Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    Great showing by Sony, plenty of great games to fill out the launch window. Really looking forward to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, the Spider-Man expansion, Demon's Souls remake, Hitman III as well as Deathloop and Horizon II: Forbidden West. Lots more that looked great but those are the titles I am most excited for. Console looks pretty slick too.

Can't wait for The Last Of Us Part II, it's getting near universal acclaim. It's holding at a 96 out of 100 on metacritic.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    i really like Hitman 2, it's in my top 3 along with Hitman (Hitman: The First Season), and Hitman Blood Money.

As for the PS5.I can't make my mind up on the design. I would be buying one until 2021 at the earliest. Let them iron out any wrinkles in it's design, and build up it's back catalogue first. My PS4 is still running as good as it should be, and I still have an ever growing shelf of games to work through. No need for me to move on just yet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sadly, it just felt like a downgrade from the "first season" - maps that are empty swathes at times and overly large at others, uninteresting targets, that odd, bungled release schedule and much smaller in terms of content compared to the first game. Just didn't feel like it had much in the way of proper additions that warranted a sequel and felt more like Hitman 1.5, also transferring over with the EXACT same bugs and glitches that, to this day, have yet to be patched. Doesn't keep me optimistic for this new one but I'm very passionate about the series so I'm sure I'll give it a go someday if it seems to be more of the same. I will admit, that Dubai map looks pretty wild.

I, too, have a ton of games in my backlog that I need to get to but I know I'll cave under the excitement of these new consoles and grab it day one, provided the launch lineup warrants it. Some of the titles I'm most excited for aren't dropping until 2021 so I may end up waiting, we'll see.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If they can get the PS5 to have full backwards compatability including the PS2 era, that would also tempt me. I still have my library of PS2 games, waiting for the day when I can just put them in to the latest generation of PS, and play.
    I don't see that happening, as eager as I was for that opportunity when the rumor mill fired up. It's also very disconcerting to see stuff like GTA V making its way to next gen consoles. We got four titles from the series in seven years (III, Vice City, San Andreas and IV) and now we'll have three separate generational versions of the same game in an eight year timeframe. Rockstar's still money hungry after all those billions, apparently.
    It won't happen, when they are pusing Playstation Now. With all the technology available to them, just let me put the damn disc in, and play PS2 games on the PS5.
    I'm a little disappointed we aren't following Peter Parker with the new Spider-Man game. It leads me to speculate that Gwen Stacy may be introduced as Spider-Gwen but this is just wishful thinking. I really appreciated seeing an older version of Peter Parker, so I'm not crazy about exploring Miles Morales, origin story when we explored a similar situation with Into the Spider-Verse.

I'm really looking forward to Horizon Forbidden West. I loved the first game and am looking forward to seeing what a sequel does. It looks breathtaking!
    It won't happen, when they are pusing Playstation Now. With all the technology available to them, just let me put the damn disc in, and play PS2 games on the PS5.

Which is a garbage service anyway, considering you need ridiculous Internet speeds to run most of those games. Should just be a straight up way to purchase/download older titles while still retaining a subscription. I would've tried out Now a long time ago if not for that.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Which is a garbage service anyway, considering you need ridiculous Internet speeds to run most of those games. Should just be a straight up way to purchase/download older titles while still retaining a subscription. I would've tried out Now a long time ago if not for that.

I'm not touching Playstation Now. They have created a second machine that doesn't take discs, the 'Digital Only' edition or something like that. Ok, then make a 3rd one that upscales older generation games. Even if I had to pay a little more, that is the one I would go for. With my PS2, PS3 and PS3 library, it would be worth it, imo.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 40,369

I'm not touching Playstation Now. They have created a second machine that doesn't take discs, the 'Digital Only' edition or something like that. Ok, then make a 3rd one that upscales older generation games. Even if I had to pay a little more, that is the one I would go for. With my PS2, PS3 and PS3 library, it would be worth it, imo.

A logical and cheaper version for some, until you realize that you can't ever resell your games, borrow games from friends or watch any sort of disc media on the console. It won't be worth the cheaper price tag at all for me.

But I'm right there with you, I'd pay so much more if it was a machine that ran all of the older generation titles.
  • I thought it was a good showing of the PS5. I really like the design as well, definitely went all-in on the futuristic look. I've been 'Team Xbox' since 360, but it may change in the next generation. Xbox is going to show their hand in July. I wonder what these consoles will cost? That's the next step: price and release date!
    I thought it was a good showing of the PS5. I really like the design as well, definitely went all-in on the futuristic look. I've been 'Team Xbox' since 360, but it may change in the next generation. Xbox is going to show their hand in July. I wonder what these consoles will cost? That's the next step: price and release date!

I was all for the Xbox during the 360 era but Sony won me over with the PS4 and it's definitely the case once again with the PS5.

The price point will definitely be interesting to see, though. I'm expecting somewhere around $500-700.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 13,882
    Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed (again) to November 19th, 2020:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-31171-Cyberpunk-2077-Delayed-Again--This-Time-Until-November.html

@MajorDSmythe, I remember playing a demo for maybe a BloodRayne sequel or something and it was very, very entertaining.
    Was it set in the modern day? If so, that was Bloodrayne 2. I hope this happenes, either Bloodrayne 3, or do what Capcom have been doing with Resident Evil, and make do a full remake from the ground up (same story, same characters, just with current gen graphics).

