Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Keep in mind this film is mainly aiming for large audiences, and not a lot of actually bothered with CLONE WARS, so for them and those like me who never ventured beyond the films the concept of stormtroopers with jet packs is a novelty.
    Still, the delivery in that trailer alone already makes me want to avoid that film.

+1
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    @Walecs what exactly did you mean with that gatekeeping remark?
    "Gatekeeping is when someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community"

You said that you're not a SW fan if you don't rejoice at that video you shared.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 373
    Walecs wrote: »
    "Gatekeeping is when someone takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community"

You said that you're not a SW fan if you don't rejoice at that video you shared.

@Walecs

Didn't think it was possible that I might have been joking, no?
    BondStu wrote: »

@Walecs

So was I
    BondStu wrote: »

@Walecs

So was I

Ah, in that case please forgive me.
    It's alright, bud! ;)
    I am quite looking forward to seeing how the story ends?!!!! :-? :-bd
    Meh, more interested in The Mandalorian than this. Sometimes one can smell how badly it will stink from afar. Still going to see it with a slight glimmer of hope, though.
  • I'm excited for it. I also loved TFA, it was a fun SW film compared to TLJ, the anti-fun film. With JJ at the wheel, with more experience I think we will have an enjoyable movie this time out for all audiences. At the very least I hope it isn't divisive. It's been nice having The Mandalorian unite the fan base more after a rough couple years.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Rise of Skywalker is tracking towards an opening domestic weekend of $175 million to $200 million.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Tracking for the Lowest Opening of the Sequel Trilogy, at Least for Now
    https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-tracking/
    I'm excited for it. I also loved TFA, it was a fun SW film compared to TLJ, the anti-fun film. With JJ at the wheel, with more experience I think we will have an enjoyable movie this time out for all audiences. At the very least I hope it isn't divisive. It's been nice having The Mandalorian unite the fan base more after a rough couple years.

To each their own, of course. I honestly don't see how TLJ was anti-fun. I found it to be the most exhilarting SW movie in decades. It was so enjoyable and unpredictable with a lot of heart and a beautiful message underneath it all. It allowed every character a chance to shine and Mark Hamill really excelled in his role.
  • TR007 wrote: »
    I'm excited for it. I also loved TFA, it was a fun SW film compared to TLJ, the anti-fun film. With JJ at the wheel, with more experience I think we will have an enjoyable movie this time out for all audiences. At the very least I hope it isn't divisive. It's been nice having The Mandalorian unite the fan base more after a rough couple years.

To each their own, of course. I honestly don't see how TLJ was anti-fun. I found it to be the most exhilarting SW movie in decades. It was so enjoyable and unpredictable with a lot of heart and a beautiful message underneath it all. It allowed every character a chance to shine and Mark Hamill really excelled in his role.

I think I mean to say the tone will be a return to form for the Sequel Trilogy. I still like TLJ, but I have to admit for me it is flawed in its story and certain character decisions. Rewatching it is a bit frustrating for me.
    All IMHO of course!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker's JJ Abrams reveals the movie's script ended up on eBay thanks to one star
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a29991109/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-jj-abrams-script-leaked-ebay/
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,336

That's the best Trailer/Teaser I have seen for TROS John Williams music amps it up, hope those themes are in the film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    That has to be one of my favourite pieces of music of all time. Never tire of it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Benny wrote: »
    That has to be one of my favourite pieces of music of all time. Never tire of it.

It is as iconic and instantly recognizable as Star Wars as the main theme is.
    TESB score one of the greatest of all time, amazing theme after amazing theme.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The Imperial March is my ringtone. :)
    IMO the Star Wars movies have the best movie scores of all time.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Even the terrible films like The Phantom Menace have tremendous scores.

Even the terrible films like The Phantom Menace have tremendous scores.

Couldn't agree more. So many people wish that the prequels have never been made, but those people are morons. How could you wish to live in a world where Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars and Battle of the Heroes do not exist?

Even I am grateful that Solo exists, as much as I despise it, because of tracks like "The adventures of Han Solo" and "Lando's closet"
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's ridiculous to pretend that any SW film released thus far is "terrible". They all have their merits and they all still rank high above the mediocre output that gets sneezed on DVD every day. Few may reach the quality of SW or ESB, but that's not the same as saying that everything else is "terrible". Even flawed films can still be "good" or at the very least "not terrible". No SW film is terrible. Steven Seagal's recent output, now that's terrible.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    It's ridiculous to pretend that any SW film released thus far is "terrible". They all have their merits and they all still rank high above the mediocre output that gets sneezed on DVD every day. Few may reach the quality of SW or ESB, but that's not the same as saying that everything else is "terrible". Even flawed films can still be "good" or at the very least "not terrible". No SW film is terrible. Steven Seagal's recent output, now that's terrible.

+1. Same with Bond movies.
  • Speaking of Star Wars scores.. The Mandalorian score by Ludwig Göransson is exceptional. A unique sound for Star Wars and I love it!
    Speaking of Star Wars scores.. The Mandalorian score by Ludwig Göransson is exceptional. A unique sound for Star Wars and I love it!

I love this piece of music....

Not watched the show yet, does this theme appear during episodes?
  • Speaking of Star Wars scores.. The Mandalorian score by Ludwig Göransson is exceptional. A unique sound for Star Wars and I love it!

I love this piece of music....

Not watched the show yet, does this theme appear during episodes?

It sounds a bit different in the show but I believe it appears in Chapter 1 (1st episode).
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 533
    I'm four episodes into "The Mandalorian". I find it entertaining and action-packed. But it's not mind blowing. And I find the narrative just a bit too simple and not very original.
    So many people wish that the prequels have never been made, but those people are morons.

Let me get this straight. Just because you don't like the Prequels, the people who do are morons? This is how you deal with those who do not agree with your tastes in entertainment? By insulting them? How old are you? Twelve? What a comple immature thing to say.