NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    antovolk wrote: »
    Yeah, per the MI6-HQ guys it's been finished for a couple weeks so none of the Matera stuff could realistically be in it anyway.
    Surely, then it will be released in the next 1 or 2 weeks, right? If they didn't plan on releasing it very soon, then they would have finished it later and would have included at least some of the Matera stuff.

Yeah, this makes sense. Finger crossed for next week.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    I hope it will be end of November. Nicely late. Making the fans in here even more...... :P :)) X_X =P~
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Yeah, per the MI6-HQ guys it's been finished for a couple weeks so none of the Matera stuff could realistically be in it anyway.

A lot of the second unit stuff with the DB5 was filmed a few weeks ago, shortly before we heard of that "rough cut". So I'm sure they could've easily implemented one of those DB5 shots in an action montage if they wanted to.
  • antovolk wrote: »
    I did a fun thread last night about the differences and similarities between the Bond teasers of old:

Have to agree though on just how good that GoldenEye one is.

Curious observations.

I think there is a clear formula to Bond trailers. Especially the DC films.

I think they really need to keep to the main talking points of the film and condense them into a 2 minute trailer. Them being:
    1. It's Daniel Craig's last movie: They need to sell that sense of finality.
    2. "Rami Malek is so hot right now": For many people who are either casual viewers or have no interest, Malek is the biggest draw.
    3. The Female 007: Love it or hate it, it's designed to generate conversation and interest.
    4. The Formula: People expect exotic locations, gorgeous women, action. So the trailer will focus around 90% on this.
    Considering the rumours, I think Ad Astra is a very good bet. This may be false hope - but the trailer is imminent. I know @antovolk thinks it will likely drop with Joker. But there is a hideous outside chance that it drops with Gemini Man which comes out 11 October 2019. That would be around the same time the Skyfall trailer dropped...............

Shocking to think that this dropped around 6 months after filming commenced.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    By the end of this month a trailer release is guaranteed, I suppose.
    Don't get me wrong @Pierce2Daniel, would *love* for it to be with Ad Astra next week to be honest!

Out of all the things I really do hope they take advantage of this film being Craig's last and up that sense of finality in the marketing. As blasphemic as the concept might be to some, a Bond film being an ending for the first time is an incredibly appealing concept and easy hook to lure people in. And today's audiences won't get confused when in 4/5 years we get Bond 26 with a new actor and supporting cast.

Not that this specific piece should necessarily be the template but something like this integrating the preceding Craig films would be cool at some point:
    That YOLT trailer is hideous but hilarious 😂😂😂 I wonder if the NTTD Title sequence will include scenes from CR-SP.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I'm being told 25th of September. I wish I'm wrong and it would arrive sooner...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,834
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I'm being told 25th of September. I wish I'm wrong and it would arrive sooner...
    @ggl007 Still though - 9 days would be okay with me :D

Also, the 25th is being used in many other ways it seems.

25th April - Live Reveal
    25th June - Behind the Scenes in Jamaica
    25th September - Teaser Trailer??

I wonder what we'll get in November haha :D
    Walecs wrote: »
    That YOLT trailer is hideous but hilarious 😂😂😂 I wonder if the NTTD Title sequence will include scenes from CR-SP.
    They already did in SP

I'm happy with that date if true - still in time for Joker of course!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    They already did in SP

I know, I've watched it too. That's why I'm dubious whether it'll happen.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The first full full trailer will be revealed for Star Wars. It has to be. Right? That means the teaser would need to be out by mid October, at the latest.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @TripAces It will probably be attatched to a Universal film, rather than a Disney film.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @TripAces It will probably be attatched to a Universal film, rather than a Disney film.

Doesn't have to be though - having to be attached with the same studio thing is a bit of a misconception. If the Sep 25 online date is true, the teaser will be no doubt placed with Joker. Absolutely everyone will be getting their big trailers with Star Wars...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

The only 2 wide release for Universal in December are: Black Christmas (a horror film) and Cats (a musical). The latest Star Wars film is more likely for the full trailer for NTTD.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I actually won't be surprised if they leave the full trailer till next year, but my bets on the end of November.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,416
    @ggl007 Still though - 9 days would be okay with me :D

Also, the 25th is being used in many other ways it seems.

25th April - Live Reveal
    25th June - Behind the Scenes in Jamaica
    25th September - Teaser Trailer??

I wonder what we'll get in November haha :D

January. First one month in between, then two...

Only one trailer on 25 September and Title singer... on 25 January :P

Then 29 February .... extra day time for another / final trailer. :!!

I'm happy with that date if true - still in time for Joker of course!

Well it’s time.
    Univex wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Will always watch the trailers for sure!

Is it weird if I say I get the same exhilarating feeling of watching the film for the first time when I watch the trailer for the first time? So it's a win now win later situation for me.

Then again, I've always loved trailers. It's a lost art, as far as I'm concerned. There are few and few good trailers nowadays. They used to be rubbish in the 50s and 60s and then they reached gold era heights in the 80s and 90s, only to be ruined again by those mini-trailer-teasers-of-the-teaser-trailer-whatumamacallit-nonsense they have that usually ruin the entire plot and have all the best scenes in it. Gone are the voiceovers, the symbolic teaser, the trailer titles, all of its art. Still, I do like myself a good trailer. The new Top Gun trailer and the Fallout trailer struck some cords, they were done the right way, and were very rewatchable.

What was the best Craig era teaser/tailer combo, in your opinion(s)?

There seems to be a formula for modern trailers. Many today omit the voice over narration that was prominent in the '80s and '90's instead substituting for dialogue from the film. Watching the SF teaser again reminded me how excited I was for that film, yet it could have been for any random suspense thriller. The SP teaser I felt the same way. My favorite Bond teaser trailer is probably GE. That truly emphasized that Bond is back. It would be nice if there was a similar feeling for NTTD. A celebration of Bond finally returning to the big screen.
    NTTD teaser trailer and the premiere of the new The Good Place season will both be out next week, it's gonna be an exciting week for me :D
    I'm currently in hospital with pneumonia (it was pretty severe when I arrived on Monday, now it's much better) and will likely go home next Monday. So a trailer on Wednesday would be excellent!
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    I'm currently in hospital with pneumonia (it was pretty severe when I arrived on Monday, now it's much better) and will likely go home next Monday. So a trailer on Wednesday would be excellent!

Hey dude. That's bloody awful. Get well soon bud. Big hugs from Dutch dude Gert >:D<

Damn, that's awful indeed! I wish you all the best, mate :)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

That's terrible, get well soon mate
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Are you sure it's pneumonia? Or did someone put thallium in your cell phone?

Just kidding. I thought you'd appreciate the humor.

Get well soon.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    New Liam Gallagher album today. Need a trailer tomorrow to end the week perfectly lol.

Get well soon. Kind regards.

Remington wrote: »
    New Liam Gallagher album today. Need a trailer tomorrow to end the week perfectly lol.

Perfect perfect would be if we had a trailer and Gallagher doing the song. Now that would be perfect ;)
    Univex wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »

Perfect perfect would be if we had a trailer and Gallagher doing the song. Now that would be perfect ;)

Perfection would be Arctic Monkeys.