Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,446
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 2,107
    Why isn't Chewbacca in the ot cover instead. He had more to do in the original trilogy, than just sitting around campfire, trying to eat birds. Yes, that's the only thing you did in The Last Jedi and you know it.
    One good thing, though : No Jar Jar Binks. ;))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    One good thing, though : No Jar Jar Binks. ;))

Isn't that George Lucas' favourite character? ;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Why isn't Chewbacca in the ot cover instead. He had more to do in the original trilogy, than just sitting around campfire, trying to eat birds. Yes, that's the only thing you did in The Last Jedi and you know it.

He's still alive and kicking so they're giving him prominence for the new films. Solo and Luke as characters, as well as Carrie Fisher, obviously are not.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,691
    I have received my ticket for The Rise of Skywalker. Will be seeing it on the evening of December 20th.
    I have received my ticket for The Rise of Skywalker. Will be seeing it on the evening of December 20th.

I bought my ticket the day they went into sale. 18th of December, for some reason.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I bought my ticket the day they went into sale. 18th of December, for some reason.

Is that opening day for you?
    I

Is that opening day for you?

In Finland, yes.
    Will still be busy with work, but will get to see it possibly in the new year.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Luke´s haircut on that cover is unbelievable. As is Palpatines face prosthetics.

It´s uplifting to see there´s still the kind of enthusiasm for SW that drives people to get their ticket asap! I myself was never a huge fan, but I there were SW films I was more looking forward to.
    Minion wrote: »

Surely you mean The Bad, The Good, and the Ugly. I this order.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing. :-bd
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Got tickets for my daughter and I for the 19th (I think). Two days after her birthday and on the night she breaks up from school. So she's kicking off her Christmas holiday with a brand new Star Wars movie.

You have to admit when it comes to Dads... I ROCK.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,691
    First official clip from The Rise of Skywalker:

First official clip from The Rise of Skywalker:

BRILLIANT! My daughter is going to LOVE THIS SHIT!!! :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The troopers look great, and it's nice to see the film selling itself as apposed to nostalgia overload.
    The troopers look great, and it's nice to see the film selling itself as apposed to nostalgia overload.

Agreed. The nostalgia thing is fun for five minutes but we can't allow ourselves to wallow in it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    More Marvel-esque humor. Yawn.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 373

If 2:43 doesn't fill your eyes with tears of absolute joy - then you ain't a Star Wars fan. (Also, go to the actual YouTube page and check out the comments. Just bliss!)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    BondStu wrote: »
    If 2:43 doesn't fill your eyes with tears of absolute joy - then you ain't a Star Wars fan.

r/gatekeeping
    Walecs wrote: »
    BondStu wrote: »
    If 2:43 doesn't fill your eyes with tears of absolute joy - then you ain't a Star Wars fan.

r/gatekeeping

??
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,446
    LegalGoldenIcelandicsheepdog-small.gif

`They fly now! '

flying-star-wars-weeegif.gif#image

`They fly now! '
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

`They fly now! '

`They fly now! '

In all fairness to Finn, Poe and the gang... First order troopers haven't had jetpacks yet. Maybe when Finn was still a trooper, Snoke thought the idea was stupid and Kylo decided to bring it back.

`They fly now! '

`They fly now! '

In all fairness to Finn, Poe and the gang... First order troopers haven't had jetpacks yet. Maybe when Finn was still a trooper, Snoke thought the idea was stupid and Kylo decided to bring it back.

True though they should not be too surprised by old tech, I hope the TROS flying scene matches what we have seen previously
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Keep in mind this film is mainly aiming for large audiences, and not a lot of actually bothered with CLONE WARS, so for them and those like me who never ventured beyond the films the concept of stormtroopers with jet packs is a novelty.
    Keep in mind this film is mainly aiming for large audiences, and not a lot of actually bothered with CLONE WARS, so for them and those like me who never ventured beyond the films the concept of stormtroopers with jet packs is a novelty.
    Still, the delivery in that trailer alone already makes me want to avoid that film.

• boldfinger wrote: »
    Still, the delivery in that trailer alone already makes me want to avoid that film.

I think I'm going to avoid this thread, instead.