What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• edited January 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Sassi Live are claiming that Beyonce has arrived in Matera today to film the music video...

Still think this is nothing....nonetheless, its getting a lot of mainstream attention

• I'd be completely okay with Beyonce singing the title song. She has the voice!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Sassi Live are claiming that Beyonce has arrived in Matera today to film the music video...

Still think this is nothing....nonetheless, its getting a lot of mainstream attention

@Pierce2Daniel Correction: Sassi claims Jay-Z is in Matera and that she's joining him next week to shoot the video in the city and along the coastline.
    Contraband wrote: »

@Pierce2Daniel Correction: Sassi claims Jay-Z is in Matera and that she's joining him next week to shoot the video in the city and along the coastline.

Beyonce would be a fantastic choice. She’s a great performer with a stunning voice, and a huge fan base.
  • If they wanted to REALLY go dating they’d go for a Beyoncé/Jay-Z duo.
    If they wanted to REALLY go dating they’d go for a Beyoncé/Jay-Z duo.

If this rumor is true, we don’t know that they’re not.

A Jay-Z produced, Beyoncé performed James Bond title song. Both Bond and Beyoncé would benefit.

• EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    I am prepared for a long wait until an official announcement then, her last two albums were dropped without any prior announcement nevermind any leaks beforehand oO Still she would make a befitting choice, let's only hope the song turns out more in line with Lemonade and not like the over-bland and Zimmer-supported Lion King tie-in.
    Scan italian media for pics with Jay-Z in Matera, and maybe even with Barbara and Michael by his side. If they are, well then it's a done deal. And next week if Bouncy herself shoots the video.

Since Matera-based Sasslive has written a long piece about the rumour, that's the main source for upcoming pics and videos. God knows how much Sassi provided (us) with material back in september.
  • Contraband wrote: »
    Scan italian media for pics with Jay-Z in Matera, and maybe even with Barbara and Michael by his side. If they are, well then it's a done deal. And next week if Bouncy herself shoots the video.

Since Matera-based Sasslive has written a long piece about the rumour, that's the main source for upcoming pics and videos. God knows how much Sassi provided (us) with material back in september.

Huh?

Do you have photos?

Huh?

Do you have photos?

Nope. It was a call for everybody to start scanning it. media after material if this is true
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 4,400

Huh?

Do you have photos?

Nope. It was a call for everybody to start scanning it. media after material if this is true

But where did you hear this? If Jay Z is in Matera with Michal and Barbara that's HUGE.

Maybe.......we could be getting a Beyonce and Jay Z collaboration. Though I doubt the source hugely. Perhaps NTTD is coming from The Carters.

Huh?

Do you have photos?

But where did you hear this? If Jay Z is in Matera with Michal and Barbara that's HUGE.

Maybe.......we could be getting a Beyonce and Jay Z collaboration. Though I doubt the source hugely. Perhaps NTTD is coming from The Carters.

Sassilive wrote about it.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,018
    From sassilive, idiot translation via Google

"According to rumors, the American singer Beyoncé will shoot the video clip for the soundtrack of "No time to die", the film with James Bond that will be released in theaters worldwide in the second week of April 2020. Negotiation with the singer skipped Catalan Rosalia Argentina Eon production, the film production company directed by Barbara Broccoli, has chosen to focus on the stars of the firmament of world music for the production of the video clip that will be shot between the Sassi and the historic center of Matera and along the Ionian coast Lucan. The composer of the soundtrack is the German Hans Florian Zimmer, also engaged in the role of German record producer and keyboard player, at the helm of the music department of the DreamWorks film studio. Hans Florian Zimmer was preferred to Dan Romer, a Los Angeles-based music producer, songwriter and composer.

To perform an inspection in the locations affected by the shooting of the video clip, the artist Jay-Z, Beyoncé's husband has already arrived in Italy and has already become popular all over the world first for his musical productions as rappers and then as an entrepreneur, record producer and US sports attorney. In the next week Beyoncé will reach Jay-Z in Italy for the scenes of the video clip that will be shot in the Sassi of Matera and along the Lucanian Ionian coast.

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/musica-cultura-e-spettacoli/beyonce-scelta-per-colonna-sonora-videoclip-film-no-time-to-die-con-james-bond-girato-nei-sassi-di-matera-sopralluogo-del-produttore-jay-z-coppia-in-arrivo-a-matera/

And I'm adding if BB and/or Michael also are present, then it's a done deal for real. But So far no pics or footage of Jay-Z & co in Matera
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    With Cornell’s YKMN Craig’s era came in with a roar , I was hoping it would go out with one; with that said, Beyoncé is obviously up to the task and has the talent and presence to do a strong title track .
    I hope her effort is stronger than that of the previous Austin Powers alumni.
    Just please, musically, keep Jay-z away from this.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    talos7 wrote: »
    With Cornell’s YKMN Craig’s era came in with a roar , I was hoping it would go out with one; with that said, Beyoncé is obviously up to the task and has the talent and presence to do a strong title track .

My thoughts too....I just don't know or see how Jay-Z fits in....to be honest.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Sassilive has had some things right, but they've also spread total bogus rumours and making things up (Genome of a Woman, anyone?).

So I don't trust them, at all. Knowing Beyoncé, it might be a hint, but at this stage I think it's just a funny coincidence.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Beyoncé certainly as the voice but I also can't help but feel like she's a relatively uninteresting choice. Like someone else said, we came in with a bang for Craig's tenure and he's already had his "Bassey moment" with Adele so I was holding out hope for something a bit more rocking. That's not to say I hate the idea of Beyoncé doing it by any means.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    GadgetMan wrote: »

They appear to be a package deal these days. Sigh...

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    GadgetMan wrote: »

They appear to be a package deal these days. Sigh...

Hmmmmmm.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm fine with Beyonce, but don't want a duo singing the title song. Not Jay-Z or anybody else. Just my preference.
    Mi6 coming through with the bombshell. I like her a lot. Very excited to hear what she'll bring
    Wait is Billie legit?
    Her probably most famous song was featured right here...
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Name doesn’t ring a bell.

Not for me either. Hope she's a good fit for the theme song though.
    So ... Beyonce did hints to fake us out on purpose? ;)
    I don't know Billie's work, but if she can sing then sure give her a shot.
    Bond going with NOT the mega known singer is fine with me.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited January 2020 Posts: 524
    So ... Beyonce did hints to fake us out on purpose? ;)
    I don't know Billie's work, but if she can sing then sure give her a shot.
    Bond going with NOT the mega known singer is fine with me.

She’s very, very, very popular with teenagers (14 to 17), make no mistakes. This is Bond trying to get a different demographic into the films.

And I’m totally ready for it.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 12,459
    Yeah it's just odd the Beyonce hints were pretty strong, in my opinion.
    I do wonder if Beyonce faked her hints in cahoots with EON - ha! ;)

Anyway, here's this (no truly official word yet, I think; just this ...)
    Hmm

Ok, I can see that

She is currently very hot on the market and they may want to tap into the teenage demographic

She has a good voice, and there are many songs which sorta kinda have the slow Bond vibe

I think she can do a good job....as long as they add some life into the song cause I find the majority of her songs slow and boring.

But I am not too mad IF this is true, she has the voice and it might be a good marketing move

Of course, there are many better choices but..it wouldn't be the end of the world...my problem would be....would the song be good...i have no doubts she can deliver a voice for a bond theme

Also....smart thinking..imagine if they love her song? She is 18, they can always come back to her in the future

...but yeah, so far just a rumour, and this came out of nowhere
This discussion has been closed.