NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

17879818384147

Comments

  • edited December 2019 Posts: 677
    Fanwankery. Haha now that's a new word. :))
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Posts: 43
    @Gatecrasher it's incredibly hard to work out any type of plot to this film. Very different times to when we read the whole plot of Spectre before seeing it.
  • Posts: 1,629
    I’m only speculating, but if the Norway ice lake that’s featured in the trailer happens to be a flashback... And if the little girl also happens to be young Madeleine, then perhaps it’s both Safin *and* Blofeld that show up at White’s lodge. I’m thinking of that scene in Spectre where Blofeld tells Madeleine that she was just a little girl when he saw her last. Perhaps Safin was once Blofeld’s underling but something goes wrong during their attack on White’s house, with Madeleine having to defend herself against Blofeld/Safin, thus setting up Safin’s vendetta in NTTD....?

    Apparently the other intruder was killed. I know what you mean both Madeline and Blofeld tell the same type of story except Madeline claims not to remember Blofelds visit or account of it.

    I’m starting to doubt again that it’s a young Madeline in a flashback. Mr white and mrs white are nowhere to be seen. Surely mr white would try to retrieve his daughter off the ice and shoot safin.

    Here’s what I think,

    Madeline knows and is the first to call Spectre what it is in Austria. She knows what the organization is called before bond and Q. She would know the whole Spectre gang including safin.



    I think safin is at the cabin to retrieve his child he had with Madeline, either willingly or by some genetic experiment, and successfully does so. This is a pretty big secret she has a child. What other secret could there be? Safin came to the house once with Blofeld to chat with mr white? Can’t be that simple.

    Safin uses the child to get Madeline to betray bond. Safin keeps the child for the next five years , in that time Madeline desperately searches for her daughter and assists mi6 when the kidnapped scientist connected to safin brings bond back into the fold.

    This also explains why madeline is in Norway at the end.

    If I had to guess bond and swann just become a family with the child. No marriage just together at the end.

  • The_Bleeding_HeartThe_Bleeding_Heart Oakland, CA
    Posts: 32
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m only speculating, but if the Norway ice lake that’s featured in the trailer happens to be a flashback... And if the little girl also happens to be young Madeleine, then perhaps it’s both Safin *and* Blofeld that show up at White’s lodge. I’m thinking of that scene in Spectre where Blofeld tells Madeleine that she was just a little girl when he saw her last. Perhaps Safin was once Blofeld’s underling but something goes wrong during their attack on White’s house, with Madeleine having to defend herself against Blofeld/Safin, thus setting up Safin’s vendetta in NTTD....?

    Apparently the other intruder was killed. I know what you mean both Madeline and Blofeld tell the same type of story except Madeline claims not to remember Blofelds visit or account of it.

    I’m starting to doubt again that it’s a young Madeline in a flashback. Mr white and mrs white are nowhere to be seen. Surely mr white would try to retrieve his daughter off the ice and shoot safin.

    Here’s what I think,

    Madeline knows and is the first to call Spectre what it is in Austria. She knows what the organization is called before bond and Q. She would know the whole Spectre gang including safin.



    I think safin is at the cabin to retrieve his child he had with Madeline, either willingly or by some genetic experiment, and successfully does so. This is a pretty big secret she has a child. What other secret could there be? Safin came to the house once with Blofeld to chat with mr white? Can’t be that simple.

    Safin uses the child to get Madeline to betray bond. Safin keeps the child for the next five years , in that time Madeline desperately searches for her daughter and assists mi6 when the kidnapped scientist connected to safin brings bond back into the fold.

    This also explains why madeline is in Norway at the end.

    If I had to guess bond and swann just become a family with the child. No marriage just together at the end.

    Woah, that's heavy stuff, but would make a lot of sense. The secret, being Madeleine had a child whom Bond knew nothing about. If that's the case, though, I'm still kind of weary of there being a kid involved in this plot...

    However, I am beginning to think there are remnants of both SPECTRE *and* Safin's organization (I'm imagining Blofeld and Safin are rivals) that are after both Bond and Madeleine, with both camps vying to tie up loose ends by killing them both for their own reasons.
  • The_Bleeding_HeartThe_Bleeding_Heart Oakland, CA
    Posts: 32
    silva13 wrote: »
    @Gatecrasher it's incredibly hard to work out any type of plot to this film. Very different times to when we read the whole plot of Spectre before seeing it.

