What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

Ryan wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    The more I listen to Liam Gallagher's latest solo album, the more I think he could do a cracking title song.
    Absolutely, his previous release, which came out only a couple of years ago, was also excellent.

The two songs you posted are two of my favourites. What a fantastic comeback he's had musically over the past couple of years. I'd add this from his latest album to what he could do with a Bond song:

Great song! Did you notice the Skyfall font used in the video...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    And what a beautiful video. Liam has a swagger that suits Craig’s Bond.
    A reunited Oasis for the title track would be epic.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So many of us are thinking the song is finished already? I would think so due to the time remaining. Very interesting there have been no solid leaks on this. Not at all from what I can tell.
    I absolutely think that it’s been done for some time. It will bee interesting to eventually know when it was actually recorded.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I don't imagine either of the Gallagher's has a cat in hell's chance of getting the theme ever.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,267
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I don't imagine either of the Gallagher's has a cat in hell's chance of getting the theme ever.

And what a shame that is. Either of them would be great.

Not for me personally I don't like them although even if I did that time has passed, like many bands/artists that have been touted, a lot of what many of us listen to may well sound suited but EON is all about what is hot at the moment.

It does though come as surprise that Mendes convinced BB & MGW to hand SPECTRE to Radiohead initially before their submission was rejected and passed to Sam Smith.

Though Radiohead causes a stir in the music community the Gallagher's now could only dream of.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,267

Not for me personally I don't like them although even if I did that time has passed, like many bands/artists that have been touted, a lot of what many of us listen to may well sound suited but EON is all about what is hot at the moment.

It does though come as surprise that Mendes convinced BB & MGW to hand SPECTRE to Radiohead initially before their submission was rejected and passed to Sam Smith.

Though Radiohead causes a stir in the music community the Gallagher's now could only dream of.

EON certainly looks to go for the "current" artists these days. They have in the past too of course (Duran Duran/A-ha etc.), with notable exceptions. Can't help but feeling a little indifferent or disappointed about some of the rumoured artists. Few of them really gets me excited unfortunately.

I'd be happy with Arctic Monkeys though.

EON certainly looks to go for the "current" artists these days. They have in the past too of course (Duran Duran/A-ha etc.), with notable exceptions. Can't help but feeling a little indifferent or disappointed about some of the rumoured artists. Few of them really gets me excited unfortunately.

AM would be a dream, Alex Turner would ace a Bond theme.

AM would be a dream, Alex Turner would ace a Bond theme.

Certainly! He has the swagger to carry a Bond theme.

Radiohead is a bore and doesn’t have a fraction of the swagger of either Gallagher. It’s baffling that their unremarkable song was considered for SP, but then again look at who they chose and the whining effort that resulted.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,918

EON certainly looks to go for the "current" artists these days. They have in the past too of course (Duran Duran/A-ha etc.), with notable exceptions.

And Matt Munro, Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Nancy Sinatra, Paul McCartney etc. The only times they haven't really gone for a 'current' artist have been the exceptions, really. Gladys Knight, Tina Turner, Louis Armstrong... those kind of guys were a bit more 'legend' status than the usual.

Radiohead is a bore and doesn’t have a fraction of the swagger of either Gallagher. It’s baffling that their unremarkable song was considered for SP, but then again look at who they chose and the whining effort that resulted.

Radiohead are utterly brilliant. That's not a controversial opinion! :)
  • RyanRyan Canada
    The more I listen to Liam Gallagher's latest solo album, the more I think he could do a cracking title song.
    Absolutely, his previous release, which came out only a couple of years ago, was also excellent.

The two songs you posted are two of my favourites. What a fantastic comeback he's had musically over the past couple of years. I'd add this from his latest album to what he could do with a Bond song:

Great song! Did you notice the Skyfall font used in the video...

I hadn't until you mentioned it. No wonder that song in particular felt extra Bond-ish. It must be my subconscious!
    Well I’m not going to argue Radiohead’s ; brilliance they very well may be but they’ve never done a thing for me.
  • Lana Del Rey.
    Lana Del Rey.

Lana would be a great choice; it just struck me that as much as I loathe WOTW , mainly because of Smith’s vocals, she could have done something special with it.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,436
    Duran Duran and Tina Turner have a time that there stil be fames, but Duran Duran already not be in Top 2000 for couple of years. Adele and Sam Smith are stil fames with there songs, Sam Smith even more.

