No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,277

Wait?!?!? @marketto007 you are a man seriously in the know about these kind of things. You visited the set of Spectre after all and have links with Sony.

Are you saying that Bond 25 is called ‘007’?

No dude, pure speculation.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343
    titles ... just my opinion, of course:

Spectre was lazy. 007 would be lazy.
    And I just don't like it.
    Swan Song is simply annoying to me.
    Didn't like A Reason To Die either. Awful.

So I'm still going with: MeToo (with or without the hashtag) ;)

Loved Spectre as a title. Sounds cool, it's one of the most famous names associated to the Bond world, plus in the film it doesn't merely refer to the organisation itself.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Swansong and 007 are my two least favorite title ideas I’ve heard. Would be a bummer to get either one.

+1!
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "007: Property of a Lady" for title would make sense.

I simply hate the idea of a title resembling the premise that Bond is not 007 in the film.

Wait?!?!? @marketto007 you are a man seriously in the know about these kind of things. You visited the set of Spectre after all and have links with Sony.

No dude, unfortunately is pure speculation.

*Fortunately. :)
    titles ... just my opinion, of course:

Spectre was lazy. 007 would be lazy.
    And I just don't like it.
    Swan Song is simply annoying to me.
    Didn't like A Reason To Die either. Awful.

So I'm still going with: MeToo (with or without the hashtag) ;)
    Yes, awful! People can have opinions over things!

Maybe they should just leave it untitled, so the people who will like the title and the people who will dislike it will all be satisfied.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I find it amusing , and frustrating, to read posts that are intentionally contrarian, and provocative; the intent is so obvious.
    I have little doubt that if the majority were thrilled with the casting of Lynch, that the same contrarians would be her detractors.
    So obvious...
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,126
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Cary recently started following on Insta Naomi Schiff, a race car driver. I’d bet money that she’s doubling for Lashana Lynch driving the Valhalla. This is basically confirmed by the fact that Schiff is following ALL of these related accounts: Fukunaga,Lynch, Jon Mallard and the official 007 account on Insta:

Why were the Scottish press so useless getting any photos this week?!? Baffling!

Wow! They should have screentested her for the role. I wonder if she can act 🤔

I know! She's gorgeous.

But, Lashana is pretty stunning too!!!!

l-actrice-lashana-lynch-en-fevrier-2019_6198538.jpg

Here's a video on Naomi Schiff racing:

@Pierce2Daniel yeah I think they should swap.

No and it's not going to happen.

I repeat: time for some big B25 news because... X( [-X

@JamesCraig ? I wasn't like I was demanding it I just hey she looks cool maybe she would look better you don't have to get all offensive.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Cary recently started following on Insta Naomi Schiff, a race car driver. I’d bet money that she’s doubling for Lashana Lynch driving the Valhalla. This is basically confirmed by the fact that Schiff is following ALL of these related accounts: Fukunaga,Lynch, Jon Mallard and the official 007 account on Insta:

Why were the Scottish press so useless getting any photos this week?!? Baffling!

Wow! They should have screentested her for the role. I wonder if she can act 🤔

I know! She's gorgeous.

But, Lashana is pretty stunning too!!!!

l-actrice-lashana-lynch-en-fevrier-2019_6198538.jpg

Here's a video on Naomi Schiff racing:

@Pierce2Daniel yeah I think they should swap.

No and it's not going to happen.

I repeat: time for some big B25 news because... X( [-X

@JamesCraig ? I wasn't like I was demanding it I just hey she looks cool maybe she would look better you don't have to get all offensive.

Based on the glimpse we saw about Jamaica, Lynch looks quite cool.

I think Bond will met her in Jamaica and he will try to seduce her without knowing she indeed took his codename.

Then he will come back to MI6 for a briefing with M. At that point M will call 007 inside the room and Bond, shocked, turns around and sees Lynch coming in. We’ll see. :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Ok, EON should just title it "Secret Agent Man"
    That covers all the bases, including giving us the retro title song! ;)

On a serious note, I am happy with the entire cast. I think Latasha looks to be a great decision. I actually don't know Ana's work, but she seems lovely enough. And of course that's a bald cap; she already said so in another post.

I must say I am still the most happy about Jeffrey returning. I let out a yell when I first read that news.
    There will be a lot of Nomi fans by April 2020.............
    And less Bond fans...
    Ok, EON should just title it "Secret Agent Man"
    That covers all the bases, including giving us the retro title song! ;)

Or like CR’s chapter title 1: The Secret Agent. :D
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    "code number 007" could be great imo...
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I sincerely hope for a Fleming title. I still like „Risico“ but let‘s see. James Bond will be 007 at the end of the movie. And I doubt the film will feel too „PC“ ... I have nothing against a or more strong female characters in this movie ... think Fiona Volpe or Xenia Onatopp and so on.

