NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Getafix wrote: »
    Has anyone explained why the teaser was delayed from August?

Could it be because of positive buzz around Knives Out and wanting to coincide the teaser with its release?

Not necessarily. We haven't had any official confirmation, but several usually reliable sources, including the MI6-HQ twitter, have suggested Universal decided to rework the teaser in order to include the stunts shot at Matera; which were being filmed concurrently.

• edited December 2019 Posts: 309
    Burgess wrote: »
    The NTTD announcement teaser hit 1M views on YouTube. Right now, it’s #29 on trending. Not bad for 14 seconds.
    Maybe I’m partial but I think the NTTD announcement teaser was more thrilling than the Black Widow trailer. We'll be able to compare apples to apples on Wednesday--can't wait.

There isn't any comparison for me. Both are different genre and black widow is Marvels film.

While BW is a comic book character, this solo outing seems stylized and marketed as an action/espionage thriller.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/black-widow-trailer-mcu-spy-movie-scarlett-johansson/

It certainly looks more like Mission Impossible than James Bond but they’re not completely different genres.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The NTTD announcement teaser hit 1M views on YouTube. Right now, it’s #29 on trending. Not bad for 14 seconds.
    Maybe I’m partial but I think the NTTD announcement teaser was more thrilling than the Black Widow trailer. We'll be able to compare apples to apples on Wednesday--can't wait.

There isn't any comparison for me. Both are different genre and black widow is Marvels film.

I fail to see the comparison either.

• edited December 2019 Posts: 309
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Fair enough. But I’ll bet there will be plenty of “spy v spy” articles next Spring.

JamesCraig wrote: »

Fair enough. But I’ll bet there will be plenty of “spy v spy” articles next Spring.

I don't think so in this case...
    So how sure are we that character posters are coming today. Seemed like that came from some random website and I can't find info about anywhere else.

I would've thought the character posters would be with the final trailer which I expect in February.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited December 2019 Posts: 858
    ertert wrote: »
    So how sure are we that character posters are coming today. Seemed like that came from some random website and I can't find info about anywhere else.

I would've thought the character posters would be with the final trailer which I expect in February.

I've had Universal people tell me there'll be quite a few emails coming to me this week reg. promotional material, no exact date though. Indeed it seems to be just the one site claiming today specifically...

[EDIT] People claiming 1PM GMT, so in about 20 minutes we'll know the truth...
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    1:30pm GMT is more likely now
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,164

Dark Horizons is one of the oldest film blogs out there. And at least one other site backed it up too - both are peeps I trust. It's happening - was evidently in the email sent out to press with the trailer announce. 1:30pm GMT.
    antovolk wrote: »

Dark Horizons is one of the oldest film blogs out there. And at least one other site backed it up too - both are peeps I trust. It's happening - was evidently in the email sent out to press with the trailer announce. 1:30pm GMT.

Fair enough. I should have been more open-minded and not knocked the website just because I personally had never heard of it. BTW @antovolk thank you so much for providing these scoops over the last few months. Definitely kept my excitement levels high.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

I've got the confirmation from Universal Pictures. It's about to be revealed.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,586
    They better show Malek's character at this point. Up until now there's nothing to get excited about for the villain (other than Malek himself which for me personally isn't much).
  • A Q one but not a Moneypenny one?
    Much, much better than SP's posters.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Very reminiscent of the Quantum of Solace character posters.

Otherwise looking good.

Ana de Armed (and very dangerous) 😍😍
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The Malek poster makes it seem like he’s been aged.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think it's the scarring he's meant to have on his face.
    Looks like there's scars on his face.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Can't wait for textless versions :D :D
    They better show Malek's character at this point. Up until now there's nothing to get excited about for the villain (other than Malek himself which for me personally isn't much).

Well, that's what they (finally) did, no? :|
  • The Malek poster makes it seem like he’s been aged.

Maybe there's some truth the flashback scene ...
    @antovolk Any ideas as to why the IMAX logo hasn't been present on any marketing material?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    They're a nice combination of the QoS and Spectre posters.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Love Craig's attire on that poster.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    These are great!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    This is shaping up to be the best Bond film since Spectre
  • ThunderballsThunderballs Brighton, UK
    The cast are looking great! Love Craig's outfit - he's certainly dressed for Norway rather than Jamaica.