No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited July 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Now on to the trailer....Hobbs and Shaw gets released on Thursday in most territories internationally. So I would assume that we'll get the trailer by Wednesday by the latest.

Which means the hypse should begin by Monday or Tuesday. Expect posters and trailer teasers (remember them?) within the next 48 hours.

However.......just to throw caution to the wind, this is mostly just wishful thinking. @antovolk will be able to confirm soon enough.

Still waiting, hoping...

if it isn't with H&S then next best bet is sometime early/mid September, in time to go with Joker (no later than that), Ad Astra and Downton Abbey. A far bigger shock than skipping H&S (as mentioned before, it's the last big all-audiences release until Star Wars) is skipping Star Wars for the second trailer, and so assuming that's indeed the case, you want at least two/three months between the teaser and the full trailer.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Now on to the trailer....Hobbs and Shaw gets released on Thursday in most territories internationally. So I would assume that we'll get the trailer by Wednesday by the latest.

Which means the hypse should begin by Monday or Tuesday. Expect posters and trailer teasers (remember them?) within the next 48 hours.

However.......just to throw caution to the wind, this is mostly just wishful thinking. @antovolk will be able to confirm soon enough.

Still waiting, hoping...

if it isn't with H&S then next best bet is sometime early/mid September, in time to go with Joker (no later than that), Ad Astra and Downton Abbey. A far bigger shock than skipping H&S (as mentioned before, it's the last big all-audiences release until Star Wars) is skipping Star Wars for the second trailer, and so assuming that's indeed the case, you want at least two/three months between the teaser and the full trailer.

That seems like a big driving factor to getting one out with H&S, yes. You definitely want the full theatrical trailer with SW9.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Well, if we don’t hear anything this week, it’s gotta be September. That’s probably when we’ll learn the title as well.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 42
    Snippet of filming within article
    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7290561/amp/James-Bond-drive-iconic-Aston-Martin-DB5-new-movie.html
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    As the days go by and the release gets closer and closer, it's impossible not to be excited for the film. However, I have a gut feeling the teaser trailer is not arriving with H&S but later on in the year anywhere from September-November. I think EON know a lot of people are saying the teaser is coming with H&S so they're going to subvert people's expectations and release it later on in the year so it's a huge surprise when it drops.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Not a bad assessment, @infovise. Best to be prepared for both possibilities and then some.

quote-don-t-wait-for-it-to-happen-don-t-even-want-it-to-happen-just-watch-what-does-happen-sean-connery-89-26-42.jpg

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    As long as they don't do one of those little mini-trailers the day before I'll be happy :)
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    @RichardTheBruce I think we should all follow Connery's quote when it comes to the teaser. :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's pretty cool.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,987
    New video from the set (presumedly in Italy) - looking good......

Also, Ed Sheeran is rumoured for the title song:

Also, Dan Romer's team are excited for his appointment:

I know some people are not thrilled about Italy, but from my perspective, Italy always works in a Bond film. Even MR, even SP.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Loving the locations. A lot. As for Ed Sheeran, I don't know but mostly meh comes to mind. I managed to get thru Sam in Spectre and I truly could not stand his voice in that song. Hoping it's not Ed but it won't kill the movie for me.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm still holding out for Jorja Smith. She's got the perfect voice and also has both British and Jamaican heritage like Naomie and Lashana :)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Loving the locations. A lot. As for Ed Sheeran, I don't know but mostly meh comes to mind. I managed to get thru Sam in Spectre and I truly could not stand his voice in that song. Hoping it's not Ed but it won't kill the movie for me.

I doubt it'll be Sheeran: he doesn't have the style and/or vocal stylings for a Bond theme.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 677
    A Sheeran theme song sounds like Writing's on the Wall 2.0.

I mean, we can shout to the heavens that that song sucked, but it won an Oscar! So EON might double down on it.

Lord have mercy on us. I still hope for Lady Gaga or Lana del Rey or Arctic Monkeys...
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Very nice!
    I have a £100 bet on that the trailer AND title will be here by this time next week:

I still think this will be it:
    4wTWxrA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I don't think it'll be it @Pierce2Daniel, but I think it'll be a great title.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400

I mean, we can shout to the heavens that that song sucked, but it won an Oscar! So EON might double down on it.

Lord have mercy on us. I still hope for Lady Gaga or Lana del Rey or Arctic Monkeys...

I actually disagree that Sheeran would be another Sam Smith. In fact, Sheeran is much less suitable than Smith.

Say what you like about WOTW, but Sam Smith was very well suited for Bond. Even if the song was a little bit of a damp squib. Meanwhile, Sheeran is too acoustic and folksy for Bond. Smith was at least theatrical, camp and dramatic. Some of the key ingredients for a Bond theme.

Lana Del Rey has a new album out next month. Surely her time has come.

charlottewales_lanadelrey_dazed_6-500x636.jpg

Still waiting, hoping...

Thank you @antovolk

As you state, films like ‘Joker’ and ‘It: Chapter Two’ are going to be big, but they play to a certain audience. If they want a broad four quadrant release then ‘Hobbs and Shaw’ is that film………………..and it’s from Universal. Surely the stars have aligned.

Plus it fits with Eon’s usual strategy of releasing a trailer around 8 months from release. Not to mention many big spring 2020 releases have released trailers or have them in the pipeline.