    That's true. It almost makes me want to rewatch all of Craig's Bond films to see where NTTD's plot fits in all this.
  • Posts: 1,629
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m only speculating, but if the Norway ice lake that’s featured in the trailer happens to be a flashback... And if the little girl also happens to be young Madeleine, then perhaps it’s both Safin *and* Blofeld that show up at White’s lodge. I’m thinking of that scene in Spectre where Blofeld tells Madeleine that she was just a little girl when he saw her last. Perhaps Safin was once Blofeld’s underling but something goes wrong during their attack on White’s house, with Madeleine having to defend herself against Blofeld/Safin, thus setting up Safin’s vendetta in NTTD....?

    Apparently the other intruder was killed. I know what you mean both Madeline and Blofeld tell the same type of story except Madeline claims not to remember Blofelds visit or account of it.

    I’m starting to doubt again that it’s a young Madeline in a flashback. Mr white and mrs white are nowhere to be seen. Surely mr white would try to retrieve his daughter off the ice and shoot safin.

    Here’s what I think,

    Madeline knows and is the first to call Spectre what it is in Austria. She knows what the organization is called before bond and Q. She would know the whole Spectre gang including safin.



    I think safin is at the cabin to retrieve his child he had with Madeline, either willingly or by some genetic experiment, and successfully does so. This is a pretty big secret she has a child. What other secret could there be? Safin came to the house once with Blofeld to chat with mr white? Can’t be that simple.

    Safin uses the child to get Madeline to betray bond. Safin keeps the child for the next five years , in that time Madeline desperately searches for her daughter and assists mi6 when the kidnapped scientist connected to safin brings bond back into the fold.

    This also explains why madeline is in Norway at the end.

    If I had to guess bond and swann just become a family with the child. No marriage just together at the end.

    Woah, that's heavy stuff, but would make a lot of sense. The secret, being Madeleine had a child whom Bond knew nothing about. If that's the case, though, I'm still kind of weary of there being a kid involved in this plot...

    However, I am beginning to think there are remnants of both SPECTRE *and* Safin's organization (I'm imagining Blofeld and Safin are rivals) that are after both Bond and Madeleine, with both camps vying to tie up loose ends by killing them both for their own reasons.

    Certainly possible.
  • The_Bleeding_HeartThe_Bleeding_Heart Oakland, CA
    Posts: 32
    Rewatching the trailer again (several times now) and just now realized the JB Theme guitar riff in the first few seconds! Did anyone else notice that?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 2,630
    Rewatching the trailer again (several times now) and just now realized the JB Theme guitar riff in the first few seconds! Did anyone else notice that?
    Hell yeah! One of my favourite parts :)
  • The_Bleeding_HeartThe_Bleeding_Heart Oakland, CA
    Posts: 32
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Rewatching the trailer again (several times now) and just now realized the JB Theme guitar riff in the first few seconds! Did anyone else notice that?
    Hell yeah! One of my favourite parts :)

    Right? It was awesome! If that's Romer's work, then kudos to the guy. In fact, the music featured in the trailer overall was great.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,915
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m only speculating, but if the Norway ice lake that’s featured in the trailer happens to be a flashback... And if the little girl also happens to be young Madeleine, then perhaps it’s both Safin *and* Blofeld that show up at White’s lodge. I’m thinking of that scene in Spectre where Blofeld tells Madeleine that she was just a little girl when he saw her last. Perhaps Safin was once Blofeld’s underling but something goes wrong during their attack on White’s house, with Madeleine having to defend herself against Blofeld/Safin, thus setting up Safin’s vendetta in NTTD....?

    Apparently the other intruder was killed. I know what you mean both Madeline and Blofeld tell the same type of story except Madeline claims not to remember Blofelds visit or account of it.

    I’m starting to doubt again that it’s a young Madeline in a flashback. Mr white and mrs white are nowhere to be seen. Surely mr white would try to retrieve his daughter off the ice and shoot safin.

    Here’s what I think,

    Madeline knows and is the first to call Spectre what it is in Austria. She knows what the organization is called before bond and Q. She would know the whole Spectre gang including safin.



    I think safin is at the cabin to retrieve his child he had with Madeline, either willingly or by some genetic experiment, and successfully does so. This is a pretty big secret she has a child. What other secret could there be? Safin came to the house once with Blofeld to chat with mr white? Can’t be that simple.

    Safin uses the child to get Madeline to betray bond. Safin keeps the child for the next five years , in that time Madeline desperately searches for her daughter and assists mi6 when the kidnapped scientist connected to safin brings bond back into the fold.

