NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• 007Blofeld wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I still don't understand the hyper Nomi worry....it's not like Lynch has shot & will appear in the Gunbarrel Sequence.

It's the 007 thing I think with people and the logo.

'It's just a number' I think Bond says in Die Another Day ...
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I still don't understand the hyper Nomi worry....it's not like Lynch has shot & will appear in the Gunbarrel Sequence.

Its not just a number if it's used in all their marketing. Why have the 007 logo if it isn't him.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,677
    James Bond IS a man. And I do want better female characters, in answer to @Denbigh's post. In fact, I'd love a new take on the "femme fatale" archetype.

On the other hand, I have little interested in knowing other 00s, and I've often spoken about how I think not knowing them was part of the mythology of the secrete services. But hey, they think otherwise apparently. And I'm an EON fan as well as a Fleming fan, so I'll take it. I'll have faith in them. Always do. But I never liked the female ass kicking roles. Never. Only the seductive ones, the "femme fatale" ones. The Fiona Volpe types.The "I can karate your ass and shoot a sub machine gun" were never to my liking. But hey, the world has moved on. And I respect and support EON's creative efforts, whatever they are.

Personally, I have no problem with the 007 thing. I think that'll be fun if made creatively. I didn't want Bond to share time or team up with another 00 in the first place. But if that's to be done, hell, why not Nomi? She seems cool enough.

Its not just a number if it's used in all their marketing. Why have the 007 logo if it isn't him.

Because, as I mentioned in the other thread, the whole story with Nomi as 007 is built upon the public and Bond himself linking Bond to 007. While in reality after retirement from MI6...

And - what is ultimately a - second 007 is meant to be a surprise after all.
    antovolk wrote: »

Because, as I mentioned in the other thread, the whole story with Nomi as 007 is built upon the public and Bond himself linking Bond to 007. While in reality after retirement from MI6...

Of course. That all makes sense. And this 007 discussion is moot, I think.

Good luck selling it to the public it will fall apart fast. Just look at the outrage to the initial reaction as an example.

Good luck selling it to the public it will fall apart fast.

Didn't quite fall apart when the Marvel films have legitimately doctored footage to be misleading to hide the true nature of what happens in the likes of Avengers Endgame...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Good luck selling it to the public it will fall apart fast. Just look at the outrage to the initial reaction as an example.
    Context is everything my friend. People might actually enjoy it if they give it a chance, but those who are talking about "retconning" and "ruining the franchise" have probably already made their minds up.

Good luck selling it to the public it will fall apart fast.

Didn't quite fall apart when the Marvel films have legitimately doctored footage to be misleading to hide the true nature of what happens in the likes of Avengers Endgame...

These aren't marvel films these are Bond films based on one character sorry wrong franchise.
    Denbigh wrote: »

Context is everything my friend. People might actually enjoy it if they give it a chance, but those who are talking about "retconning" and "ruining the franchise" have probably already made their minds up.

Maybe but if it turns out as it was out there already it will fall apart fast.

Seems like every other franchise these days has those negative pests.
    Seems like I'm on the Marvel thread
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Fiennes as M looking badass
    EQRBW2gW4AE6uIB?format=jpg&name=large

From a Russian shortened trailer/spot which looks like that one with Blofeld going 'your enemy is my enemy now' some on here have seen at the cinema...

One guy in my twitter feed wrote this after seeing russian version:

There’s a new phrase in this trailer I haven’t heard before. Blofeld said to Bond about Safin: We haven’t faced such a dangerous enemy before.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

The outrage was not as big as you make it sound.
    Contraband wrote: »

From a Russian shortened trailer/spot which looks like that one with Blofeld going 'your enemy is my enemy now' some on here have seen at the cinema...

There’s a new phrase in this trailer I haven’t heard before. Blofeld said to Bond about Safin: We haven’t faced such a dangerous enemy before.

I was wondering what he said. Thanks.
    Contraband wrote: »

Yup, that is indeed what he says in this trailer.
    It was maybe not to you though because you like the idea. @CraigMooreOHMSS
    It was maybe not to you though because you like the idea.

