NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    Someone wrote: »
    Skyfall's teaser came out 200 days after principle filing started. That would be a November teaser drop for NTTD.

Yeah but SP teaser came out two months before the SF one... so this means nothing. We know the teaser is ready to be released, it's happening.

SP's teaser came out 112 days after filming started. That would be 15 August for NTTD, with a 25 April start date. So, we're way beyond that already. For DC's films, I think the average duration between filming starting and a teaser drop is 153 days, which for NTTD is today. I think people are putting too much stock in BB's comment about the teaser coming soon. It could easily be GJBD or later.
    Nothing happened today yet re poster or teaser !!
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    matt_u wrote: »
    Skyfall's teaser came out 200 days after principle filing started. That would be a November teaser drop for NTTD.

Yeah but SP teaser came out two months before the SF one... so this means nothing. We know the teaser is ready to be released, it's happening.

SP's teaser came out 112 days after filming started. That would be 15 August for NTTD, with a 25 April start date. So, we're way beyond that already. For DC's films, I think the average duration between filming starting and a teaser drop is 153 days, which for NTTD is today. I think people are putting too much stock in BB's comment about the teaser coming soon. It could easily be GJBD or later.

Here's the thing - we know, not just from BB's comment - that the teaser is basically ready to go. Working out a marketing timeline - they'll no doubt want a full trailer in December with Star Wars. Joker's coming up next week that's gonna have a bunch of new trailers debuting to play with it (so far basically confirmed: Mendes' 1917, Zombieland 2, The Good Liar, Birds of Prey) and it's gonna likely be the biggest release of the month if not the autumn (with the exception of maybe Frozen 2). They'll no doubt want those eyeballs in cinemas on the trailer.

So if the trailer is indeed ready I'd be shocked if it's not out by James Bond Day on the 5th at the latest.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Nothing happened today yet re poster or teaser !!

Best times to check in would be 2pm and 4 / 5pm UK time
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I think people are putting too much stock in BB's comment about the teaser coming soon. It could easily be GJBD or later.

I mean, it's not like GJBD is far to come, it's next week.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Seems like the quiet before the storm around here.

Will it drop unannounced today between 2pm and 4pm?

Or will it arrive in the 5th, which is a Saturday. Or the 2nd, a week from now?

It's like the blitz all over again. Kidding of course, but I bet they know we're eager.

Cmon EON, do it. Drop it today. We'll have a blast, the net will come crashing down with fandom hysteria.

EDIT: So, ..., nothing. Damn.
    We can officially strike today off..
    antovolk wrote: »
    We can officially strike today off..

Yep, damn!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Bring on October 5th?!
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I'd settle with a poster for this week at least.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Interesting that teaser trailers for SP, SF and QOS producers didnt release on traditional for trailers Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. It was Monday or Friday basically.
  • James_StJohnSmytheJames_StJohnSmythe Twitter: @J_StJS /// https://www.instagram.com/james_st_john_smythe/
    https://twitter.com/marketto007/status/1177195867113172993

"Teaser Poster and Trailer for #NoTimeToDie are finished and about to be revealed to the world. Sting and Jack Savoretti in final talks to sing the theme-tune for the movie."

"Teaser Poster and Trailer for #NoTimeToDie are finished and about to be revealed to the world. Sting and Jack Savoretti in final talks to sing the theme-tune for the movie."

OMG!!!!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Big if true. It would also make DC the only Bond with more male-sung themes.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

If it's true about Sting then Cary definitely had huge impact on producers in the question of choosing the title song.
    Sting duet with Jack Savoretti would be pretty classy.
    Yay! No Ed Sheeran!
    Remind me, how many times have marketto007's sources been wrong? Next!
  • RC7RC7
    Not sure exactly how you market ‘Sting and Jack Savoretti’... the one way to appeal to a younger audience without compromising the integrity of the film is to appoint a relevant title artist. It’s their ace in the hole.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,311
    I hope @marketto007 is right. And even if not, I would be all for this Jack Savoretti, whom I had not heard of until 10 minutes ago.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited September 2019 Posts: 8,009
    RC7 wrote: »
    Not sure exactly how you market ‘Sting and Jack Savoretti’... the one way to appeal to a younger audience without compromising the integrity of the film is to appoint a relevant title artist. It’s their ace in the hole.

While I know in my heart of hearts that you are right, this is the first suggestion beyond the Arctic Monkeys that hasn't made me roll my eyes so hard it causes a migraine.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,277

I haven't confirmed anything. But yes, you're right, I'm always wrong. Don't have any credits. Ban me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Constantly? Nobody's right 100% of the time, but he's delivered more than enough scoops and inside bits to have unquestionable credibility here.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I see that they didn't manage to cure you of being an absolute tosser while you were recovering from your ailments.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,157

Does Bond even have a younger audience? I'm 23 and I've never met a Bond fan younger than me - heck, the only Bond fans I've met could be my parents. Younglings don't even seem to care about Bond at all.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Walecs wrote: »

Does Bond even have a younger audience? I'm 23 and I've never met a Bond fan younger than me - heck, the only Bond fans I've met could be my parents. Younglings don't even seem to care about Bond at all.
    A lot of younger fans where I live. And I'm sure there are tons in the UK.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    This seems very questionable, first of all someone asked him in his twitter post when he thought it would be released to which he replied by October 5th... giving him plenty of time to be right to some degree. The fact that some “source” gave this to him and he released it online immediately tells me either his source has no care for his job status or has nothing to do with the film and is feeding him fake information. Or the worst case scenario, he is making it up to get responses on social media.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    skropper13 wrote: »
    This seems very questionable, first of all someone asked him in his twitter post when he thought it would be released to which he replied by October 5th... giving him plenty of time to be right to some degree. The fact that some “source” gave this to him and he released it online immediately tells me either his source has no care for his job status or has nothing to do with the film and is feeding him fake information. Or the worst case scenario, he is making it up to get responses on social media.

Yes. I need more followers. You are right.
    jake24 wrote: »

Same here. My nephews and their friends have been Bond fans all through their teens and now, entering their 20's, are still fans, particularly of Craig.

jake24 wrote: »

I should have never left London, then. I kind of miss living there.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    People should be more respectful of @marketto007 . Being a South American he uncovered A LOT of information that was proven right, something people in the US or Europe didn't. One of them was that Javier Bardem's character in Skyfall was Silva. I remember well.

I know he's a true Bond fan and he loves what he does. And true Bond fans who love what they do don't clickbait or speculate with sensitive news such as this one. Will he be right? I don't know. Sometimes EON change their minds in the last minute, but that doesn't mean that his information was wrong or that he was looking for "followers".

I think JamesBondBrasil.com speaks for his great job among the James Bond community. And as a fellow Latin American his task is really admirable. I wish I could have uncovered half of the scoops he did in any of my pages!