What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

So AC/DC still haven't been confirmed :-(?
  • The frontrunner at the moment is Billie Eilish. It seems that Cary Fukunaga is a fan.....I fully expect her to sing the title tune.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,941
    Front runner according to whom, out of interest?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,441
    She going faster last 2 months with totaly now have got 5 singles in Dutch Top 40 with her last one ''Everything I Wanted'' going in 6th weak from 7 to 8, but Bad Guy not raised higher then number 9. In UK the song end on 3th place and America on 8.

When The Party's Over: 2018 - 4 Weaks - Number 26
    Bury A Friend: 3 weaks - Number 29
    Bad Guy: 2019 - 16 weaks - Number 9. So far her best performance in total weaks.
    All The Good Girls Go To Hell: 2019 - Not in the list.

When The Party's Over should get more credit. Mabey same can be said about ''Ocean Eyes'', but that one is from 2016.

Ocean Eyes Dance version

Her break out looks very late, but she is 18 for 11 days now and we wait almoost 4,5 years for new movie. But what if we get Bond 25 in 2018, possible there stil have ask her becaue Ocean's Eyes, Bellyache and When The Party's Over.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mtm wrote: »

Accordding to @Pierce2Daniel .
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

As usual.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Ah okay, thanks.

It’s quite fun that’s it’s still totally open. I can’t guess which way they’ll go, although I suppose it’s likely to be a big hit fairly current British artist, but then we did have Jack White and (very nearly) Radiohead so who knows.
  • Billie Eilish would fit the mold very well as far as what the producer are aiming for....a young demographic for appeal. Plus, she's got some songs people across all ages would be down to listen to. She'd be a good marketing move without compromising as much quality nor without being an obvious Shirley Bassey re-attempt (I'm looking at you, SF!).
  • Yes, her 'frontrunner' status is purely conjecture on my part. However, CJF started following her and her songwriter brother on Instagram this week. Billie Eilish was in London last week and we have heard that the title sequence and the song are done from another user here.

Plus as @dramaticscenesofQOS states Billie Eilish seems the right choice at this time. She has the ingredients:
    • Young, up and coming artist
    • Known for ballads
    • Had a hit album
    • Hasn't recorded a song for a film soundtrack as of yet, so she would be unique. Opposed to say Lana Del Rey who has recorded numerous songs for films

Don't be fooled by her 'angsty millennial' look, she's a talent:

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I’ve nothing against her. Her style doesn’t interest me at all but if they went for her I’d understand it.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,107
    Lady Gaga

Not a fan, but she can sing for sure. Just don't do the Madonna and make crap like Die Another Day.

Edit: By fan I mean, that i don't own her records and am not in her fan group, but I can admit the woman can sing. Especially, when she goes all jazzy with Tony Bennett.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Lady Gaga

Not a fan, but she can sing for sure. Just don't do the Madonna and make crap like Die Another Day.

Edit: By fan I mean, that i don't own her records and am not in her fan group, but I can admit the woman can sing. Especially, when she goes all jazzy with Tony Bennett.
    +1 She'd be fine. Specially considering some of the latest choices.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Lady Gaga

+1 She'd be fine. Specially considering some of the latest choices.

I'd be fine with Gaga. She's eccentric and strange, like a lot of musicians are. But she can belt out a bloody tune.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,965
    Lady Gaga would be a great choice; she could deliver something classic, but with an edge.

I was with my 22 year old daughter today and were listening to some Billie Eilish. My daughter is a Bond fan, when I said that there’s been chatter that Eilish may do the title track, her response was, “ that would be kind of creepy “. She said , maybe for the next one, when Bond is younger and she’s older. She’s pulling for Arctic Monkeys or Lana Del Rey, particularly Lana.
    In a perfect world the Craig era would of started and ended with both a Fleming title and a kick ass rock theme song sadly the Fleming title idea is out the window however it’s not too late for a kick ass rock tune so come on get Paul McCartney get Sting Get Yes or Geddy Lee hell I will take Muse or the Arctic monkeys at this point just a good rock song to end out the Craig era
  • I want the lyrics to mentions "after you, could there be anyone else?" or "after you, who will replace you?"

It would be a nice homage to CR's theme song in memory of Chris Cornell and a nice ding at Daniel Craig's era.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    edited January 2020 Posts: 140
    I have a problem with the producers' belief that someone who is "hip" and "relevant" is the way to go. Bond films should excel in every department, which means that legends shouldn't be excluded from having a potential chance. What would be wrong with a polish up of Boy George's song? Sam Smith was somewhat popular when he recorded 'Writing's on the Wall' and I guarantee that song did virtually nothing for his fanbase or the popularity of the film. I think someone like Sade or Seal should do the theme song. I'd even be curious to hear what Duran would come up with, now, if given the challenge.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,941
    Well Shirley Bassey was in her mid-twenties, Tom Jones was very hip and relevant, McCartney had only been around for ten years or so at when they used him... they’ve always used more current people than they have ‘legends’. Louis Armstrong was probably the first sort of ‘legend’ artist they used.
    Sting, Seal, Boy George... they don’t really have edge any more: I’d rather it wasn’t someone quite so MOR.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think if they want a Band who can capture the Danger elements of Craig's Bond in Sound & Lyrics, Depeche Mode might be the ideal choice.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    So we’re 3 months out and there haven’t been any real leaks here...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If it's true that Duffy is making a comeback this year, i'd like to add her to my list of possible artists for NTTD.
    If it's true that Duffy is making a comeback this year, i'd like to add her to my list of possible artists for NTTD.

