Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

Does anybody else get the same buzz out of the MI theme and titles they do as the Bond gunbarrel? I know I do.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Does anybody else get the same buzz out of the MI theme and titles they do as the Bond gunbarrel? I know I do.

I certainly do. The theme is a jolt to the heart. Instantly gets your blood pumping.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's a superb theme and it makes doing the movies worthwhile in itself (and I'm afraid I do regard the movies as being the best version of M:I! I always found the telly show a bit boring).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Tom Cruise related news: 2nd trailer for Top Gun: Maverick arriving very soon.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Neil Corbould, the special effects supervisor on Mission Impossible: Fallout, will return for Mission Impossible 7 & Mission Impossible 8. He also worked on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Morbius, The Martian, Gravity, Alien: Covenant, and Terminator: Dark Fate.

https://hnentertainment.co/mission-impossible-fallout-special-effects-supervisor-neil-corbould-returning-for-mission-impossible-7-mission-impossible-8/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Neil Corbould, the special effects supervisor on Mission Impossible: Fallout, will return for Mission Impossible 7 & Mission Impossible 8. He also worked on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Morbius, The Martian, Gravity, Alien: Covenant, and Terminator: Dark Fate.

https://hnentertainment.co/mission-impossible-fallout-special-effects-supervisor-neil-corbould-returning-for-mission-impossible-7-mission-impossible-8/

A skillful man. Any relation to Chris?

A skillful man. Any relation to Chris?

They are brothers. So is Paul Corbould, who worked on Dunkirk, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Children of Men, 1408, V For Vendetta and Captain America: The First Avenger.

Talent seems to run in the family.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Didn't knew where else to post this because this seems to be the only thread related to tom cruise. Top Gun 2 second trailer have been released. Looks fantastic imo.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Tom's magic with sequels seems to be giving us films that nobody even knew they wanted and yet making everybody so excited about it. Doing a sequel to Top Gun thirty something years later seems so unnecessary and yet it looks incredible. The guy definitely cares about his projects.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That does look a lot of fun.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2019 Posts: 40,473
    Shea Whigham (one of my favorite character actors) has joined Mission: Impossible 7 and Mission: Impossible 8:

https://collider.com/mission-impossible-7-cast-shea-whigham/
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,443
    Having a bit of Tom Cruise looks, will he play his father. Imagine Ethan dies and his father take control back.

Tom Cruise possible quite after Mission Impossible 8.
    Mabey there should consider Mission: Impossible - The Fallout ;) as title.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Having a bit of Tom Cruise looks, will he play his father. Imagine Ethan dies and his father take control back.

Tom Cruise possible quite after Mission Impossible 8.
    Mabey there should consider Mission: Impossible - The Fallout ;) as title.

No offense to Shea Whigham, but he is 7 years younger than Tom Cruise. ;-)
    I was going to do this with the Flatliners series but I wound up not doing it but I think I really am going to do a top gun retrospective with my wife this up coming year

Of course with her not working weekends I genuinely wonder how many films I will get to in 2020 I am also wondering if I should really watch Sucide Squad or Justice league as Batman is barely in both films... hmmm

Back on topic Top Gun 2 is definitely in my top 10 films I am excited about in 2020

1. No time to die
    2. Ghostbusters: afterlife
    3. Top gun 2 maverick
    4. Black widow
    5. Wonder Woman 1984
    6. Godzilla vs King Kong
    7. Tenet
    8. Bill and Ted 3
    9. Morbious (is that really coming out next year)
    10. Halloween kills
    Not that it ever means anything in movies or TV where nobody stays dead, but it was implied in the first film that Hunt's parents were dead and they were trying to squeeze his aunt and uncle financially to bring Hunt out of hiding.

I would hope MI wouldn't resort to that cliché where a dead family member comes back. They've already done the this this time it's personal thing with Julia and it's a staple of every modern Bond movie. My guess is there's another traitor in the department. No spoilers there as it's a staple of this series.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    At the first meeting for story development of the next Bond and MI films, it may be good to post two mandates, “NO PERSONAL ISSUES “, “NO TRAITORS” 😏
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Not that it ever means anything in movies or TV where nobody stays dead, but it was implied in the first film that Hunt's parents were dead and they were trying to squeeze his aunt and uncle financially to bring Hunt out of hiding.

I would hope MI wouldn't resort to that cliché where a dead family member comes back. They've already done the this this time it's personal thing with Julia and it's a staple of every modern Bond movie. My guess is there's another traitor in the department. No spoilers there as it's a staple of this series.

Just his dad was dead, they even mention his mum being dragged to the county four house and getting special treatment afterwards.
    talos7 wrote: »
    At the first meeting for story development of the next Bond and MI films, it may be good to post two mandates, “NO PERSONAL ISSUES “, “NO TRAITORS” 😏

No it's only Bond films that get in trouble for that. Ethan Hunt could do some horrible CGI surfing and get rave reviews for it.
    M_Blaise wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

No it's only Bond films that get in trouble for that. Ethan Hunt could do some horrible CGI surfing and get rave reviews for it.

That would never happen, Tom would actually master surfing and do it for real. 😉

Nicholas Hoult joins the cast of Mission Impossible 7 (and maybe 8?)

I never thought he could be bond until this pic... DAM Cruise got to him first
    Months ago I suggested that Hoult could be a potential Bond. He’s grown into his looks, is tall, has a good voice, is a solid actor and will be a perfect age when needed for Bond 26.
  • Aside from Pom Kleminoff, I can't help but feel rather bored and uninspired by this cast. But I guess we don't see these films for the supporting cast but to see Tom Cruise dangle from things.

Maybe this will be the film that pushes Hoult to the top of the queue to be the next Bond. He does have potential and got close to being the new Batman...

EN3UFGwX4AAQZjm?format=jpg&name=medium
    The MI franchise has a good insight in actors and actresses that can be used, they keep proving it.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 4,600
    Hoult is a class act IMHO and will bring class to MI - great choice. He's more than solid , just needs a decent script. Sorry to stir things up but the team needs a new leader after Cruise says goodbye. They could do worse IMHO (I've read he was pretty hands on with the stunt work in Fury Road)
  • Is Sean Harris coming back? I have a fear they may be giving us too many characters. I am not as excited for these next two films as I was for Fallout.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Is Sean Harris coming back? I have a fear they may be giving us too many characters. I am not as excited for these next two films as I was for Fallout.

I have a feeling Sean Harris might be done.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Yeah I'm sure EON are kicking themselves.

Who say's he'll survive? One way or another, he may only be cast for one film.

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

They better should be double-kicking themselves, because M:I got Hailey Atwell too. (Who had been on my list as a perfect Bond girl, genre Fields)
    But Bond did get Léa Seydoux after her passage in Ghost Protocol, so being in one franchise doesn’t exclude being in the other.