    This also explains why madeline is in Norway at the end.

    If I had to guess bond and swann just become a family with the child. No marriage just together at the end.

    Woah, that's heavy stuff, but would make a lot of sense. The secret, being Madeleine had a child whom Bond knew nothing about. If that's the case, though, I'm still kind of weary of there being a kid involved in this plot...

    However, I am beginning to think there are remnants of both SPECTRE *and* Safin's organization (I'm imagining Blofeld and Safin are rivals) that are after both Bond and Madeleine, with both camps vying to tie up loose ends by killing them both for their own reasons.

    Maybe the child is lynch's character. Then again that wouldn't make sense.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    The Bond films have all had some element of science fiction in them, just some more outlandish.

    I agree....Bond have always had some Sci-Fi elements.
    I would agree with having elements a few years in the future, but definitely not sci-fi. It's one thing to have an outlandish plot and another to have one present a technology that only exists in theory.

    Things like an invisible car - if done right - are okay with me. It's a stretch on an existing technology. That said...the fact that in DAD, Bond was a few feet from the car and didn't see it is too unrealistic compared to the actual technology. Not to mention how the moving parts somehow get camouflaged like the tires. Remove one or the other falseisms and I'd pass it as near-future acceptable.

    Compare that with gene therepy where Mr. Moon turns into a completely different person. That's total unforgivable sci-fi BS. The fact that the plot is centered around it makes me sick just thinking about it.

    That is why I have concerns with cloning. I don't have an issue with it necessarily, as long as it is kept within a reasonable proximity of reality.

    Cloning humans? Fine. But if the clones are somehow supposed to share the same memories/experiences as if they're the same person, that's BS. Same thing with the anti-aging comments on here. Cloning doesn't translate to anti-aging. You can have the same looking person with the same traits grown in different periods of time, sure ok. But they're not the same person.

    Given recent past treatment of futuristic things, I just don't trust that they'll keep it reasonable.
  • belleswannbelleswann britain
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3
    Wasn't the child pictured with Madeleine and Nomi about 3 or 4 years old while the girl at the lake is about 12
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,442
    belleswann wrote: »
    Wasn't the child pictured with Madeleine and Nomi about 3 or 4 years old while the girl at the lake is about 12

    True. Not the same child.
    JamesStock wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    The Bond films have all had some element of science fiction in them, just some more outlandish.

    I agree....Bond have always had some Sci-Fi elements.
    I would agree with having elements a few years in the future, but definitely not sci-fi. It's one thing to have an outlandish plot and another to have one present a technology that only exists in theory.

    Things like an invisible car - if done right - are okay with me. It's a stretch on an existing technology. That said...the fact that in DAD, Bond was a few feet from the car and didn't see it is too unrealistic compared to the actual technology. Not to mention how the moving parts somehow get camouflaged like the tires. Remove one or the other falseisms and I'd pass it as near-future acceptable.

    Compare that with gene therepy where Mr. Moon turns into a completely different person. That's total unforgivable sci-fi BS. The fact that the plot is centered around it makes me sick just thinking about it.

    That is why I have concerns with cloning. I don't have an issue with it necessarily, as long as it is kept within a reasonable proximity of reality.

    Cloning humans? Fine. But if the clones are somehow supposed to share the same memories/experiences as if they're the same person, that's BS. Same thing with the anti-aging comments on here. Cloning doesn't translate to anti-aging. You can have the same looking person with the same traits grown in different periods of time, sure ok. But they're not the same person.

    Given recent past treatment of futuristic things, I just don't trust that they'll keep it reasonable.

    @JamesStock : Here are some thoughts I had way back when this "cloning" stuff first came up over the summer:

    1. In and of itself, cloning is no longer sci-fi. This is real and it is happening. The problem is that people see "cloning" as replicating humans, as though they go through a machine and turn into two (Nolan's The Prestige, come to mind). Instead, from a purely evil POV, cloning turns into a black market: of limbs, of organs. It may also be the cloning of children we may have lost. Think in terms of a black market of dna that parents pay to be stored "just in case." The possibilities (for misuse) are huge.* This is why the scientific community is struggling to figure out the ethics of all this. If you have a character like Safin, who doesn't care about ethics, then there's a serious threat.