It be nice if the new actor get Robbie Williams, very fames in the 90's like Tina Turner from the 70's did 90's Bond movie. Or Imagine Dragons have done Spectre (or NTTD). OneRepublic

Talking about Australia before: Sheppard.

Whyle i sugest Dutch group (Kensington, the Dutch Coldplay) and joking a bit with Duncan Laurence (what a night mare it have been if Anouk did QOS), the already earlier discussion about Caro Emerald (who is fames in the Uk), imagine those Dutch artists making one:
    Racoon (QOS, Skyfall or Spectre)

Krezip (Twine, QOS)

Dotan (QOS or Skyfall)

Sabrina Starke (NTTD) Des'ree / Nina Simone of style.

(2018)

Alain Clark

Tom Holkenborg. Alternate take like Moby did for Tomorrow Never Dies.

Or some writers from Doe Maar (Dutch A-HA or Duran Duran) wrote a Bond song.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 3,164
    There's some speculation going on that Beyonce may have nabbed it, based on a tease photo she posted from the Golden Globes this year, similar to what she did when her last album Lemonade dropped.

Additionally: her and Zimmer have worked together on last year's The Lion King remake, so if she gets it, it may bring back the closer collab between title song artist and composer.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    antovolk wrote: »
    There's some speculation going on that Beyonce may have nabbed it, based on a tease photo she posted from the Golden Globes this year, similar to what she did when her last album Lemonade dropped.

Well, she can certainly sing.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Additionally: her and Zimmer have worked together on last year's The Lion King remake, so if she gets it, it may bring back the closer collab between title song artist and composer.

This would be a very positive sign for me.
    For reference -

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh all right - Beyonce would be interesting. As long as it's a great song in itself, of course.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    She might as well cameo in the film too. It'll fit right in with Bond visiting Brofeld in prison. We can go full Goldmember.
    Beyonce?! Wow I am surprised. She is one of the better pop singers out there today so on paper I’m okay with the choice.
    They've got Zimmer for the score why not a big gun like Beyonce for the theme.

I'm not really a fan and I would have preferred it wasn't a ballad again but she can certainly sing and if it is a collaboration with Zimmer then more power to it.

When we consider that Sheeran or Dua Lipa were rumoured, I'll take Jay Z's other half over those 2 in a heartbeat.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 4,400
    The theme song was likely done a while back...there is a very small chance that it's only been worked on since Zimmer got invovled. That doesn't rule Beyonce out though...

Also, this is the post people are speculating on:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/terrycarter/beyonce-singing-bond-theme-martini-photo-clue

This is really just the Buzzfeed mob running amok. It's quite the stretch.....if you wanted real fuel on the fire, then remember Cary Fukunaga recently started following Billie Eilish and her songwriting brother. That seems more genuine a rumour than 'Beyonce had a martini at the Golden Globes.'

Beyonce would be PERFECT. She'd be a little obvious - but her singing a Bond theme seems like a dream. She'd want the gig so she can get her EGOT (the Lion King isn't going to win her an Oscar). Plus, there is the appeal for Eon to get probably the biggest star in the world in their movie and attending their premieres in April.

The marketing team would salivate at the prospect of getting Beyonce. Plus, she could be a Bond girl in her own right...

85c53a37832e43a5e01b48b68eaabe83.jpg

Though this rumour is nothing more than wishful thinking...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Moost Bond Daniel Craig era:

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    They've got Zimmer for the score why not a big gun like Beyonce for the theme.

I'm not really a fan and I would have preferred it wasn't a ballad again but she can certainly sing and if it is a collaboration with Zimmer then more power to it.

When we consider that Sheeran or Dua Lipa were rumoured, I'll take Jay Z's other half over those 2 in a heartbeat.

+1.
  • Beyoncé is an obvious fit as far as her suitability for Bond and her commercial draw. Is it a particularly creative choice? Probably not, but I think it’s be an overwhelmingly popular and safe one.
    Any update whose singing this?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Beyoncé is an obvious fit as far as her suitability for Bond and her commercial draw. Is it a particularly creative choice? Probably not, but I think it’s be an overwhelmingly popular and safe one.

Yep, I can get behind her. She’s not to my taste but she’s pretty right for the job. Massive star, incredible singer, icon to many, hugely respected.
This discussion has been closed.