No Time to Die production thread

Comments

I reckon around September time for the first teaser trailer.

Set visit in Italy is next month though.....

Hopefully so but only time will tell?
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

Set visit in Italy is next month though.....

Care to elaborate on this supposed "set visit", @Pierce2Daniel?
    Could it be possible that Malek’s role is much smaller than they want us to believe? For all we know he might be a decoy for Blofeld.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    I sort of agree on the Malek publicity here - him being cast seems a big draw for certain audiences, and I had expected them to capitalise on that a bit more already.
    Now, I won't say it's bad they haven't done this. As @Pierce2Daniel wrote, they have plenty of time to push his involvement.

But because of the stories that come out, the ones that get talked about are Craig, Lynch and Waltz. That first one is obvious, and clearly intended by EON, given Craig's presence on behind-the-scenes footage and official photos, and his involvement in publicity things like the British GP thing.
    Lynch and Waltz, those are not intended to be talked about, as we officially have no idea who Lynch's character is. Is she even officially acknowledged as an MI6 agent? As for Waltz, I suppose they're quite pissed that that info has gotten out. I'm curious to see if they feel the need to show him or reference him in the teaser or the trailer. Same goes for the 007 development with Lynch. IF true, it was intended to stay a secret.

As for Malek, I very much understand that's supposed to be a secret too, and I'm actually surprised nothing has leaked yet. But if I were EON's marketing team, I'd want the attention away from Lynch and Waltz. Which means you need to do something with the other people involved.

EON's response so far has been: We got Daniel Craig!!!! But why not focus on other actors too? Why not release a black-and-white photo shot by Greg Williams, showing a smiling Malek (out of costume, so no spoilers!) on set? Why not share a still of Q with the cats? What's Moneypenny been up to? These things you can give away, right?

TL;DR: EON should stop just focussing on Craig, Malek is a perfect alternative.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Could it be possible that Malek’s role is much smaller than they want us to believe? For all we know he might be a decoy for Blofeld.

What if Waltz escapes from prison and he is the ultimate villain?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Please, just no... There is a reason that we haven't seen him yet (or under heavy makeup as that guy in Norway), but let it NOT be that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Walecs wrote: »

It's an interesting thought.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169
    But if I were EON's marketing team, I'd want the attention away from Lynch and Waltz. Which means you need to do something with the other people involved.
    When they go into post-production I expect more production stills like the one with Craig in front of the V8 in London will be released. They have to create some sort of buzz come winter. Until that we will probably have a couple of clapperboard pictures more, some Instagram updates from Fukunaga and a short teaser. Maybe a Matera behind-the-scenes, like the one they did with Jamaica.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    They've shot for about two weeks in Norway – of which two locations are in the middle of the woods. I wonder where the money's gone.

A beer in Norway is just under twice the price of one in London.
    And the UK Govenment gives tax relief for movies shooting in Britain.

I still can't see how those two weeks can total to above the grant given the production (which amounts to up to 25 % of total costs). But what do I know, I don't work in film production.

Yes, It's doesn't make much sense to me either. They spent time there planning and excuting a scene on a frozen lake that could be shot anywhere in the northern hemisphere. They even built a cabin for exterior shots, just to take it down again (why don't just rent one of the thousands that are there, like they did in SP?) And then there are some shots of a road that most people outside Norway doesn't even know exists.

For that recordbreaking sum, I would say that Norway is underpresented. But who knows... they might be going back there.

Take a look back at my broad explanation, but re: building the house in situ., I suspect CF wanted to be able to follow the girl inside the house and running out onto the ice-lake in a continuous shot (real no post editing tricks to join interior to exterior shots together). There could be other very practical reasons as well
    mtm wrote: »

It's an interesting thought.

I don't see that happening at all. Malek is a super hot actor and he's not there to play second fiddle. Blofeld is going to be a cameo behind Mi6 cell bars.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343

I don’t see this happening. They seemed to really want Malek in the role, I’m pretty confident he will be the main villain of the movie. It’s highly likely that he will film tons of scenes at Pinewood after all the Italian shoots.
    Perhaps Malek main villain, Waltz cameo to come back big in Bond 26 with Craig returning for a big showdown with Blofeld?
    Perhaps Malek main villain, Waltz cameo to come back big in Bond 26 with Craig returning for a big showdown with Blofeld?

:-?

For some strange reason I think they are shooting B25 & B26 back to back.

Sorry. :)>-
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Can't see that personally.

Can't see that personally.

I know, but... it's just this wicked thought I have.

Skewered.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I doubt so but that would be amazing.
    We should have got this film November 2019
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I very much enjoy your daily dose of enlightenment.

What difference does five months make? It's nothing.

They are NOT doing that. U have any idea of the production issues and the extended shooting schedule that would require? Get real, my friend.

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Why?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

That'd be bonkers. We should already have a trailer by now. But then again, EON leave everything last minute these days.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ColonelSun wrote: »

They are NOT doing that. U have any idea of the production issues and the extended shooting schedule that would require? Get real, my friend.

Yes and no. There was enough footage in SP for two films.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

That'd be bonkers. We should already have a trailer by now. But then again, EON leave everything last minute these days.
    What a ridiculous thing to say.

Why should we?

giphy.gif
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,185

Why should we?

giphy.gif

It was prophesied.

What difference does five months make? It's nothing.

It's a crazy thought I have, not something that actually will happen.

So get up get, get get down...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

"We should."

We should what? This isn't a job-related thing. This isn't a constitutional thing. We *should* nothing, but we *will* something. And you're going to sit this one out like the rest of us. Show me the rule book that states the whens, the how-fasts and the how-manys some here seem to cling to like it's gospel.

Last-minute? The film will be released in April next year. That's eight full months from now. (The Rise Of Skywalker was announced as a title in April for a film scheduled to be released in December. That's also eight months.) The seasons have to switch from Summer to Fall to Winter and then to Spring before that happens. Do you realise how absurd that "last minute" comment is? I understand you're excited. We all are. And we are all curious about more news, promotional material and so on.

But if you want some Bond in your life, here's a suggestion. You've got 24 films -- 26 if you're very open-minded -- dozens of great books, several great comic book titles, tons of books on the subject of James Bond, games and more. Eight months won't come close to being enough for all of this. Being a Bond fan is about being grateful for what we've been given so far and having a good time with that. Your "Now! Fast! It's too late! Disaster!" attitude is an insult to an already wonderful legacy and something belonging to a consumer with no love for the art but a desire for product.
    TripAces wrote: »

Really? If they were presently shooting or planning 2 Bond films back to back, we would be very aware of that by now. They are not. End of story. You seem to be mistaking coverage of scenes for actual new and scripted scenes. SP did not have any scripted and performed material for 2 films. If u think that, you are, with respect, talking utter and total nonsense.

Really? If they were presently shooting or planning 2 Bond films back to back, we would be very aware of that by now. They are not. End of story. You seem to be mistaking coverage of scenes for actual new and scripted scenes. SP did not have any scripted and performed material for 2 films. If u think that, you are, with respect, talking utter and total nonsense.

Why so grumpy?

Why so grumpy?

He did say "with respect", and "my friend". :)