No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Feels unlikely but I guess nothing's impossible. Still a way better choice than Sting!

Or Ed Sheeran. Oof.

Definitely.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Daniel Craig is trending on Twitter :)
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4290788002

Some more exciting words from Craig:

Craig doesn’t have any thoughts on the next 007 (“Who knows? I have no idea”) and won’t give any plot points away. “It's hard to say because we just finished it, but I think we've done something really wonderful,” he says. “We’ve got an amazing story and something that's going to be surprising for people. It’s all going to come together. There's many a slip between cup and lip, as they say.”
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Craig doesn’t have any thoughts on the next 007 (“Who knows? I have no idea”) and won’t give any plot points away. “It's hard to say because we just finished it, but I think we've done something really wonderful,” he says. “We’ve got an amazing story and something that's going to be surprising for people. It’s all going to come together. There's many a slip between cup and lip, as they say.”

What's he mean?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    007Blofeld wrote: »

What's he mean?

There is many a slip between the cup and the lip.

This is a very ancient proverb originating form south west part of Asian continent. The context of this proverb means that there is a many a time gap between the occurrence of two events and anything can happen in this time gap and things can change in a second. We should never be sure of our success in our life until we have achieved it and should work for it until the last second.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Denbigh wrote: »

What's he mean?

This is a very ancient proverb originating form south west part of Asian continent. The context of this proverb means that there is a many a time gap between the occurrence of two events and anything can happen in this time gap and things can change in a second. We should never be sure of our success in our life until we have achieved it and should work for it until the last second.
    I get this definition from wikipedia There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip is a very old proverb, similar in meaning to "don't count your chickens before they hatch". It implies that even when a good outcome or conclusion seems certain, things can still go wrong.
    How does this apply based on speculation?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It means the film isn t finished and doesn t come out for another few months.
    delfloria wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Must be said, Lashana has had a serious glow-up since the Jamaica press reveal. I suppose they have Hollywood-ised her since then. Boy, she does look good.

EKNwfhzWsAAvOQ8?format=jpg&name=large

lashana-lynch-attends-the-65th-evening-standard-theatre-awards-at-the-picture-id1189818243?s=

I'm really surprised to be honest. Don't know what they had in mind to dress her like she was in Jamaica.

This looks great. It's too bad that none of the wardrobe choices for NTTD have impressed me like this.

As long as she doesn't wear that powder blue bag thingie that she wore for the press conference in Jamaica... No seriously she looks great.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Since we're getting nothing new on NTTD;

Rian Johnson hosts a raucous Thanksgiving dinner with the #KnivesOut cast, which includes a good-natured roasting, Daniel Craig carving the turkey, and more

• 00Agent wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    https://latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-11-22/ana-de-armas-knives-out-james-bond

"Underneath the pomp and suspenders, Craig was already training and prepping for Bond when “Knives Out” was filming. But De Armas had no idea she’d be joining him until later, when she got a surprise call from Fukunaga, whom she’d met previously for a project that never materialized.

He said, ‘Part of the movie takes place in Cuba. This role doesn’t exist, but I think I’m going to write something for you. Do you want to do it?’” she said. On top of being offered a custom-tailored Bond role, Emmy-winning writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to write her dialogue, which sent her excitement skyrocketing. “I was like, ‘Aaaaaah! Of course.’ And then I was like, ‘Wait — I’d like to read it first.’”

They sent over her scenes and she was sold. Bond women of yesteryear had never felt relatable to her, said De Armas. Paloma, however, felt real.

“I wouldn’t say she’s ordinary, because when she needs to perform her job, she does,” she said. “But [she] is flawed. She says what she feels, she’s nervous, she’s scared. It’s human. When I read it, I was like, ‘Oh, wait — I can be a Bond girl. I’m that. I’m that messy.’ That’s what felt so attractive, on top of what she’s actually doing in the story, which is another step toward giving women a more powerful and strong place in the films.”

She’s gorgeous and talented, but this drumbeat is so tiresome.

It will come back to bite her as it did with everyone before her, when the women in Bond 26 repeat it.

Exactly. I am sure dozens of Bond girls before her felt the same about her characters. And look what happened.

It must be that they get told to say this by EoN. It doesn't make sense otherwise, that every new Bond girl has the same bright idea, which is quite disrespectful in itself.

But why?
    How is this helping the film? If it does, fine. If the math checks out, keep doing it. What the hell do i know about movie marketing.

But purely speaking for myself, i don't like hearing it.