My only fear is any more „Austin Powers“-reference like SP had. And please no copy of „Logan“ - there‘s no need to kill off Bond in the end. I‘d like a GF-type ending - that would be my favourite, means: Bond and the girl (Ana, if I could chose) in some lightweight scene after all the action is over.

One thing I honestly would like to see would be more interaction between Bond and Moneypenny - showing the special kind of relationship they have. An evolution of the Connery-era kind of heat between them without them ending up in bed or so. Imho that was one thing well done in SP.
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Bond and the girl (Ana, if I could chose) in some lightweight scene after all the action is over.

You know you’re going to be disappointed, do you?

100% agreed regarding Bond and Moneypenny.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    From this italian newspaper: https://it.blastingnews.com/lavoro/2019/07/casting-per-bond-25-con-daniel-craig-e-per-progetti-della-casa-di-produzione-x-movie-002956133.html

"I primi casting si svolgeranno a partire dalla mattinata del prossimo primo agosto a Matera presso gli uffici della 'Spoletini Casting' (Paip 2) a Via delle Comunicazioni (come riferimento, accanto al bar 'Zelig 2.0'), per proseguire poi nei giorni successivi fino al raggiungimento del numero necessario di comparse."

Meaning the casting for the extras will begin on August 1st (morning) and will continue until the expected number (~900) is reached.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    New video from the set (presumedly in Italy) - looking good......

Also, Ed Sheeran is rumoured for the title song:

Also, Dan Romer's team are excited for his appointment:

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I swear I'll kill myself if Sheeran sings the theme song.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Walecs wrote: »
    I swear I'll kill myself if Sheeran sings the theme song.

You mean that s the final straw? Seems like an overreaction, but I agree he would be a horrible choice.

No dude, pure speculation.

I'm glad that was just speculation.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

At least that makes one of us. I'm still lamenting over Arnold.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

At least that makes one of us. I'm still lamenting over Arnold.

The stuff I've heard from him sounds even less suitable than Newman's.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677

So, an operatic scene in Italy? Brilliant. I'm all for that. What a classy setting. Nice find, @Pierce2Daniel. So, costumes will be there tomorrow. Anyone can make out what that particular music piece is, or where its from? And it seems it'll be another night scene, right? We're getting quite a few night scenes in this one.

That being said, who's this Roy fella? Could he be pulling our legs and making all of this up? He's the one who took the pic of the yacht with the helicopter on it a couple of days ago, right? I don't know, are you sure he's for real, @Pierce2Daniel?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Univex I checked IMDb and apparently there's a location manager called Rob Campbell-Bell. Is it him?

...Or not cause his twitter's very confusing haha :D
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @Univex I checked IMDb and apparently there's a location manager called Rob Campbell-Bell. Is it him?

...Or not cause his twitter's very confusing haha :D

Yeah, that's the thing. I've no ideia of who this guy really is. He could be hustling us.
    I will take that video with a pinch of salt for now then.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Was it ever revealed when exactly in August they would be heading to Matera?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Red_Snow wrote: »

How I would love to meet Daniel. He seems like such a genuine individual, and very down to earth.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Was it ever revealed when exactly in August they would be heading to Matera?

It seems that the official authorization for using the various locations from set preparation until the end of filming has been delivered from July 15th until October 4th but the effective date is not indicated for starting it although I guess some scenes could be done on August 15th (Assumption in Matera might be featured: just speculation from some articles in Italian newspapers).

sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-25-a-matera-nino-sangerardi-eon-production-versa-40-mila-300-euro-al-comune-di-matera/

"L’autorizzazione firmata dal Municipio concerne la preparazione del set,prove filmate,riprese e conseguente ripristino dello stato dei luoghi dal 15 luglio al 4 ottobre 2019. Le aree interessate sono il centro storico,rioni sassi,parco murgia materana. Diverse unità di produzione utilizzeranno macchine da presa, dolly, technocrane, crane, gru, drone, cable cam, quad e, dulcis in fundo, russian arm."
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Univex wrote: »

So, an operatic scene in Italy? Brilliant. I'm all for that. What a classy setting. Nice find, @Pierce2Daniel. So, costumes will be there tomorrow. Anyone can make out what that particular music piece is, or where its from? And it seems it'll be another night scene, right? We're getting quite a few night scenes in this one.

That being said, who's this Roy fella? Could he be pulling our legs and making all of this up? He's the one who took the pic of the yacht with the helicopter on it a couple of days ago, right? I don't know, are you sure he's for real, @Pierce2Daniel?

Bond at night is what I always like sneaky Bond.
    That Italy scene already looks great!