NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    jake24 wrote: »
    Guys, don't take the song as any indication of what the film's structure will be like. Remember, Sheryl Crow's TND and Garbage's TWINE are told from Paris' and Elektra's perspectives and those songs feature in their respective films before either character is even introduced.

I highly doubt Cary will bend the structure that much.

Gunbarrel
    Norway
    Titles
    Matera

To be fair, even though Elektra isn't introduced her whole scheme is already in motion before the title sequence even begins, so in context the song works fine that way.

Never realized Sheryl Crow's was supposed to take from Paris' perspective. She such a waste of a character, it's kind of weird to use her as a focal point for a song, especially since Bond gets over her so quickly.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Guys, don't take the song as any indication of what the film's structure will be like. Remember, Sheryl Crow's TND and Garbage's TWINE are told from Paris' and Elektra's perspectives and those songs feature in their respective films before either character is even introduced.

Gunbarrel
    Norway
    Titles
    Matera

This! Originally in TWINE the boat chase came after anyway but they thoughg it wouldn't be big enough for a pre title but I'm sure cary won't worry about topping SP. He might go for a less js more.

Gunbarrel
    Norway
    Titles
    Matera

That’s what I’m hoping for.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 1,680
    I’m wondering if the flashback is scattered in pieces throughout the PTS and the Norway finale.

They might not want us the audience to know what happened between safin and swann all at once.

I think we might piece it together from bonds point of view
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It obvious that NTTD is going to be an emotional rollercoaster ; I cannot believe that it will end on a down note, even if it involves heroic sacrifice.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m wondering if the flashback is scattered in pieces throughout the PTS and the Norway finale.

They might not want us the audience to know what happened between safin and swann all at once.

I think we might piece it together from bonds point of view

I was thinking along those lines too. Perhaps the Safin/Young Madeleine ice chase will be interspersed throughout the movie as either a memory, a dream, a flashback, or a secret about her past she later divulges to Bond.

But here’s my take on how things will play out, though:

- Logos.
    - GB sequence, opening to:
    - PTS. Like a lot of other people on here, I think we’re in for a little mini movie before the titles, and it may be the longest ever (15-20
    - minutes). Here, we’d have the “love montage” in Matera, or scenes of Bond and Madeleine enjoying life - akin to the OHMSS montage with Bond and Tracy; this would include the Easter Procession/burning letters. Following this would be, of course, Bond paying last respects to Vesper; tomb ambush; the DB5 chase scene with Safin’s goons, Primo heading it up; then after the chase (motorcycle and DB5), Bond and Madeleine split ways, leading to:
    - NTTD Titles sequence. Ends.
    - “5 Years Later” (a nod to GE)...

Beyond that, not sure. There’s so many moving parts in this film that it’s difficult to predict how things will play out.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Can I just say - another minute trailer and we still know hardly anything. Love it.
    Also it seems bond visits the house during a warmer climate with vegetation.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    My prediction:

-Gunbarrel
    -Norway
    -Madeleine under the ice and Safin shoots at her
    -Titles (underwater oriented)
    -Madeleine swimming at the beach with Bond
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    My prediction:

-Gunbarrel
    -Norway
    -Madeleine under the ice and Safin shoots at her
    -Titles (underwater oriented)
    -Madeleine swimming at the beach with Bond

My guess is Safin wants her alive. But she falls through the lake so he's shooting a wider hole to save her, not shooting at her
  • I don't know what's supposed to be going on with Safin's skin on his face but it really makes my skin crawl.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That's the vibe I'm getting. Here's how I think it will play out:

Studio logos, no gun barrel.
    Safin chasing the young girl at the cabin, five minutes, no dialogue.
    GUN BARREL. 25 years later.

Opening with Bond in Matera, lasts 15 minutes to give us enough of them living a peaceful life before it all falls apart with the action. Ends with a Bond feeling betrayed.
    Pre-titles play.
    Rest of the movie.

You heard it here first.

