Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    MooreFun wrote: »
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/

They did add the four Splinter Cell games for the original Xbox to the Backward Compatibility program for Xbox One, with relevant DLC included. Not a new game, but it's something.

I have all for games for the XBox, and I also have an XBox One. :D Not a new game, but i'll take this news gladly.

I have the majority of the Splinter Cell games I got them cheap in a bundle from Steam, the early games were great. I maybe tempted to get them on Backward compatibility

I might be in the minority, but I also liked Blacklist. I liked how the slealth element was incorporated. Ghosting missions, those we were allowed to ghost, was so thrilling. Pandora Tomorrow is my personal favourite.

Just put the first Splinter Cell on now on my PC, it's the only one I have started replaying the others I have not played since there initial releases. I have a fondness for the first three games, I have vague memory of the other games I can't remember what happened in Blacklist. I know for certain Conviction is one I never completed I got stuck midway through the game, I should revisit that game at some point.

I installed the first one yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. I noticed Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb, was also included in the backwards compatible list.

Really... i'll have to boot up my Xbox and see what new games are there. I have bought a few Backward compatible titles already some of the game play stands up well, photo realistic graphics are not everything for sure.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/

They did add the four Splinter Cell games for the original Xbox to the Backward Compatibility program for Xbox One, with relevant DLC included. Not a new game, but it's something.

I have all for games for the XBox, and I also have an XBox One. :D Not a new game, but i'll take this news gladly.

I have the majority of the Splinter Cell games I got them cheap in a bundle from Steam, the early games were great. I maybe tempted to get them on Backward compatibility

I might be in the minority, but I also liked Blacklist. I liked how the slealth element was incorporated. Ghosting missions, those we were allowed to ghost, was so thrilling. Pandora Tomorrow is my personal favourite.

Just put the first Splinter Cell on now on my PC, it's the only one I have started replaying the others I have not played since there initial releases. I have a fondness for the first three games, I have vague memory of the other games I can't remember what happened in Blacklist. I know for certain Conviction is one I never completed I got stuck midway through the game, I should revisit that game at some point.

I installed the first one yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. I noticed Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb, was also included in the backwards compatible list.

Really... i'll have to boot up my Xbox and see what new games are there. I have bought a few Backward compatible titles already some of the game play stands up well, photo realistic graphics are not everything for sure.

I played a little of Splinter Cell earlier. It looks pretty good for a game that is nearing 20 years old! That's not to say that it hasn't aged, just aged well. The gameplay, however, hasn't aged a bit.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I played a little of Splinter Cell earlier. It looks pretty good for a game that is nearing 20 years old! That's not to say that it hasn't aged, just aged well. The gameplay, however, hasn't aged a bit.

Its a great game still one of the best stealth games I will definitely buy them when released on Xbox backward compatibility, I am more a console gamer than PC
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    This is the first I have heard about Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts (it looks like it was announced last year, but appeared at this years E3)...

Does anyone still care about NFS? EA has removed all traces of past games from their youtube account, in preparation for a new NFS, Need For Speed: Heat. I haven't played one in a long time. I looked into trying the last one, but the rubber-banding put me off.
    I can’t find the last video game you played thread but I had to get this off my chest 007 racing sucks the controls are garbage the graphics are bad I will try and beat it but I can’t even pass the first level I am hoping it’s just the port and that on an actual ps1 it was at least kind of fun
    Here you go @Risico007:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/154/last-video-game-you-played/p128

I don't remember having problems with the first mission, but the second one (I think it was the second one), with the forklift trucks, I hated that mission.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Mark your calendars! Game of the Year Part II releases on 2/21/20

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seemed unofficially confirmed but nice to get a factual confirmation from them on it. Hopefully it debuts with some stellar launch titles, otherwise I may hold off for the time being.
    I agree a confirmation is nice, but I won't be jumping in until 2 years into its cycle.
    I agree a confirmation is nice, but I won't be jumping in until 2 years into its cycle.

I really should wait, too, the same thing I've been doing with games. It's just not worth it. All I'll really want is the new Elder Scrolls. Sometimes it's hard not to be swayed by those new consoles, even when the launch titles and high price don't justify it.
    I haven't seen anything of the next Elder Scrolls, but I do enjoy playing Elder Scrolls Online.
    I haven't seen anything of the next Elder Scrolls, but I do enjoy playing Elder Scrolls Online.

It's still many years out, apparently, due to them requiring much more advanced technology for what they aim to deliver. I can't wait to see eventually.