Honestly, it makes no odds to me - and even if it did, it wouldn't effect my observation skills. There was some backlash, which is to be expected, but that died down fairly quickly. Most of the focus, in the most general sense, is on Craig and Malek. A lot of the negative stuff I've seen has been regurgitation of the same things that people have been saying since Craig became Bond, and none of that had an impact on the takings of the previous four films.
    It was maybe not to you though because you like the idea.

Honestly, it makes no odds to me - and even if it did, it wouldn't effect my observation skills. There was some backlash, which is to be expected, but that died down fairly quickly. Most of the focus, in the most general sense, is on Craig and Malek. A lot of the negative stuff I've seen has been regurgitation of the same things that people have been saying since Craig became Bond, and none of that had an impact on the takings of the previous four films.

It wouldn't have been with me either and just looking at comments its lasted longer then that anytime she is mentioned negative talk tabloid page comments social media everywhere. Its alot more then just Craig Bond angst its mostly they don't like her character.
    A lot of the negative stuff I've seen has been regurgitation of the same things that people have been saying since Craig became Bond, and none of that had an impact on the takings of the previous four films.

Not wanting to intrude here, but that's actually true. That and a bit of that "woke fear" stuff, which is the "thing" of the moment. No one, in retrospect, will think about any of that when rewatching the film on a much later date. It'll be a good Bond film or it won't. And even if it's not a good Bond film, it'll still be on the shelve along with the other 24 and counting. And we'll still watch it on the telly and put it on our players. Why? Because we're fans of this stuff. Just be grateful we've got a new one coming up.

And it'll be here in two months time.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I do get where @007Blofeld is coming from....but I think Nomi might just be in NTTD to maybe give Craig a less-brooding demeanour & also expand the plot....coz it's so obvious that their dialogue scene is going to have a repartee style to it...like all the ones we've seen from the trailers so far. Of course, am not sure....but there might be a scene....where Nomi is in dire straits and Bond might suddenly appears and rescues her....and the Bond theme plays, showing her that's the real 007.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Does nobody wonder what M says?
    Univex wrote: »
    A lot of the negative stuff I've seen has been regurgitation of the same things that people have been saying since Craig became Bond, and none of that had an impact on the takings of the previous four films.

Not wanting to intrude here, but that's actually true. That and a bit of that "woke fear" stuff, which is the "thing" of the moment. No one, in retrospect, will think about any of that when rewatching the film on a much later date. It'll be a good Bond film or it won't. And even if it's not a good Bond film, it'll still be on the shelve along with the other 24 and counting. And we'll still watch it on the telly and put it on our players. Why? Because we're fans of this stuff. Just be grateful we've got a new one coming up.

Here, here.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Does nobody wonder what M says?
    We haven’t faced such a dangerous enemy before.
    I do get where @007Blofeld is coming from....but I think Nomi might just be in NTTD to maybe give Craig a less-brooding demeanour & also expand the plot....coz it's so obvious that their dialogue scene is going to have a repartee style to it...like all the ones we've seen from the trailers so far. Of course, am not sure....but there might be a scene....where Nomi is in dire straits and Bond might suddenly appears and rescues her....and the Bond theme plays, showing her that's the real 007.

If EON are just going to push off this worry they are going to be hurting you you start messing with your identity of your brand your going to take a hit. I hate to say all this.

Some fans might leave and I definitely know some of them but I'm not naming names. Especially if the brand starts to turn into Marvel people don't want a marvel rip off.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    I don’t really get how people can say they don’t like a character they’ve only seen in the context of about less than minute.
    I don’t really get how people can say they don’t like a character they’ve only seen in the context of about less than minute.

I don't get an understanding of why you want the main character of the series to be kill off and the whole series to be a Marvel rip off. It's a matter of perspective. Maybe she will be great but all this talk of her isn't helping me seeing any good things to come from her or what they are doing with her.

Some fans might leave and I definitely know some of them but I'm not naming names. Especially if the brand starts to turn into Marvel people don't want a marvel rip off.

Good luck to them.

Good luck to them.

Yep, good riddance (no one will leave, trust me). Besides, we've already established that Bond is a family business and it has nothing to do with Marvel or how other franchises are run in the cinema industry. It's its own thing.

And...if DAD didn't make fans go away, I doubt anything else will.