And I guess enough time has passed since those god awful films (though I maintain that Kristanna Loken was perfectly cast), those couldn't have helped Majesco in planning a Bloodrayne 3 at the time.
    Was it set in the modern day? If so, that was Bloodrayne 2. I hope this happenes, either Bloodrayne 3, or do what Capcom have been doing with Resident Evil, and make do a full remake from the ground up (same story, same characters, just with current gen graphics).

And I guess enough time has passed since those god awful films (though I maintain that Kristanna Loken was perfectly cast), those couldn't have helped Majesco in planning a Bloodrayne 3 at the time.

I remember coming out of a club or bar or something and fighting in a (possibly rainy) parking lot or service lot. I recall it being quite gory and having really fun ragdoll physics.

I remember coming out of a club or bar or something and fighting in a (possibly rainy) parking lot or service lot. I recall it being quite gory and having really fun ragdoll physics.

Oh that's Bloodrayne 2. Rayne had a chhain, which coudl be thrown out, hooked onto enemy npcs, and used to hurl them around to impale them, throw them into large fans or into meat grinders.

Oh that's Bloodrayne 2. Rayne had a chhain, which coudl be thrown out, hooked onto enemy npcs, and used to hurl them around to impale them, throw them into large fans or into meat grinders.

That's the one, then. I never bought the full game but I must've played that demo 50 or 100 times, couldn't get enough of it.
    If you have an XBox one, Bloodrayne 2 is backwards compatible. I will have to dig my copy out, I haven't played it for years.
    I wasn't interested in Ghost of Tsushima at first, but having looked into it more closely, it is now on my radar. Allthough when I will get around to playing it is a different matter entirely. My stack of games to get though just keeps growing.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 40,369
    I wasn't interested in Ghost of Tsushima at first, but having looked into it more closely, it is now on my radar. Allthough when I will get around to playing it is a different matter entirely. My stack of games to get though just keeps growing.

I've wanted a proper samurai game since I was a boy but I'm not sure why the gameplay I see for this one doesn't really wow or excite me. The lack of ragdolls (at least in what I've seen) is a bit of a downer, too. I'm sure it'll be a proper PS exclusive, though.

Speaking of, I wrapped up getting the Platinum Trophy on The Last Of Us 2 a few days after release and I really, really loved it. One of the only games I've bought day one in quite some time, couldn't help it since I loved the first one so much.

I've wanted a proper samurai game since I was a boy but I'm not sure why the gameplay I see for this one doesn't really wow or excite me. The lack of ragdolls (at least in what I've seen) is a bit of a downer, too. I'm sure it'll be a proper PS exclusive, though.

That is a bit of a let dow, yes. I don't know if it will be a day one purchase (probably won't be), but it is one I shall be keeping an eye on.
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/ubisoft_finds_yet_another_way_to_bring_back_sam_fisher_outside_of_a_splinter_cell_game

Ubisoft continue to be done deaf in listening to what we want. Oh, you want Sam Fisher? Well, here's Sam Fisher... in Rainbow Six: Siege.
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/ubisoft_finds_yet_another_way_to_bring_back_sam_fisher_outside_of_a_splinter_cell_game

Ubisoft continue to be done deaf in listening to what we want. Oh, you want Sam Fisher? Well, here's Sam Fisher... in Rainbow Six: Siege.

Thankfully I tend to boycott Ubisoft on principle or else this would be yet another reason to do so. It's like they're giving us Sam Fisher in every conceivable way except for the sole way fans are clamoring for: another game. I hope that recent rumor leak from the Italian voice actor of Sam is right and we get a next-gen showing from the property in 2021.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Thankfully I tend to boycott Ubisoft on principle or else this would be yet another reason to do so. It's like they're giving us Sam Fisher in every conceivable way except for the sole way fans are clamoring for: another game. I hope that recent rumor leak from the Italian voice actor of Sam is right and we get a next-gen showing from the property in 2021.

Next: Sam Fisher in Rayman!
    I will say for Ubisoft, that I have enjoyed Ghost Recon: Breakpoint*. A lot of noise was made over the microtransactions, but they are not as intrusive as they have been made out to be. Actually, I have found them not at all intrusive. I have been playing it since around relase, on and off, and in 40+ hours of playtime, I have not once paid for any microtransactions. I paid for the game, and that is it. I don't understand why some gamers have acted like microtransaction are a barrier in the game. They are really not.

*And no doubt I will end up buying the next AC game (as a fan of that series as well).
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 9,730
    I just dont get why Ubisoft is trying to screw the pooch with the franchise that made them.

I also had no idea there was a video game based on a jack ryan film
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I just dont get why Ubisoft is trying to screw the pooch with the franchise that made them.

The Sum of All Fears?

The Sum of All Fears?

Yup :D

The Sum of All Fears?

Yup :D

Playable but terrible. I seem to believe there's a Hunt for Red October game for MS-DOS or something.