No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    So cool seeing the Valhalla getting chased by a helicopter! Reminds me of TSWLM!!!!!!

I was initially rather surprised by the Valhalla's inclusion. It seemed 'too sporty' for a Bond film.

Bond often drives more elegant vehicles - arguably, they are a little on the dainty and precious side.

However, the Valhalla has really won me over. It has a really cool, dangerous look. Plus, I think Nomi will drive it and it will be used to contrast the new younger 007 against the older 007 in the V8. Smart idea.

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-12.jpg

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-33.jpg

It says 003 at the back. Interesting..... The plot thickens.

She's 003?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,588
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    So cool seeing the Valhalla getting chased by a helicopter! Reminds me of TSWLM!!!!!!

I was initially rather surprised by the Valhalla's inclusion. It seemed 'too sporty' for a Bond film.

Bond often drives more elegant vehicles - arguably, they are a little on the dainty and precious side.

However, the Valhalla has really won me over. It has a really cool, dangerous look. Plus, I think Nomi will drive it and it will be used to contrast the new younger 007 against the older 007 in the V8. Smart idea.

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-12.jpg

aston-martin-003-geneva-2019-33.jpg

It says 003 at the back. Interesting..... The plot thickens.

She's 003?
    That was the codename for the car before AM announced it as "Valhalla"
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,126
    talos7 wrote: »
    Cary recently started following on Insta Naomi Schiff, a race car driver. I’d bet money that she’s doubling for Lashana Lynch driving the Valhalla. This is basically confirmed by the fact that Schiff is following ALL of these related accounts: Fukunaga,Lynch, Jon Mallard and the official 007 account on Insta:

Why were the Scottish press so useless getting any photos this week?!? Baffling!

Wow! They should have screentested her for the role. I wonder if she can act 🤔

I know! She's gorgeous.

But, Lashana is pretty stunning too!!!!

l-actrice-lashana-lynch-en-fevrier-2019_6198538.jpg

Here's a video on Naomi Schiff racing:

@Pierce2Daniel yeah I think they should swap.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Cary recently started following on Insta Naomi Schiff, a race car driver. I’d bet money that she’s doubling for Lashana Lynch driving the Valhalla. This is basically confirmed by the fact that Schiff is following ALL of these related accounts: Fukunaga,Lynch, Jon Mallard and the official 007 account on Insta:

Why were the Scottish press so useless getting any photos this week?!? Baffling!

Wow! They should have screentested her for the role. I wonder if she can act 🤔

I know! She's gorgeous.

l-actrice-lashana-lynch-en-fevrier-2019_6198538.jpg

Here's a video on Naomi Schiff racing:

@Pierce2Daniel yeah I think they should swap.

No and it's not going to happen.

I repeat: time for some big B25 news because... X( [-X
    I have a £100 bet on that the trailer AND title will be here by this time next week:

I still think this will be it:
    4wTWxrA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

I still maintain the opinion I'd only want that title if B25 turns out to be not just Craig's last outing, but the final Bond film altogether.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I have a £100 bet on that the trailer AND title will be here by this time next week:

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

I still maintain the opinion I'd only want that title if B25 turns out to be not just Craig's last outing, but the final Bond film altogether.

Well.....

rumour is the film has a 'Logan' feel and that it may...
    kill off Bond. The word is that Craig wanted the ending to emulate the ending of Fleming's FRWL novel. Which has Bond potentially poisoned and his demise is left ambiguous. This was seemingly confirmed by this article:
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/28/rami-malek-killed-off-grisliest-death-007-history-actor-plays-villain-9329707/

And considering we know Bond will be dealing with depression, it would seem that Fukunaga has decided to go down the Luke Skywalker route (who had depression and eventually committed suicide by overdosing on the force) and have Bond die.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/james-bond-battle-depression-grief-17281180

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

Well.....

kill off Bond. The word is that Craig wanted the ending to emulate the ending of Fleming's FRWL novel. Which has Bond potentially poisoned and his demise is left ambiguous. This was seemingly confirmed by this article:
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/28/rami-malek-killed-off-grisliest-death-007-history-actor-plays-villain-9329707/

And considering we know Bond will be dealing with depression, it would seem that Fukunaga has decided to go down the Luke Skywalker route (who had depression and eventually committed suicide by overdosing on the force) and have Bond die.

Are those two your primary sources?

Where does that "Logan feel" rumour come from?

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

Well.....

Personally I don't feel Bond should too closely follow the trends of inferior franchises.
    Yes. IMO, the Star Wars and X-Men franchises are massively inferior to Bond.

In addition, the Craig Bonds seem to be compared unfavorably to the other franchises that's influenced them: QoS to Bourne, SF to TDK trilogy, and SP to Austin Powers.
    I prefer Bond series to remain true to itself.

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

Well.....

Personally I don't feel Bond should too closely follow the trends of inferior franchises.

In addition, the Craig Bonds seem to be compared unfavorably to the other franchises that's influenced them: QoS to Bourne, SF to TDK trilogy, and SP to Austin Powers.