Oh, I don't know. I find it a bit boring too, but what are they meant to say? "My character is a bit flat and has 4 minutes of screen time, but I look great in a bathing suit?" It might be vaguely interesting to hear about 'empowered female characters' for casual fans, since they won't know the background of these sorts of lines like the superfans do.

It's a bit like watching post-game interviews with athletes. Yes, the cliches about "one match at a time" and "giving it 110%" are pretty trite. On the other hand, there's really only so many different ways to say, "we try to run fast and put the ball in the net."

My only quibble is when people (rarely the actresses themselves, mind you) make it sound as though they're revolutionizing what has always been a crap role. I've said before, you can go back to 1969 to find a really well-written and well-acted "Bond girl" in OHMSS.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

What's he mean?

I get this definition from wikipedia There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip is a very old proverb, similar in meaning to "don't count your chickens before they hatch". It implies that even when a good outcome or conclusion seems certain, things can still go wrong.

Could mean that there's still some things to be organized in post?
    octofinger wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    https://latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-11-22/ana-de-armas-knives-out-james-bond

"Underneath the pomp and suspenders, Craig was already training and prepping for Bond when “Knives Out” was filming. But De Armas had no idea she’d be joining him until later, when she got a surprise call from Fukunaga, whom she’d met previously for a project that never materialized.

He said, ‘Part of the movie takes place in Cuba. This role doesn’t exist, but I think I’m going to write something for you. Do you want to do it?’” she said. On top of being offered a custom-tailored Bond role, Emmy-winning writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to write her dialogue, which sent her excitement skyrocketing. “I was like, ‘Aaaaaah! Of course.’ And then I was like, ‘Wait — I’d like to read it first.’”

They sent over her scenes and she was sold. Bond women of yesteryear had never felt relatable to her, said De Armas. Paloma, however, felt real.

“I wouldn’t say she’s ordinary, because when she needs to perform her job, she does,” she said. “But [she] is flawed. She says what she feels, she’s nervous, she’s scared. It’s human. When I read it, I was like, ‘Oh, wait — I can be a Bond girl. I’m that. I’m that messy.’ That’s what felt so attractive, on top of what she’s actually doing in the story, which is another step toward giving women a more powerful and strong place in the films.”

It will come back to bite her as it did with everyone before her, when the women in Bond 26 repeat it.

Exactly. I am sure dozens of Bond girls before her felt the same about her characters. And look what happened.

It must be that they get told to say this by EoN. It doesn't make sense otherwise, that every new Bond girl has the same bright idea, which is quite disrespectful in itself.

But why?
    How is this helping the film? If it does, fine. If the math checks out, keep doing it. What the hell do i know about movie marketing.

Oh, I don't know. I find it a bit boring too, but what are they meant to say? "My character is a bit flat and has 4 minutes of screen time, but I look great in a bathing suit?" It might be vaguely interesting to hear about 'empowered female characters' for casual fans, since they won't know the background of these sorts of lines like the superfans do.

It's a bit like watching post-game interviews with athletes. Yes, the cliches about "one match at a time" and "giving it 110%" are pretty trite. On the other hand, there's really only so many different ways to say, "we try to run fast and put the ball in the net."

My only quibble is when people (rarely the actresses themselves, mind you) make it sound as though they're revolutionizing what has always been a crap role. I've said before, you can go back to 1969 to find a really well-written and well-acted "Bond girl" in OHMSS.

This.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 440

What's he mean?

Most likely.

Even if those rumours about alternate cuts of the ending aren't true, they still have to finish scoring the film, creating the titles, grading the colour, doing CGI head and body replacement, and finalizing the editing.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,497

What's he mean?

Most likely.

Even if those rumours about alternate cuts of the ending aren't true, they still have to finish scoring the film, creating the titles, grading the colour, doing CGI head and body replacement, and finalizing the editing.

I'd like to hear from you why you say "even if those rumours..."

Has someone from the cast, producers or Cary himself confirmed that multiple endings have been shot?

The last thing we need to do during these "lack of news" times is stirring up tabloid bs.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,541

But why?

Craig era bond girls have been quite interesting even for lesser screentime, one of the actress Berenice played severine which I like very much, she could have given some hint about how her character like how is she somehow related to the main Villian or how badly she wanted revenge from him (not spoiling but small hints are enough). Not every actress is appearing in bathing suit you know ;)
    There is a lot one can say but this is something out of our hand. We have to make do with what we got.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185

But why?

