No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Must be said, Lashana has had a serious glow-up since the Jamaica press reveal. I suppose they have Hollywood-ised her since then. Boy, she does look good.

EKNwfhzWsAAvOQ8?format=jpg&name=large

lashana-lynch-attends-the-65th-evening-standard-theatre-awards-at-the-picture-id1189818243?s=

I'm really surprised to be honest. Don't know what they had in mind to dress her like she was in Jamaica.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Hopefully after this week we start to learn more regarding when the trailer will land. The wait has been painful!
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Must be said, Lashana has had a serious glow-up since the Jamaica press reveal. I suppose they have Hollywood-ised her since then. Boy, she does look good.

lashana-lynch-attends-the-65th-evening-standard-theatre-awards-at-the-picture-id1189818243?s=

I'm really surprised to be honest. Don't know what they had in mind to dress her like she was in Jamaica.

This looks great. It's too bad that none of the wardrobe choices for NTTD have impressed me like this.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    One more with Lashana Lynch

Why couldn’t Ana de Armas have Lynch’s role.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Hopefully after this week we start to learn more regarding when the trailer will land. The wait has been painful!

I'm quite confident it will be early December. I'm not sure how trailer attachment works, but if it's the first of Dec, they get to play the trailer in front of Star Wars, Sam Mendes' 1917, Spies In Disguise (depending how uh strong the PG-13 nature of the trailer is), Jumanji, and Craig's Knives Out.

It's good timing.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Do you know the exact nature of both roles?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    All the women in this film are beautiful, and if you don’t think so, then your standards are way to high haha :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Collection

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Daniel Craig Is Not a Good Source for James Bond Spoilers: “You won’t get anything out of me! Adele, who’s Adele?”
    https://showbiz411.com/2019/11/25/daniel-craig-is-not-a-good-source-for-james-bond-spoilers-you-wont-get-anything-out-of-me-adele-whos-adele

What we really want to know about is Craig’s final Bond movie, “No Time to Die,” set for release next April. As we shook hands, I said, “How’s Adele’s song?” Right? Good move, I thought. As I reported (and the Daily Mail helped it self to) Adele is likely to reprise singing the Bond theme song.

“Adele?” Craig said. “Who’s Adele?” Then he blinked and said, “You’re not getting anything out of me!”

I responded: “Let me ask you this, are you at least happy with the way the movie worked out? It’s your last one.”

Again: “Very nice, but no, I can’t tell you anything. I’ve got nothing!” He added: “It’s nice to see you!” His British publicist echoed that statement, and cut me off.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Daniel Craig Is Not a Good Source for James Bond Spoilers: “You won’t get anything out of me! Adele, who’s Adele?”
    https://showbiz411.com/2019/11/25/daniel-craig-is-not-a-good-source-for-james-bond-spoilers-you-wont-get-anything-out-of-me-adele-whos-adele

What we really want to know about is Craig’s final Bond movie, “No Time to Die,” set for release next April. As we shook hands, I said, “How’s Adele’s song?” Right? Good move, I thought. As I reported (and the Daily Mail helped it self to) Adele is likely to reprise singing the Bond theme song.

“Adele?” Craig said. “Who’s Adele?” Then he blinked and said, “You’re not getting anything out of me!”

I responded: “Let me ask you this, are you at least happy with the way the movie worked out? It’s your last one.”

Again: “Very nice, but no, I can’t tell you anything. I’ve got nothing!” He added: “It’s nice to see you!” His British publicist echoed that statement, and cut me off.

They have done quite a job keeping production secretive this time around. Never even saw any filming of Rami Malek!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    FoxRox wrote: »

They have done quite a job keeping production secretive this time around. Never even saw any filming of Rami Malek!

They certainly have. It doesn't even feel like there's a Bond movie coming out in 5 months.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

That's an incredibly striking look- she looks fantastic.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Why would you want them to switch? According to de Armas the part she got was written with her in mind.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Lynch looks good there. It could be the makeup and dress combination which is helping as I've never really thought that the short hair really complemented her. I guess we'll see how it really looks when the movie is out.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited November 2019 Posts: 564

Why would you want them to switch? According to de Armas the part she got was written with her in mind.[/quote]

I feel like this says something about her characters importance to the plot. If she can just be written in to get a talented actress involved, I am guessing she isnt crucial.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    FoxRox wrote: »

Haha very funny 🤣 he let the cat out of the bag I wouldn't mind her returning to sing.
    DC has brought new life into Bond, I will miss him once NTTD releases next April!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Nonsense.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834

I bloody love Daniel Craig :)

Seeing Knives Out next week for my birthday, can’t wait, so with that and the Black Widow trailer I’m gonna be a very happy camper :D
    Ha -- lovely piece.

This does seem like a giveaway. Friedman's written twice now, quite firmly, that Adele's returning. As he was the one who (I believe) called/scooped both Adele and Sam Smith for the last two, I'd give this a lot of credibility. The fact that he'd go as far as printing a cheeky exchange with Craig about it super suggests it's a done deal.

Chills at the thought of Adele behind a song called No Time to Die.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Feels unlikely but I guess nothing's impossible. Still a way better choice than Sting!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    Feels unlikely but I guess nothing's impossible. Still a way better choice than Sting!

Or Ed Sheeran. Oof.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    If any other artist besides Shirley Bassey deserves another crack at a Bond song, I suppose Adele deserves it, especially to put a cap on Craig’s tenure. It’s too bad Chris Cornell is gone, he could have bookended Craig’s run with a rocking tune.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Ha -- lovely piece.

This does seem like a giveaway. Friedman's written twice now, quite firmly, that Adele's returning. As he was the one who (I believe) called/scooped both Adele and Sam Smith for the last two, I'd give this a lot of credibility. The fact that he'd go as far as printing a cheeky exchange with Craig about it super suggests it's a done deal.

Chills at the thought of Adele behind a song called No Time to Die.

When you put it like that...

I'm all for her return.

But, I'd still prefer something a bit edgier for Craig's final film. However, if it fits the film then I suppose it doesn't matter.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Just been to see Knives Out.

Craig is great in it, but this is Ana De Armas’ film.

An outstanding performance that should elevate her to the A list. We’re very lucky to have her in NTTD.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Mallory wrote: »

An outstanding performance that should elevate her to the A list. We’re very lucky to have her in NTTD.

Good to hear. Can't be easy to steal the show in a film with that many heavyweights. Fair play to her.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834

Ah great, can't wait!!

As for Adele's return, she's actually very versatile with her sound, so I think could deliver something great, although I agree with @CraigMooreOHMSS, that I'd prefer something a bit edgier, but like I said I think if she wanted to, Adele could deliver that in spades.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Contraband wrote: »
    One more with Lashana Lynch

That's a very beautiful woman.

Saw it last Friday and really enjoyed it. It was surprising to me that Ana was the main character since all the marketing for the film focused more on Craig.