Worst Bond Movie

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    No Bond film are pieces of monkey shit or makes me pissed off while watching. I'm glad movies don't make me mad because there's other things in this world that are more important. With that being said LTK and FYEO are my bottom two, not because I think they are bad, unwatchable, pieces of monkey shit etc, just don't enjoy them as much as the other 22 films.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Birdleson wrote: »
    SP

Now that the novelty wore off for me, I see it dropping in my rankings soon.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    diamonds are forever is so lazily made with lackluster action sequences and a lazy bond that it is by far the worst bond film I would watch Die another day over it
    I love DAF as well.

DAD I liked up until the Craig era came along. I'll have to give it a revisit soon.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,554
    Anyone who lists SF as the worst ever Bond film really needs to step back and take a deep breath. LOL

Moonraker is the worst Bond film. Period. And it isn't even close.

I could begin and end with the ridiculous space fight, complete with laser beams. That alone is enough to make it the worst Bond film. But no, MR has to push the envelope even further, if that is possible. It has more smh moments than perhaps all other Bond films combined.

MR gives us the gondola on wheels. And if that's not enough...
    We also get a double-taking pigeon. And if that's not enough...
    We get a Jaws love story. And if that's not enough...
    We get the five-note Close Encounters theme used for key pad entry. And if that's not enough...
    We get the Magnificent Seven theme song, complete with Bond in Clint Eastwood drag. And if that is not enough...
    We get Jaws surviving a free fall from about 10,000 feet, through a circus tent. And if that is not enough...
    We get a group of "Amazon women" living on Drax's base.

No. You won't convince me that MR isn't the biggest embarrassment to the series. It is truly unwatchable after Corrine's death.

edited May 2017 Posts: 4,417
    Moonraker is in my top 5. Fun, yet completely bonkers and without any Bond formula.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,417
    Double post

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    MR moved up the most in my last Bondathon. I have it 5 places above SP. Great fun and everyone is having a blast.

SP's not the worst in my estimation however. That's left for the usual suspects, namely AVTAK, DAD & the worst of all, TWINE.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MR is damn good fun, a hell of a lot more entertaining to me than SF and SP are.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Regarding this topic: like SAUSAGE PARTY? Wasn't that in very poor taste?

And Bond films aren't that kind of animated or CGI. Yet.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Let me ask this: If Ian Fleming were to watch MR, what would he think? LOL
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Flick his cigarettes at the screen (considering that was one of his best novels)?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    To be honest, at that point Fleming might simply think how much money he made.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's difficult to answer a hypothetical. I just know that I quite enjoy MR these days.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Fleming thought DN was dreadful at first. Pretty sure he would have hated 20ish of the 24 films.

Love MR, still #1 on my current ranking, though closely contested with TLD at the moment.

Least favorite is probably DAD, but I still thoroughly enjoy. It's becoming harder to dislike anything in any Bond film for me.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    TWINE at the moment. Aside from the PTS, very drab. At least my other bottom performers SF/Sp are pretty and TB is funny
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'd still have to say DAD, but LTK is always in the conversation as well.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Although it has some good elements such as the title song, score and Walken, I have to go with AVTAK.
    TLD ....and most long term members on here know why ,apart from it being bloody boring.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DAD has risen considerably in my esteem, almost to the middle. TWINE has taken over the bottom spot. There are a few great things about it, but overall such a weak package.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I’ve revisited all of them up to DAD and at this point my least favourite is TND. Still have to rewatch the Craig films though.
    DAD!! Now.....and forever....Amen!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    DIE ANOTHER DAY.

What can I say that has not been said a hundred times? I like the title sequence and Cleese as Q. Nice homage to the original James Bond. That s it. Easier to say what I like.
    DAD has risen considerably in my esteem, almost to the middle. TWINE has taken over the bottom spot. There are a few great things about it, but overall such a weak package.

giphy%20(3).gif?width=500&name=giphy%20(3).gif

Personally i would probably go with AVTAK, with FYEO being a close second.

• BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    I don't think my choices here would particularly surprise anyone.
  • My least favourite is QoS but if I had to pick the worst? TMWTGG.

DAD is crap but at least you get the sense that everyone involved was trying. Not only is TMWTGG crap, it also feels so lazy and half arsed. The stretch of the film where we get the sumo "fight" (complete with Bond grabbing one of their arses with accompanying sound effect), followed by him being sentenced to death by karate school followed by Hip and his nieces arriving then leaving him behind for no reason just so we can get yet another boat chase has to be the worst section of any Bond film imo. Contrived, bad, lazy. The whole film feels weirdly cheap and flat. The solex plot is so boring and distracts from what should have been a brilliant cat and mouse story. Goodnight is terrible and even the usually amazing Roger Moore isn't great because of how badly Bond is written in this one. Christopher Lee is good, the car stunt is good, and Barry's score is good (it's his worst imo but even his worst is better than most others) but they don't elevate the film for me, they just feel wasted.

The most exciting premise of the series and they went and made that film. Unbelieveable.
  • Die Another Day - 'Time to face gravity' - that line alone carries a lot of the weight sinking it down to the bottom of the pile.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I've come to the conclusion that maybe we should worry more about those movies who leave everybody somewhat indifferent, that basically nobody considers either the best or the worst kind among the bunch. My own bottom two are DAD (all the way down there, soaring slightly above floor level), and TWINE. But some people here, while agreeing with this basic premise, also add SF to that segment - a movie that even seven years later, I consider the best ever since the incomparable FRWL (although GF and CR are also within my top 4, all rated 9/10). Shouldn't we be happy there are such movies that cause conflicting emotions? Emotionally (disregarding personal nostalgia, like I have for LALD), most of us don't give a real hoot about the likes of TB, FYEO, LTK, TND, QOS (there are always exceptions). They're not bad, but too mediocre to get worked up about it. And I thank the producers for those films that aren't, while at the same time cursing them for making those that I consider bad. Such movies are also the lifeblood of discussions like this one.
    Happy 20th anniversary, TWINE. That's the best I can say as you're still at the bottom of my list. I'm saving the real celebrations for the other films celebrating anniversaries this year.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Happy 20th anniversary, TWINE. That's the best I can say as you're still at the bottom of my list. I'm saving the real celebrations for the other films celebrating anniversaries this year.

That film knew exactly where to huuuuurt me.
    For your eyes only.

Its the Bond film equivalent of watching paint dry. The warehouse raid is the only part that I like.