    2. Cloning is closely linked to genetic warfare and genetic testing, and this could also be what Safin is up to. The technology is there to genetically alter crops, and with that ability (on a large scale) someone could do a lot of damage to the world economy. Big time. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/16/frankenbees-genetically-modified-pollinators-danger-of-building-a-better-bee

    There has been a lot of discussion about algae farming as well, and this could be coupled with the genetic warfare. If we are dealing with algae, however, we may also be dealing with guano mining (and then we're back to Dr. No.)

    @Tuck91: Madeleine having a daughter makes a lot of sense, BUT...as @Contraband has reported, the stunt double for that young girl has admitted that this is "young Madeleine." Furthermore, if there is a daughter, she'd have a pretty beefy role, especially at the end. And as far as we know: the young actress in that rainbow coat has not been seen anywhere else, not on set, not on location, not in credits, nowhere. That's a pretty clear indication that her role in the film is limited to that scene shot last spring, on the lake.

    * If we really want to twist the knife, imagine a plot in which Madeleine was actually killed years ago, when cloning was in its infancy. Mr. White hires Safin to create a second Madeleine in a test tube, and that's the one we have. Then imagine that White had her "death" restaged, at the same age, but in this case she is saved...some sort of sick redemption for White. Highly unlikely. Highly undesirable as a Bond plot. But certainly dastardly and deeply disturbing. This would be more X-Files than Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 5,021
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,074
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,021
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

  • Posts: 89
    peter wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    @ColonelSun , @peter

    I'd be curious to know your thoughts on the "Flashback" scene, Safin's mask and facial disfigurements, etc. if you have any interest in kindly sharing.

    This trailer gave us so much to chew on I feel like I have no clue where this could all lead.

    I suspect, just suspect, the Norway Ice Lake scene opens the film, but it is simply set in the past like the GE pre-title was set in the past, so it is not a flashback in that sense. Later in the film, we will connect the past to the present. And then we will understand the true significance/meaning of that opening scene.

    Hi @ertert, this trailer still has my head spinning. During the Norway sequence Safin's face is quite scarred, more so than when he confronts Bond presumably later in the film... Has he been poisoned? Was it White who poisoned him? Does White have an antidote? Does this antidote temporarily save him? Does it lead to something more?...

    Right now I'm loving the mystery.

    This film feels dense and epic, and I am, quite honestly, lost in where it will lead us.

    Thanks @peter great to hear from you. You were a calming presence around here when the mood was far more tense with the hectic start to the production, everybody wondering if the script was in trouble and the release date being pushed back. How far we've come since then.

    I agree that they did an excellent job of showing a decent amount in the trailer but still leaving such a mystery. At first I was shocked at how much they showed but now it seems it's only leading to more and more mystery. Exciting times ahead.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    belleswann wrote: »
    Wasn't the child pictured with Madeleine and Nomi about 3 or 4 years old while the girl at the lake is about 12

    True. Not the same child.
    JamesStock wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    The Bond films have all had some element of science fiction in them, just some more outlandish.

    I agree....Bond have always had some Sci-Fi elements.
    I would agree with having elements a few years in the future, but definitely not sci-fi. It's one thing to have an outlandish plot and another to have one present a technology that only exists in theory.

    Things like an invisible car - if done right - are okay with me. It's a stretch on an existing technology. That said...the fact that in DAD, Bond was a few feet from the car and didn't see it is too unrealistic compared to the actual technology. Not to mention how the moving parts somehow get camouflaged like the tires. Remove one or the other falseisms and I'd pass it as near-future acceptable.

    Compare that with gene therepy where Mr. Moon turns into a completely different person. That's total unforgivable sci-fi BS. The fact that the plot is centered around it makes me sick just thinking about it.

    That is why I have concerns with cloning. I don't have an issue with it necessarily, as long as it is kept within a reasonable proximity of reality.

    Cloning humans? Fine. But if the clones are somehow supposed to share the same memories/experiences as if they're the same person, that's BS. Same thing with the anti-aging comments on here. Cloning doesn't translate to anti-aging. You can have the same looking person with the same traits grown in different periods of time, sure ok. But they're not the same person.

    Given recent past treatment of futuristic things, I just don't trust that they'll keep it reasonable.

    @JamesStock : Here are some thoughts I had way back when this "cloning" stuff first came up over the summer:

    1. In and of itself, cloning is no longer sci-fi. This is real and it is happening. The problem is that people see "cloning" as replicating humans, as though they go through a machine and turn into two (Nolan's The Prestige, come to mind). Instead, from a purely evil POV, cloning turns into a black market: of limbs, of organs. It may also be the cloning of children we may have lost. Think in terms of a black market of dna that parents pay to be stored "just in case." The possibilities (for misuse) are huge. This is why the scientific community is struggling to figure out the ethics of all this. If you have a character like Safin, who doesn't care about ethics, then there's a serious threat.