And MR to Star Wars, LTK to Miami Vice...

• edited July 2019 Posts: 15,818
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

Well.....

True, and both of those Bonds resulted in follow ups that went back to Bond's basics.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Or Maybe 'Swann Song'?

Well.....

True, and both of those Bonds resulted in follow ups that went back to Bond's basics.

LTK was quite "basic". Brothul, but very close to how Fleming envisioned the character.

Luckily none of Craig's outings went too "overboard".

I want to see the end of DC's era with the girl, not him half dead, if not presumed dead. That for me seems a little pointless seeing as the series will continue.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 13,894
    If Bond is going to die, just tell me now, so I can avoid the film indefinitely. There are a lot of things I know Bond does, but don't want to see him doing, dying is one of them.

Also, I don't like the Valhalla. It looks like a Pagani Zonda (a car which never appealed to make). Thank heavens for the inclusion of the V8 vantage. :-?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    If Bond is going to die, just tell me now, so I can avoid the film indefinitely. There are a lot of things I know Bond does, but don't want to see him doing, dying is one of them.

Also, I don't like the Valhalla. It looks like a Pagani Zonda (a car which never appealed to make). Thank heavens for the inclusion of the V8 vantage. :-?

You might want to sit this one out, there's also a female 007.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

It's called 007. Mark my words.

Le sigh.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

EasygoingHugeEyas-size_restricted.gif
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 5,767

Why wasn´t she cast for the role of Nomi? She´s gorgeous! And a race car Driver! Unbelievable!

How so???

Now you don´t draw a clear line between lunacy and sick jokes.
    Well she's German apparently. So might have had issues with the accent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naomi_Schiff
    Getafix wrote: »
    Well she's German apparently. So might have had issues with the accent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naomi_Schiff
    Since when is dubbing an Actor any Kind of Problem on a Bond production?

I'm looking so forward to Lashana Lynch absolutely stealing Bond 25
    You do know that this is a Bond movie, right? She will most likely die or fail miserably. No way that Bond 25 ends with her as 007.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    50 years later and beauty still prevails over acting talent. Great *sarcasm intended*

And people stop trying to retcon Lynch just because you don't find her attractive or because your balls can't handle a woman being 007 for one film, even though James Bond is still the main character..

I actually don't find any of the actors who played James Bond attractive and they still played "the most handsome spy" so stop it...

...and anyway you'd probably find that more people find her attractive than don't. Look if you don't find her attractive. Fine, but don't start acting like they should've cast someone else just for that reason. It's just shallow and offers no interesting argument.

And again JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT HER TO BE, DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S NOT GOING TO BE 007 AT THE END. WISHFUL THINKING IS NOT FACT.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    [double post]
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Denbigh wrote: »
    JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT HER TO BE, DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S NOT GOING TO BE 007 AT THE END. WISHFUL THINKING IS NOT FACT.
    What people want has nothing to do with what people think will be the most likely outcome. People - Bond "fans" - rooting for Bond to die and her to be 007 at both the beginning and end? Now that's "wishful thinking" ;-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Zekidk wrote: »
    JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT HER TO BE, DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S NOT GOING TO BE 007 AT THE END. WISHFUL THINKING IS NOT FACT.
    What people want has nothing to do with what people think will be the most likely outcome. People rooting for Bond to die and her to be 007 at both the beginning and end? Now that's "wishful thinking" ;-)
    See now you're contradicting yourself because by saying that "She's definitely not going to be 007 at both the beginning and end", you're literally presenting your opinion as fact, when you're as close to production as the rest of us.

Anything can happen in this film. No-one's opinion changes that. She could be 007 for the entire film, she could not. I honestly couldn't give a crap about whether James Bond gets his 007 status back, because with or without it, he's the same bloody character, but they could give it back to him. Who knows? That's the point I'm trying to make. Just stop saying "Oh they're not gonna do this" or "Oh no they're gonna do it like this" because we don't have a clue.
    What people want has nothing to do with what people think will be the most likely outcome. People rooting for Bond to die and her to be 007 at both the beginning and end? Now that's "wishful thinking" ;-)
    See now you're contradicting yourself because by saying that "She's definitely not going to be 007 at both the beginning and end", you're literally presenting your opinion as fact,

Sorry, dude. I refuse to write "in my opinion" after most of my sentences.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    See now you're contradicting yourself because by saying that "She's definitely not going to be 007 at both the beginning and end", you're literally presenting your opinion as fact,

You don't need to, either. Nor does anyone else. It's fairly clear most things here are written as opinion.

Lets not allow this to escalate into another silly argument.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

Yes. I think you could be right. ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

You don't need to, either. Nor does anyone else. It's fairly clear most things here are written as opinion.

Lets not allow this to escalate into another silly argument.

Fair play @CraigMooreOHMSS. You do you @Zekidk :)

Yes. I think you could be right. ;)

007 would be a very lazy title haha :D

That would be the worst thing do after making it so obvious you didn't have one to then call it something that any of the James Bond films could've been called.