I'd definitely be alright with Duffy singing the title song.
    It's a safe bet that it's been recorded for some time now.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 565
    OOWolf wrote: »
    I have a problem with the producers' belief that someone who is "hip" and "relevant" is the way to go. Bond films should excel in every department, which means that legends shouldn't be excluded from having a potential chance. What would be wrong with a polish up of Boy George's song? Sam Smith was somewhat popular when he recorded 'Writing's on the Wall' and I guarantee that song did virtually nothing for his fanbase or the popularity of the film. I think someone like Sade or Seal should do the theme song. I'd even be curious to hear what Duran would come up with, now, if given the challenge.
    Oh please dont tease me. Those two "S" names would be a dream!

I'd say Sade still has an "edge" about them. Right sound with a loyal, international fan base, and keeps their music fresh and current (when they do get around to writing music). Sade isn't the "quiet storm" for no reason.

Also, Billie Eilish belongs more in a coffee shop than on the titles of a spy film, IMHO. I like her, but I'm not seeing the fit that apparently everyone else does.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,441
    Kylie Minogue is not realy present one, in her 50's and Australia need it.

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/entertainment/artikel/4976176/kylie-minogue-doneert-tonnen-voor-schade-bosbranden-australie

Translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/entertainment/artikel/4976176/kylie-minogue-doneert-tonnen-voor-schade-bosbranden-australie

But if Bond 26 wil take place on Australia, then there asked her to soon. But there can always ask Newzealand singer. If choose for Australia, then i think the movie should only take place in those two locations, England and mabey VS.

There rejected Duffy back then in 2008 because there already know there whant Adele for Bond 23 and Amy Winehouse was no option any more. Duffy, Adele and Amy Winehouse all are 2008 artists and Adele won. Also Dutch Anouk be big hit in 2008 with her Dutch songs. Also on long base Adele proofs til somewhere in 2013. Stil Adele is fames on the radio and tv and she get a child and feels she needed a break. Her last CD be in 2012, Duffy last one in 2010 i believe. And last year finaly Lauren Daigle (who sound like Adele and her first cd be from 2014) get more fame in The Netherlands, her song ''You Say'' where i vote on for Top 2000 of last year (2019) end in the list. Billie Eilish also end in the list.

My mother have both cd's from Duffy (Bought first one for her) and all cd's from Amy Winehouse and 19 from Adele. I also bought that cd from Anouk (around the time of QOS),who i should not have bought and whas a bit to much for both of us. I have Compilation Music dvd with videoclips from Sade and my mother have 2 cd's from her with some of songs from that dvd. I never realy be big fan of Anouk exept some selected songs, but i like Billie Eilish more.

I haven't made of problem of it if there ask George Michael when Amy Winehouse was no option.

Always be my favorite of Duffy, also because of very much QOS style spot light. It is moost Bondish song from her.
    She always more uptempo then Adele.

Paloma Faith

and

Lady Linn

Of course there is also Lana Del Ray

• RyanRyan Canada
    The more I listen to Liam Gallagher's latest solo album, the more I think he could do a cracking title song.
    Ryan wrote: »
    The more I listen to Liam Gallagher's latest solo album, the more I think he could do a cracking title song.
    Absolutely, his previous release, which came out only a couple of years ago, was also excellent.

• What can be more Bond than "swing". Bond is well known for his loungey styles. My firts choice for that reason is Michael Buble: old school masculinity with a bit of style.

If Buble is unavailable or out of Eon's price range, I have a suggestion... David Campbell.

Accomplished lounge singer and son of Jimmy Barnes. These albums have gone platinum and the man is a real upcoming talent to keep an eye on. And gentlemen? Look at the image below. It just oozes James Bond cool.

Swing_Sessions.jpg
    talos7 wrote: »
    Absolutely, his previous release, which came out only a couple of years ago, was also excellent.

I'm up for either Gallagher doing the song. Noel would probably give us something LALD McCartney-ish, whereas Liam would be more rock, Chris Cornell style.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    talos7 wrote: »

The two songs you posted are two of my favourites. What a fantastic comeback he's had musically over the past couple of years. I'd add this from his latest album to what he could do with a Bond song:

This discussion has been closed.