• edited July 2019 Posts: 17,295
    Fukunaga has posted a new Instagram story:

sdtk1II.png
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Fukunaga has posted a new Instagram story:

sdtk1II.png

:-j
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Could it be that there are so many Astons in the film because there is a bunch of double-O agents involved?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Could it be that there are so many Astons in the film because there is a bunch of double-O agents involved?

DB5 being destroyed in the PTS.
    Valhalla for Nomi.
    V8 for Bond once he comes back to MI6.

My 2 cents. I'm eager to know if the Valhalla will feature in the Italian shoots.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Univex wrote: »
    How good were the days when Bond could drive a white lotus and no one would dream of complaining...
    Hear hear!

It´s a shame the Valhalla gets so much hate. The DB11, now that was a hideous design. The Valhalla is a Fantasy car which would enrich the film through the contrast alone even if Bond would drive it himself. He shouldn´t own it or get it from Q, I would agree on that, but he could definitely drive it.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I have a £100 bet on that the trailer AND title will be here by this time next week:

I still think this will be it:
    4wTWxrA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    boldfinger wrote: »
    How good were the days when Bond could drive a white lotus and no one would dream of complaining...
    Hear hear!

It´s a shame the Valhalla gets so much hate. The DB11, now that was a hideous design. The Valhalla is a Fantasy car which would enrich the film through the contrast alone even if Bond would drive it himself. He shouldn´t own it or get it from Q, I would agree on that, but he could definitely drive it.

Don't you mean the DB10?
    @JamesCraig, you´re correct! I mixed up DBS - DB10 with DB10 - DB11. The DBS in CR fit Bond´s persona like a glove. The DB10 in SP is a gross misinterpretation of what taste means. But then, so is most of that film.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @JamesCraig, you´re correct! I mixed up DBS - DB10 with DB10 - DB11. The DBS in CR fit Bond´s persona like a glove. The DB10 in SP is a gross misinterpretation of what taste means. But then, so is most of that film.

;)

The interior of the DB10 is ugly, but I do like the rest of the car. They should've used it's nose for the Vantage, or at least stayed closer to it.

Anyway, Bond obtaining his DBS in CR is actually one of my favorite moments in the entire series.
    I have a £100 bet on that the trailer AND title will be here by this time next week:

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

It's really, really time now.
    Why next week??
    Why next week??

Coz da world will end. It's all part of the plot.
    Why next week??

Because, this is the biggest release until Chirstmas...
    fid19250.jpg

From the studio that are releasing Bond 25...
    maxresdefault.jpg

There is an outside chance that it won't come......HOWEVER........is that is the case, then the trailer/poster will come mid August - sometime around 10-17th August as that is when Bond 25 will head to Italy and the world's press will invited to cover the event.

Much as ALL of the Daniel Craig Bond films have invited the press to an international location. For example, see below:

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/11-Major-Things-We-Learned-From-Set-Spectre-James-Bond-Movie-70562.html

http://collider.com/spectre-theme-song-script-locations-casting/

http://collider.com/skyfall-james-bond-set-visit-istanbul/

Things will be very very busy in August for certain. Then it will go very very quiet till December/January.
    Bond & Swann
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So there’s a chance we could still get a trailer/title reveal next month when they move production to Matera?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yeah my bet is on Matera being the title reveal, as for "Swan Song", not really a fan of that title. Now if the title track was called that I wouldn't mind, just not the name of the film.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Barbara Broccoli's Eon Productions Presents Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond in
    Boom Shot Dis
    It makes a ton of sense to invite the world's press to Matera, I think @Pierce2Daniel is correct in his assumptions about what will happen.

Not only is it that glamorous Bond-type location which will help sell the film, but (if rumors are to be believed) it's also the opening sequence of the film. Which means they can talk about what's happening - the sequence, the story, etc. - in more detail without the worry that potentially major spoilers for the entire film will result. If they'd bought the full press contingent to the MI6 scenes shot in London, for example, that may have been considerably more difficult.

I'd also agree, from a marketing perspective, that a title (at the very least) needs to be revealed at or in advance of such an event, because they'll want to build brand/narrative equity in it via all that press coverage the event receives. And because, frankly, they're already overdue to reveal.

Title (and poster) I'd bet on for sure, if such an event happens. I think it would do them a universe ;) of good to have a trailer too, but I'm just a fan who's craving one, so my opinion could be biased.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    It makes a ton of sense to invite the world's press to Matera, I think @Pierce2Daniel is correct in his assumptions about what will happen.