Craig era bond girls have been quite interesting even for lesser screentime, one of the actress Berenice played severine which I like very much, she could have given some hint about how her character like how is she somehow related to the main Villian or how badly she wanted revenge from him (not spoiling but small hints are enough). Not every actress is appearing in bathing suit you know ;)
    There is a lot one can say but this is something out of our hand. We have to make do with what we got.

Bernice was one of the smartest and most respectful actresses to do these press tours. I remember her interviews very well, and she had a lot of praise for former Bond girls, praising the femme fatales she liked and who inspried her performance. I don't remember her ever saying her Bond girl was better or special, but even if, it never took over.

I think i'll stop listening to interviews for now. It doesn't feel like Ana and Lashana are hyping the film to me. Let's wait till Cary and Daniel step on the scene and hope it will improve from then on.

Though, i do hope the next Bond actor who comes along will be like:
    "You remember those last 6 dudes who played him? Those guys were duuuumb. They got by only with good looks. My Bond will be much smarter and cooler, wait till you see the balls on this guy!" lol
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

But why?

Exactly. It really isn't very complicated.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

But why?

Bernice was one of the smartest and most respectful actresses to do these press tours. I remember her interviews very well, and she had a lot of praise for former Bond girls, praising the femme fatales she liked and who inspried her performance. I don't remember her ever saying her Bond girl was better or special, but even if, it never took over.

I think i'll stop listening to interviews for now. It doesn't feel like Ana and Lashana are hyping the film to me. Let's wait till Cary and Daniel step on the scene and hope it will improve from then on.

"You remember those last 6 dudes who played him? Those guys were duuuumb. They got by only with good looks. My Bond will be much smarter and cooler, wait till you see the balls on this guy!" lol

I think it's all part of EON's marketing. I remember Sam Mendes saying all the good things about SP before release but when someone posted a recent interview of his he was going into details about what hardships they had to face while making the film and why it didn't work as much as SF. Can't remember which interview it was at the moment.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

But why?

We're still months away from their official press junkets.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 440
    JamesCraig wrote: »

What's he mean?

Most likely.

I'd like to hear from you why you say "even if those rumours..."

Has someone from the cast, producers or Cary himself confirmed that multiple endings have been shot?

The last thing we need to do during these "lack of news" times is stirring up tabloid bs.
    I'm sorry. You seem to have mistaken the phrase, "even if those rumours aren't true" for "these facts which have been 100% confirmed".

The operative words here are "if" and "rumors".
    8-|

It would also help if you had looked at the post I was responding to; a question about whether there could be things still left to organize in post.

My response was simply stating that regardless of the rumours about an alternate ending (which would be perhaps the biggest thing left to organize in post if it were true) there are plenty of other elements still to be finalized.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    They do say a film can either live or die in the editing room.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They do say a film can either live or die in the editing room.

So true. You have all the ingredients, and the editing room is where it all comes together.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    That's why EoN got the best editors that money could buy them.

I have full confidence in Tom Cross, he's one of Damien Chazelles guys and won an academy award for whiplash and was again nominated for La La Land. Outstanding filmography.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I have full confidence in Tom Cross, he's one of Damien Chazelles guys and won an academy award for whiplash and was again nominated for La La Land. Outstanding filmography.
    Same @00Agent, amen to that :)

Same @00Agent, amen to that :)

tenor.gif
    One of my followers:

"It just occurred to me - if Jamaica is doubling for Cuba in this scene, it seems directly inspired from Ian Fleming's description of the mission Bond has just completed in the 'Quantum of Solace' short story."

Anybody expert here care to elaborate?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Contraband wrote: »
    One of my followers:

"It just occurred to me - if Jamaica is doubling for Cuba in this scene, it seems directly inspired from Ian Fleming's description of the mission Bond has just completed in the 'Quantum of Solace' short story."

@Contraband The mission Bond completes in that short story is in Bahamas not Jamaica or Cuba, I think... But if we wanted to draw these conclusions, the For Your Eyes Only short story is set in Jamaica, with the Havelock parents murder being there, and Cuba, where the rest of the story takes place.
    Contraband wrote: »
    One of my followers:

@Contraband The mission Bond completes in that short story is in Bahamas not Jamaica or Cuba, I think... But if we wanted to draw these conclusions, the For Your Eyes Only short story is set in Jamaica, with the Havelock parents murder being there, and Cuba, where the rest of the story takes place.

Aha, ok. Thank for helping out @Denbigh
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    4 more months till the movie opens.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    imranbecks wrote: »
    4 more months till the movie opens.
    369.gif