Leiter!
    9hEGINP.jpg

I hope that explosion cost him an arm and a leg... badum tss
    Too me it looked like Bond.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    There might be one major spoiler in this TV-spot! Don't look too close at the 20sec-mark, or you'll notice the
    death of Felix Leiter!
    9hEGINP.jpg

Bond is the one being thrown back.

So it would seem they've been influenced by the Dr. No, You Only Live Twice and Live and Let Die novels in some ways I guess.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Keep it in spoiler tags please. Although it doesn't necessarily mean what we think.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    death of Felix Leiter!
    9hEGINP.jpg

But Felix in the background between his legs…

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Yeah. Can we talk about these shots from the trailer though. Love em!! :)

Only putting these tags for people who haven't seen the spot yet.
    DoHDGiO.jpg
    K20BRqq.jpg
    A89qZaE.jpg
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    death of Felix Leiter!
    9hEGINP.jpg

But Felix in the background between his legs…
    is it felix who gets knocked down or Bond?
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 78
    Denbigh wrote: »
    New footage guys!!! Paloma looks awesome :D

No THAT is a TV spot !!
    Excellent, by far the best blast of Bond we’ve had imo. Very good TV spot and my favourite of what we’ve had in terms of spots thus far.

This along with the title song spot are great and flow nicely with the cinematography looking outstanding! The shots in both of those are excellent and points to some incredible cinematography in this film which teamed with Cary’s direction and Zimmers music literally fills me with excitement and I’m getting increasingly impatient for NTTD now, which is no bad thing.

It’s been mentioned by others here before but I must admit it’s great to have the mystery around the plot and order of the film this close to release and really is a massive boost for this film. They have done an incredible job in keeping things tight, which in this day in age has got to be near on impossible. The fact that in the duration of filming we didn’t see a single shot of Rami Malek or David Dencik amazes me. I do hope we get a little of Dave Bautista though, that would be cool even if it’s a passing comment or something like that.

HAPPY DAYS !! 🍸
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    @007Blofeld
    It's Bond who gets thrown back by the explosion, but look between Bond's legs before the explosion. It appears to be Felix laying up against something in the background where the blast happens.
    Must admit that, so far, the best trailer/spot for me was the one with Eilish's song. You know, the one that has the plane blowing up when the burning paper touches the ground. That one was really something.

Also, I'm glad the cgi face transpositioning has evolved. Way better than the one from SF, don't you guys think? I'm of course referring to the Bond on the Triumph bike scene from this latest spot. Very well done.

I'm, like many others, in full fan mode. These will be tough weeks.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    Also, I'm glad the cgi face transpositioning has evolved. Way better than the one from SF, don't you guys think? I'm of course referring to the Bond on the Triumph bike scene from this latest spot. Very well done.

Fully agreed, @Univex

I don't think the stuff in SF is necessarily poor, but the similar scenes here are almost flawless.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,665

Fully agreed, @Univex

I don't think the stuff in SF is necessarily poor, but the similar scenes here are almost flawless.

Yes, I've never quite got the criticism for those scenes at the Grand Bazar. They looked very well done, IMO. But, as you say, these look far superior.

BTW, I remember the PTSD years after DUD in 02, when all I wanted from trailers was to see that there was no poor cgi. The shivers... I dreaded that flying car in CR, before knowing they'd done it for real. I was petrified with the plane sequence in QOS. And even in SF, I hated those helicopters overhead in Silva's island. And I was expecting more realistic Komodo dragons. But hey, after DUD, the PTSD, as I said, was severe. All seems fine now. Even the paraglider unfolding doesn't bother me one bit. Seems nice. I doubt a person like Fukunaga would let bad cgi slip.
    Agent_47 wrote: »
    @007Blofeld
    It's Bond who gets thrown back by the explosion, but look between Bond's legs before the explosion. It appears to be Felix laying up against something in the background where the blast happens.
    And it seems Felix is wounded too
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2020 Posts: 10,586
    @007Blofeld
    And it seems Felix is wounded too
    Are we certain he actually dies in this shot though? It looks like he's either already dead or wounded as a result of the explosion. His death seemed pretty inevitable regardless.
    That’s wild. Some of us had speculated he was going to die but revealing it in the trailer??
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I wasn’t aware Felix would be helping Bond raid Safin’s lair.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Agreed, it was well executed CGI, and they even had Craig's mouth open up just a tad for those couple of seconds. Having said that, in five years time we'll look back at that CGI and say, "Yeesh!"

One issue with the CGI face replacement in SF's Grand Bazaar scene is that the CGI face either doesn't quite match the angle of Craig's head, or the CGI face is too far forward/off the face. You can see the same issue on Craig when he's fighting Patrice in Shanghai.
    Ok, less than 2 months away from the movie

What do you expect from the movie based on the one trailer and few spots here and there?
    Where do you think NTTD will rank?

For me personally...somewhere in the double digits....

That's the sky, and it's the same shot, reversed horizontally, nothing more than that. The DBS Superleggera wasn't in the Atlantic Ocean road scenes. Only the V8.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

Are you bringing up this shot in all of the NTTD threads?? It's a reversed shot, specifically for this trailer that I assume an editor decided it flowed better.
    @007Blofeld

So... Does Felix lose his leg?
    Man, if they really kill off Felix, I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna react. Really dislike it to be honest. If they are going to do anything with him, they need to stick with Fleming and maim him, in my opinion.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 78
    Not that I feel we need trailer 2 or that I’m wanting it as these 30 second TV spots are great, last 1 and the title song spot are excellent, but do you reckon we’ll even get a trailer 2 now? Is it too close to release for a large theatrical trailer?

Has there been any other movies of significance in the last year or so that only had 1 trailer and subsequently released short burst spots before release?

I personally and preferably would like maybe an extended TV spot (1.30mins) in March, along with 1 or 2 more spots for the UK with new material, poster 2 then the usual merchandise product 007 themed ads, movie clips and 1 or 2 pieces from Zimmer, chat show rounds and I’d be more than happy.

I REALLY wish that the theatrical poster (2) is amazing. The character posters are cool, teaser poster was........ poor, and some theatrical posters for recent blockbusters in the last year or so have been amazing and it would be a shame for DC’s final Bond movie poster to be too conservative and minimalist.
    🍸
    I only want a decent theatrical poster. I don't want to see or hear anything else.

But if they do release anything else, I'll watch it 8-}
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    Give me a painted poster or a Brosnan era style mash up; Anything but these Tom Ford advertisement shots they've been using since Quantum.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Not sure if it’s been said yet. Bond is wearing the braces and white undershirt tv spot during the explosion. Meaning that a certain character is present during the finale. If Safin’s base is indeed the finale.
  • RC7RC7
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s been said yet. Bond is wearing the braces and white undershirt tv spot during the explosion. Meaning that a certain character is present during the finale. If Safin’s base is indeed the finale.

Yep. Makes me very happy.