Not only is it that glamorous Bond-type location which will help sell the film, but (if rumors are to be believed) it's also the opening sequence of the film. Which means they can talk about what's happening - the sequence, the story, etc. - in more detail without the worry that potentially major spoilers for the entire film will result. If they'd bought the full press contingent to the MI6 scenes shot in London, for example, that may have been considerably more difficult.

I'd also agree, from a marketing perspective, that a title (at the very least) needs to be revealed at or in advance of such an event, because they'll want to build brand/narrative equity in it via all that press coverage the event receives. And because, frankly, they're already overdue to reveal.

Title (and poster) I'd bet on for sure, if such an event happens. I think it would do them a universe ;) of good to have a trailer too, but I'm just a fan who's craving one, so my opinion could be biased.

Very well said.

The title will only be revealed with the trailer - much like Endgame and Rise of Skywalker.

I think you'll get the trailer next week AND the Matera press junket in mid-August.

It be foolish of Eon to do a whole junket only to reveal the title once the press have reported on filming. They will want maximum exposure for the title as the film won't have a Marvel or Star Wars subtitle where there is a colon (':').

The title is the title.

Therefore it needs maximum exposure and has to be instilled in the public's mind as the title for the next Bond film.

Very well said.

The title will only be revealed with the trailer - much like Endgame and Rise of Skywalker.

I think you'll get the trailer next week AND the Matera press junket in mid-August.

I hope you're correct on all of that.

Title reveal in the trailer would be so thrilling.
    Cary recently started following on Insta Naomi Schiff, a race car driver. I’d bet money that she’s doubling for Lashana Lynch driving the Valhalla. This is basically confirmed by the fact that Schiff is following ALL of these related accounts: Fukunaga,Lynch, Jon Mallard and the official 007 account on Insta:

Why were the Scottish press so useless getting any photos this week?!? Baffling!
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Because of the “heat” ;)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited July 2019 Posts: 524

Very well said.

It be foolish of Eon to do a whole junket only to reveal the title once the press have reported on filming. They will want maximum exposure for the title as the film won't have a Marvel or Star Wars subtitle where there is a colon (':').

The title is the title.

Therefore it needs maximum exposure and has to be instilled in the public's mind as the title for the next Bond film.

This may sound very stupid, but could they be tripling down on exposure? Films like Bond want to be in the press constantly, they want to be talked about (in a positive way, preferably).

The Bond 25 social media team kinda dropped the ball with The Sun getting those incident reports out, but since that picture of Craig working out, they've been on top of things, sometimes posting events very close together.

Since then, we've seen:
    • 15/06: Photo of Craig training
    • 18/06: the Omaze video campaign
    • 20/06: Prince Charles visits the set, cars revealed
    • 25/06: Behind-the-scenes sizzle reel in Jamaica
    • 30/06: Shooting on location in London
    • 11 - 14/07: 007 at the British GP
    • 12/07: filming in Hammersmith (which did not cause a giant stir outside the Bond fanpages)
    • 22/07: photo of all cars together (this, too, didn't get much publicity)

So, needless to say, they need something new. What if they did a little teaser (just a graphic design) at the beginning of the week, giving people a countdown on the teaser and flashing the title at the end, then release the teaser in full at the end of the week, with a press conference in Matera somewhere in August.

It would mean that media will report on Bond at the beginning of the week on the title, cementing the idea of the teaser coming out in the public's eye, and then actually having the teaser at the end of the week. Double exposure in just one week.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Cary recently started following on Insta Naomi Schiff, a race car driver. I’d bet money that she’s doubling for Lashana Lynch driving the Valhalla. This is basically confirmed by the fact that Schiff is following ALL of these related accounts: Fukunaga,Lynch, Jon Mallard and the official 007 account on Insta:

Why were the Scottish press so useless getting any photos this week?!? Baffling!

Wow! They should have screentested her for the role. I wonder if she can act 🤔
    talos7 wrote: »

I know! She's gorgeous.

But, Lashana is pretty stunning too!!!!

l-actrice-lashana-lynch-en-fevrier-2019_6198538.jpg

Here's a video on Naomi Schiff racing:
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    We have different definitions for stunning...
  • talos7 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing!
    talos7 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing!

Me too.

gHmFi9T.jpg

I'm looking so forward to Lashana Lynch absolutely stealing Bond 25 - she's destined to be the breakout star of this film. Not just because she's the 'diversity' pick, but because she's a terrific actress and a great actress.

There will be a lot of Nomi fans by April 2020.............

DlVS8SQW0AAx0YL?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    DlVS8SPXgAAYJpS?format=jpg&name=4096x4096