NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am wondering when the title song is going to be released? Will their be any film footage in any potential video too?

I would honestly say next week may be the week - tickets going on sale, the low possibility of it premiering at the Oscars tonight aside we have seen that rumour about the BRITs next weekend...
  • ConnorConnor UK
    antovolk wrote: »
    I am wondering when the title song is going to be released? Will their be any film footage in any potential video too?

I would honestly say next week may be the week - tickets going on sale, the low possibility of it premiering at the Oscars tonight aside we have seen that rumour about the BRITs next weekend...

I saw Vahn on Twitter was teasing a potential trailer drop. Do you think that will occur tonight?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    A lot of the negative stuff I've seen has been regurgitation of the same things that people have been saying since Craig became Bond, and none of that had an impact on the takings of the previous four films.

Not wanting to intrude here, but that's actually true. That and a bit of that "woke fear" stuff, which is the "thing" of the moment. No one, in retrospect, will think about any of that when rewatching the film on a much later date. It'll be a good Bond film or it won't. And even if it's not a good Bond film, it'll still be on the shelve along with the other 24 and counting. And we'll still watch it on the telly and put it on our players. Why? Because we're fans of this stuff. Just be grateful we've got a new one coming up.

And it'll be here in two months time.

Some fans might leave and I definitely know some of them but I'm not naming names. Especially if the brand starts to turn into Marvel people don't want a marvel rip off.

Good luck to them.

Sad really why we push further away from its identity hope it doesn't turn into star wars but its headed in that direction. @CraigMooreOHMSS

It really isn't.

I feel it is.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    jake24 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Only M and Blofeld say new lines, the rest is the same as in the original trailer.
    Pretty sure M says the same "faster than we can respond" line, only we actually see it this time. You can tell by the movement of his lips.

I'm telling what M says in Russian dubbing, not what Ralph Fiennes says originally.

It's: Humanity is on the verge of a global catastrophe.
    Makes sense. So, not a new line then.

Yes, it could be a freedom of translation.

Alternatively, those could be M's words right before or after he says 'faster than we can respond'.

For example: 'The world is arming faster than we can respond. Humanity is on the verge of a global disaster.'

Remains to be seen.

In the original full Russian trailer M says the catastrophe line as a translation of the faster than we can respond one.

So yeah, only new dialogue here is Blofeld.

Thanks, I didn't watch the original Russian trailer.
    Perhaps we will get a trailer in English with Blofeld's new line soon.
    Connor wrote: »

I saw Vahn on Twitter was teasing a potential trailer drop. Do you think that will occur tonight?

I think he's just speculating.

There's a chance for sure, more and more movies have started to advertise during the Oscars so I wouldn't be surprised to see a TV spot this evening. If anything, really the big indicator is tickets going on sale next week...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

There's a chance for sure, more and more movies have started to advertise during the Oscars so I wouldn't be surprised to see a TV spot this evening. If anything, really the big indicator is tickets going on sale next week...

Hard to believe this is where we are! So exciting.

Hard to believe this is where we are! So exciting.

Right? Time just flew. Tempus Fugit.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 309
    David Zaritsky re-posted a (cell phone) recording of a new TV spot on Facebook. It was aired during the E! Oscar Brunch.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Burgess wrote: »
    David Zaritsky re-posted a (cell phone) recording of a new TV spot on Facebook. It was aired during the E! Oscar Brunch.

Someone here with an account?

https://www.facebook.com/david.zaritsky.9
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 1,680
    What does safin say and the text on the note say????
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Safin says he's made Bond redundant-- and Bond hates right back with, not as long as there are ppl like you in the world.

Malek looks disturbed. Bond looks raw.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    What does safin say and the text on the note say????

“James Bond. Ive made you redundant”

And

Forgive Me
    Will check once their is a better version.
    We need a better version of the spot
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Come on, Bond!

All good things to see. Thankfully the sound quality surely cleared up to You versus Him discussion.
    Seems like we’re gonna get the same footage I’m tired of hearing waltz already lol
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Oscars Spot! Love to be proven wrong :D
    “I’ve made you redundant...”
    “Not as long as there are people like you in the world.” YES. This is high quality James Bond sh**.
    “I’ve made you redundant...”
    “Not as long as there are people like you in the world.” YES. This is high quality James Bond sh**.

+1. I’m loving the dialogue that has come out so far. These next two months may be the longest ones yet in waiting for the movie, but I do have a Bondathon going on to help pass the time a bit!
    I’ve got an impromptu Bondathon happening as well but it’s for a project I’m working on and as such it’s taking forever and a day...
    Bond standing in front of that tomb (you know who) with a written note "forgive me"
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I know somebody already posted this; but here it is again.
    I think the film is looking brilliant. I'm very psyched for this Bond film. B-)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Bring it on!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Bond standing in front of that tomb (you know who) with a written note "forgive me"

Ok I was trying to read that to I wonder if it's from Vesper or Madeleine?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to the whole film.
    From all the trailers and tv spots, this looks like it could be a very good Bond film.
  • RC7RC7
    Benny wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to the whole film.
    From all the trailers and tv spots, this looks like it could be a very good Bond film.

Ditto. At the end of the day if we Bond fans can’t be optimistic, who can?
    Contraband wrote: »

Ok I was trying to read that to I wonder if it's from Vesper or Madeleine?
    It could be Vesper's, he's been saving it all these years in his pocket and now standing there trying to come to an closure and moving on with Swann