I’m still predicting a big August. Hopefully news comes today!!

New BOND 25 set photos reveal stunt (SPOILERS!)

Courtesy of the Daily Mail.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7296681/James-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig-sight-car-flipped-roof-during.html
    16621168-7296681-image-m-18_1564388689085.jpg
    16621192-7296681-image-m-29_1564389827172.jpg
    16621180-7296681-image-m-32_1564389854502.jpg
    16621186-7296681-image-m-35_1564389879764.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497

I actually disagree that Sheeran would be another Sam Smith. In fact, Sheeran is much less suitable than Smith.

Say what you like about WOTW, but Sam Smith was very well suited for Bond. Even if the song was a little bit of a damp squib. Meanwhile, Sheeran is too acoustic and folksy for Bond. Smith was at least theatrical, camp and dramatic. Some of the key ingredients for a Bond theme.

Lana Del Rey has a new album out next month. Surely her time has come.

charlottewales_lanadelrey_dazed_6-500x636.jpg

Still waiting, hoping...

Thank you @antovolk

As you state, films like ‘Joker’ and ‘It: Chapter Two’ are going to be big, but they play to a certain audience. If they want a broad four quadrant release then ‘Hobbs and Shaw’ is that film………………..and it’s from Universal. Surely the stars have aligned.

Plus it fits with Eon’s usual strategy of releasing a trailer around 8 months from release. Not to mention many big spring 2020 releases have released trailers or have them in the pipeline.

I’m still predicting a big August. Hopefully news comes today!!

New BOND 25 set photos reveal stunt (SPOILERS!)

Courtesy of the Daily Mail.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7296681/James-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig-sight-car-flipped-roof-during.html
    16621168-7296681-image-m-18_1564388689085.jpg
    16621192-7296681-image-m-29_1564389827172.jpg
    16621180-7296681-image-m-32_1564389854502.jpg
    16621186-7296681-image-m-35_1564389879764.jpg

A tongue in cheek moment to mock the current state of Jaguar-Land Rover. :-\" ;)
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    "007" would just mean they've really ran out of steam. And would, IMO, be a bad sign for the series caretakers. I've never been a negativist, but I would promptly become one if the film is called "007". Even "Only a number" would be a better title.

That would look weird:

ALBERT R BROCCOLI'S EON PRODUCTIONS

PRESENT

DANIEL CRAIG AS

IAN FLEMING'S JAMES BOND 007

IN

Yep, that too. Weird as hell. Just please, EON, use the little grey cells and give us some juicy pulp Fleming worthy title. Take your time, if you have to.

Right?

Exactly. I am now concerned we really are getting a crummy title for B25.

I'd take A REASON TO DIE over 007.

Me too. Definitely. Even the bloody Eclipse crap.

007 would remind me of the lackluster title that was JASON BOURNE. Honestly I skipped that film because the title was so trite it turned me away.

You skipped a film because of its title? Lame and pathetic.
    "007" would just mean they've really ran out of steam. And would, IMO, be a bad sign for the series caretakers. I've never been a negativist, but I would promptly become one if the film is called "007". Even "Only a number" would be a better title.

That would look weird:

PRESENT

DANIEL CRAIG AS

IN

Yep, that too. Weird as hell. Just please, EON, use the little grey cells and give us some juicy pulp Fleming worthy title. Take your time, if you have to.

Right?

007 would remind me of the lackluster title that was JASON BOURNE. Honestly I skipped that film because the title was so trite it turned me away.

I'm sure I didn't miss out on anything.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497

That would look weird:

PRESENT

DANIEL CRAIG AS

IN

Right?

Not really no. I've only seen one Bourne and that was more than enough.

But not seeing a movie because of it's title is rather weird.

Unless it's SPECTRETACULAR or something.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

That would look weird:

PRESENT

DANIEL CRAIG AS

IN

Right?

Not really no. I've only seen one Bourne and that was more than enough.

But not seeing a movie because of it's title is rather weird.

Unless it's SPECTRETACULAR or something.

Nowt wrong with the Bourne films.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Sorry to side track the discussion but just please picture this guys. It has been playing over and over in my mind.

[Jamaica]...Following the PTS

Bond has just come back from a little outing on his sailing yacht; swimming, diving, spearfishing.

Brings back his catch of the day. Cleans the fish on the decks of his villa and then prepares a campfire on the beachfront outside his house.

The sun sets, he reclines in a deckchair on the sand with a Heineken in hand, while the fillets are cooking. Meanwhile Romer's new rendition or even Barry's original recording of Underneath the Mango Tree plays faintly from inside the villa.

Life is good for the old boy...
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

That would look weird:

PRESENT

DANIEL CRAIG AS

IN

Right?

Last Bourne film is very, very good. Especially if you are a fan of franchise then this movie will give you everything you love about it. I'm a huge fan of Bourne.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Agreed. Either Arctic Monkeys or Lana Del Rey would be my top choices for a Bond movie.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Probably second unit filmed this scene as I dont see any familiar faces from first unit on set.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,302
    Pavlo wrote: »

Probably second unit filmed this scene as I dont see any familiar faces from first unit on set.

Yes, that thought crossed my mind too. Fukunaga posted an Instagram story from the Iverness airport a couple days ago, so that might be an indication that it's second unit handling this scene/stunt – much like the filming with the same cars in Norway.