    2. Cloning is closely linked to genetic warfare and genetic testing, and this could also be what Safin is up to. The technology is there to genetically alter crops, and with that ability (on a large scale) someone could do a lot of damage to the world economy. Big time. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/16/frankenbees-genetically-modified-pollinators-danger-of-building-a-better-bee

    There has been a lot of discussion about algae farming as well, and this could be coupled with the genetic warfare. If we are dealing with algae, however, we may also be dealing with guano mining (and then we're back to Dr. No.)
    I agree, those would be ways that it would work. It's the machine duplication belief some have that scares me because that couldnt be farther from reality. Good post though!

  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 3,442
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

    Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer
  • TripAces wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

    Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

    The other translations of the trailer all say “you”
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 5,021
    TripAces wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

    Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

    Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .
    , even when I tried to hear , “you”

  • Safin is definitely from Russia. Ethnic Tatars are Russia's second largest ethnicity, but it shouldn't have too much importance to the story other than that Russian baddies are always in vogue. Malek is a unique-looking fella, but can pass off better as a Safin than a Pavlov or Ivanov or Shatterhand.

    Speaking of Shatterhand, I have a feeling there will be significant reference to YOLT the novel in NTTD. Fukunaga's touch may be the driver here, and maybe Craig wanted a Flemingian send off for his era.

    I also wonder if there's some Soviet-era backstory to who Safin or his parents are... maybe they were scientists working on some top secret bio/chemical technology. Perhaps after the fall of the USSR, that technology continued to be worked on in private hands. And how does David Dencik's Waldo fit into this Safin-Madeleine-Bond quagmire?

    I gotta say, I've never been intrigued by a trailer this much!! And I'm loving the positive vibes from the press the cast has been doing, especially Lynch.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,645
    talos7 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

    Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

    Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .
    , even when I tried to hear , “you”

    It's definitely 'the death of him'... and I'm sure they're referring to Bond.
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.

    He definitely doesn't say 'it'll be the death of you', he says 'it'll be the death of him', and I believe he's talking to Madeleine about Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,021
    talos7 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

    Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

    Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .
    , even when I tried to hear , “you”

    It's definitely 'the death of him'... and I'm sure they're referring to Bond.
    Not if he’s speaking to Bond; in which case he’s describing someone else.

    Also , the trailer may have been, in part , designed to confuse, so dialogue may be out of context.
    I
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,645
    talos7 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

    Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

    Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .
    , even when I tried to hear , “you”

    It's definitely 'the death of him'... and I'm sure they're referring to Bond.
    Not if he’s speaking to Bond.

    He isn't.

    "When our secret finds it's way out... it'll be the death of him." while Madeleine is looking at the mask, crying?

    Just because the trailer only shows Blofeld talking to Bond, doesn't mean Blofeld only talks to Bond in the film.

    Blofeld is talking to Madeleine.
    talos7 wrote: »
    the trailer may have been, in part , designed to confuse, so dialogue may be out of context.

    I'll give you this, I think this is 100% true.

  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 5,021
    Very well could be, but her looking at the mask could be an entirely different scene.
    I’m telling you, they’re messing with us with this trailer; there is some misdirection going on,
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 1,645
    talos7 wrote: »
    Very well could be, but her looking at the mask could be an entirely different scene.
    I’m telling you, they’re messing with us with this trailer; there is some misdirection going on,

    I'll bet all my money that "it'll be the death of him" is referring to Bond.

    Talos, you could be looking at a winfall of $1.47 if you take me up!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 5,021
    Lol, so tempting.
    When she looks at the mask there’s a large window behind her, that’s not the prison.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,645
    talos7 wrote: »
    Lol, so tempting.
    When she looks at the mask there’s a large window behind her, that’s not the prison.

    When she looks at the mask, I don't think she's in the prison, I think there's some editing happening, but I'm just saying the trailer is communicating to us that Blofeld is talking to Madeleine about how their secret (relating to the mask) will be the death of Bond.

    We'll talk on April 3rd after everyone's seen the film and it'll all make sense.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Posts: 4,328
    NicNac wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    The Italian dubbing definitely says "you" not "him". Sorry to break it to you

    I can only hear 'him'

    it sounds like "him".. but he is in fact saying "you"
Sign In or Register to comment.