"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This Twitter question on ESPN made me laugh... Should Arsenal be able to sue Chelsea over how badly David Luiz has played?
    This Twitter question on ESPN made me laugh... Should Arsenal be able to sue Chelsea over how badly David Luiz has played?

Yes, definitely!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Not too surprising that since Poch mentioned that he might leave if they won the champions league that spurs have been terrible since. The fella was way too emotional after Ajax aswell lol
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    City were really poor today. missed a few easy chances...overrated each and every one.
  • RC7RC7
    City were really poor today. missed a few easy chances...overrated each and every one.

Very good.
    Aaah young academy Englishman Saka starts for us today (Arsenal) ,brilliant!!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Aaah young academy Englishman Saka starts for us today (Arsenal) ,brilliant!!

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Ole’s at the wheel =))
    FFS, Arsenal…
    0-1 already apparently..... the usual then.
    I’m used to it even though I’ve watched Arsenal since 1977.
    I just don’t get annoyed anymore.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,294
    0-1 already apparently..... the usual then.
    I’m used to it even though I’ve watched Arsenal since 1977.
    I just don’t get annoyed anymore.

Emery to get the sack soon, I imagine. This can't go on.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles second yellow. Arsenal down to ten men, and this game will be all about damage limitation.

Horrible start to the season for Arsenal, and it's not getting any better…
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Maitland-Niles now sent off I hear - oh happy happy Sunday.

Than God I have a lovely joint of beef roasting in the oven and my wife relaxing watching her Filipina tv or I would kick off big time.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Spurs, United, Chelsea and Arsenal are as bad as each other which is the only consolation for all teams mentioned
    Mainland-Niles now sent off I hear - oh happy happy Sunday.

Than God I have a lovely joint of beef roasting in the oven and my wife relaxing watching her Filipina tv or I would kick off big time.

Wonder what Emery will do now. Can't see Arsenal getting anything from this game, and 8 points in 6 games is very, very bad.

Wonder what Emery will do now. Can't see Arsenal getting anything from this game, and 8 points in 6 games is very, very bad.

I’m close to not giving a shit tbh.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    FFS, Arsenal…

cant understand why two central defenders weren't bought during the summer? but come on the villa, supporting the local teams today. wolves did okay as well.
    FFS, Arsenal…

cant understand why two central defenders weren't bought during the summer? but come on the villa, supporting the local teams today. wolves did okay as well.

Two were bought, but Saliba spends the rest of the season at Saint-Étienne. Meanwhile, David Luiz has been horrible so far.

I’m close to not giving a shit tbh.

I'm starting to wonder if Freddie will be interim manager by christmas…
    Villa ahead again after Pepe penalty
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points

Won't get a good season playing like that though.
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points

I bet you and Barry007 are relieved my friend. :))

Disappointed we lost yesterday to Burnley but they are a well established Premier League team. OTBC!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points

Taking the liberty of speaking for @barryt007, saying that we certainly are! Following Arsenal is quite a roller-coaster!
    Disappointed we lost yesterday to Burnley but they are a well established Premier League team. OTBC!!!

To be expected in the first season back in the PL, but I'm sure Norwich will manage to get the points needed - especially when playing at home!
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points

Taking the liberty of speaking for @barryt007, saying that we certainly are! Following Arsenal is quite a roller-coaster!

To be expected in the first season back in the PL, but I'm sure Norwich will manage to get the points needed - especially when playing at home!

Supporting my beloved Norwich is a rollercoaster ride too! :))
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points

It never gets boring though, that's for sure!
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points

That's why I love it so much! I must be mad! 8-} :))
    giphy.gif

3 points is 3 points

That's why I love it so much! I must be mad! 8-} :))

We all are, I think. :-?