I like that idea. You could call it a PGS. And a time jump of 25 years is quite clever.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I just don't see the Norway sequence bleeding well into the gunbarrel, personally. Also I'd really like to see the iris open on Norway.
    Not sure but I think this is a fan-made trailer, adding more footage (from the long trailer) along with Billies song

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    @Contraband that's not new footage it's the same one released by official bond account on YouTube. Preview of the song, don't know if we will get the full video.
    @Contraband that's not new footage it's the same one released by official bond account on YouTube. Preview of the song, don't know if we will get the full video.

Never said it was new footage. But I was sure someone had added some of the old footage before the mgm lion pops up. But you're right, it's the official one.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    QBranch wrote: »

Opening with Bond in Matera, lasts 15 minutes to give us enough of them living a peaceful life before it all falls apart with the action. Ends with a Bond feeling betrayed.
    Pre-titles play.
    Rest of the movie.

You heard it here first.

I like that idea. You could call it a PGS. And a time jump of 25 years is quite clever.

I'm quite into the idea that the film opens with no gunbarrel and then we get a brief 3-5 minute wordless sequence on the lake before the GB.

I would typically be of the opinion that Norway was the PTS, but Billie's song heavily implies that we will see Matera first. She even said in the Apple interview with Zane Lowe she was given the opening to read in order to write an appropriate song. This pretty much confirms that Matera is the PTS.

Also, I think we get a bit of a clue that young Madeleine is actually Lea Seydoux if the last shot of her pre-GB is her under water and the first shot post-GB is Seydoux underwater.......see here:

laxg3xva.jpg
    9ofychib.jpg

I also couldn't think of a more Bondian image to open the film post-GB than Lea Seydoux in a swimsuit.

Though it would be fourth Bond film not to open with the gunbarrel.........which I know is blasphemous to some. Though in this suggested context the opening is more of a 'coda' before the story beings proper.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm sticking to my guns that it'll be....

Gunbarrel
    Norway
    Matera
    Title Sequence
    London? (scientist kidnapping)
    Jamaica

And so on.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Based on the weather it truly would be a "cold" open. ;)

Dad jokes aside though, my hunch is that with all the emphasis on classic Bond that the gun barrel will be in its rightful place at the start.

I'm guessing one of two scenarios following a gun barrel opening.

1) We'll have a very short Bond-less PTS with the Norway stuff

2) It will serve as a prologue to Matera (perhaps cutting directly to Maddy in bed with Bond and thus serving as a dream/flashback while contextually just being said prologue) and then on with likely the longest PTS in the series

I guess time will tell!

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yeah I think it'll be at the start too @Ryan

I really wanna see the iris open on Norway, plus I don't think the gunbarrel could be incorporated that well into a scene that doesn't have Bond in it, and I think to cut from Norway to black and then having the dots would just be weird imo.
    I think it would be both equally awesome - to have it at the start or breaking up the Norway from Italy stuff. Though now I think we do have a good theory out there on how they connect - Madeleine swimming is a great shout - so they may just end up doing it 'properly' for once.

The bigger questions are - the design (I'm personally hoping for Brosnan-esque with the 3D lighting, that remains the best hands down) - and whether it'll be in the full IMAX aspect ratio.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    New footage guys!!! Paloma looks awesome :D

Denbigh wrote: »
    New footage guys!!! Paloma looks awesome :D

Omg!!! That got me so hyped! Can't wait for april.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    That shot of Lashana Lynch too! You know the one haha :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Some really great action
    First words from Paloma. Great shot of Bond in the forrest.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    That shot of Bond detonating the explosives in Safin’s base! Is the Bond we’re been waiting! It invokes Stromberg’s ship in Spy and the Russian Base in Goldeneye!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I can already see the PWB influence from even that short part, and i love it. If you've seen Killing Eve you'll know what I mean :)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185

yeah, she's a bit... late.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    QBranch wrote: »

Pre-titles play.
    Rest of the movie.

You heard it here first.

Also, I think we get a bit of a clue that young Madeleine is actually Lea Seydoux if the last shot of her pre-GB is her under water and the first shot post-GB is Seydoux underwater.......see here:

laxg3xva.jpg
    9ofychib.jpg

Uhm, I expressed the idea of a cut between young Madeleine being pulled out of the ice and adult Madeleine emerging out of the sea in the present literally 24 hours ago. On the other hand, the gun barrel in-between the two scenes is not a good idea for obvious reasons.