ESO is a lot of fun, I haven't played it in years. Played so much of it around release that I hit a wall and got burnt out, through no fault of the game itself.
    Here you go, @MajorDSmythe:

Zombie shark! It looks so much more ott than the trilogy. :D
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/10/24/fallout-76s-premium-private-servers-are-not-private-its-scrap-box-is-deleting-scrap/#58c3da2b7386

source.gif

Given how broken the game appeas to be (I haven't played it myself, but I have seen lots of footage), they should be paying players to continue playing. Yet they expect players to pay them, just to see the game break in all new ways. It's one cock up after another with that game.
    The Last of Us Part II release date pushed back to May 29, 2020.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-comes-to-ps4-in-may/
    The Last of Us Part II release date pushed back to May 29, 2020.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-comes-to-ps4-in-may/

That's a damn shame, it's the only launch day title I was planning on getting in a long, long while. At this rate, might as well put it on the PlayStation 5 as a launch title.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    At this rate, might as well put it on the PlayStation 5 as a launch title.

I bet Sony hates the thought of that. I imagine initially releasing on the PS4 and then a remastered version on the PS5 has always been part of their sales plan.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 13,894
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/10/disgruntled_fallout_76_fan_makes_a_mockery_of_fallout_1st_by_purchasing_critical_web_domain

=))

The Bethesda Failtrain just keeps derailing itself. Menwhile The Outer Worlds is out today, i'm curious to try it out for myself, but I might have to wait, as I have a backlog of games.

If anyone is playing it, i'd really like to know if there is anything good about Fallout '76.
    @MajorDSmythe, I bought it around the release after being pleasantly surprised by the beta, yet gave it away after a couple of weeks. It had a lot of promise but it had too many issues and was completely filled with bugs and glitches. Sounds like the game they tweaked it to 6-9 months later was what it should've been at launch but I had lost all interest by that point. The more news I see about it, the more it sounds like it's merely aping other games and alienating the tiny fan base even further.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 13,894
    @MajorDSmythe, I bought it around the release after being pleasantly surprised by the beta, yet gave it away after a couple of weeks. It had a lot of promise but it had too many issues and was completely filled with bugs and glitches. Sounds like the game they tweaked it to 6-9 months later was what it should've been at launch but I had lost all interest by that point. The more news I see about it, the more it sounds like it's merely aping other games and alienating the tiny fan base even further.

Now that sounds a lot like No Man's Sky. It had a notoriously bad start, but is now, in 2019, in a good place.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Now that sounds a lot like No Man's Sky. It had a notoriously bad start, but is now, in 2019, in a good place.

That's ultimately my problem with games these days. They're almost never in a good place to start with and need to be fixed after the fact. Devs need to stop being forced into a position where they put out a broken or unfinished game.
    Never got to play the series, but last night watched a playthrough of Silent Hill 2. What an awesome game; I was entranced by the story and characters and atmosphere. Definitely going to check out at least 1 and 3 as well. I wish the SH games could be re-released for all modern systems so we could all experience them easier.

That's ultimately my problem with games these days. They're almost never in a good place to start with and need to be fixed after the fact. Devs need to stop being forced into a position where they put out a broken or unfinished game.

Exactly why I avoid day one purchases anymore. By doing that (or pre-ordering), you're telling developers and publishers that this type of thing is OK and that you want more of it. Look at the new Call of Duty: "sneaky" lootbox appearances in the future and the game didn't even work on launch, whereas PC owners couldn't even play the single player at that time due to the game requiring some online only presence to play it.

Exactly why I avoid day one purchases anymore. By doing that (or pre-ordering), you're telling developers and publishers that this type of thing is OK and that you want more of it. Look at the new Call of Duty: "sneaky" lootbox appearances in the future and the game didn't even work on launch, whereas PC owners couldn't even play the single player at that time due to the game requiring some online only presence to play it.

I'm beginning to lean this way, except for smaller titles. GAME sometimes won't stock small titles expect for pre-ordered copies.

I'm beginning to lean this way, except for smaller titles. GAME sometimes won't stock small titles expect for pre-ordered copies.

A shame that GAME is UK only. Any games I order anymore, I order online or digitally. Stopped giving GameStop (here in the States) my money years ago, scummy ass tactics and they rip you off on trade ins and used game prices. I try to stand by my principles more these days and not contradict myself.

A shame that GAME is UK only. Any games I order anymore, I order online or digitally. Stopped giving GameStop (here in the States) my money years ago, scummy ass tactics and they rip you off on trade ins and used game prices. I try to stand by my principles more these days and not contradict myself.

GAME can sometimes shaft us on trade-ins. But a few months back, I stumbled on a Youtube channel called MetalJesusRules. Seeing his collection made me want to build up my own collection. So I have tried to get into the habbit of not trading in games.
    Final trailer for Death Stranding: