No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Perhaps Malek main villain, Waltz cameo to come back big in Bond 26 with Craig returning for a big showdown with Blofeld?

:-?

For some strange reason I think they are shooting B25 & B26 back to back.

Sorry. :)>-

They are NOT doing that. U have any idea of the production issues and the extended shooting schedule that would require? Get real, my friend.

Yes and no. There was enough footage in SP for two films.

Really? If they were presently shooting or planning 2 Bond films back to back, we would be very aware of that by now. They are not. End of story. You seem to be mistaking coverage of scenes for actual new and scripted scenes. SP did not have any scripted and performed material for 2 films. If u think that, you are, with respect, talking utter and total nonsense.
    Perhaps Malek main villain, Waltz cameo to come back big in Bond 26 with Craig returning for a big showdown with Blofeld?

They are NOT doing that. U have any idea of the production issues and the extended shooting schedule that would require? Get real, my friend.

Really? If they were presently shooting or planning 2 Bond films back to back, we would be very aware of that by now. They are not. End of story. You seem to be mistaking coverage of scenes for actual new and scripted scenes. SP did not have any scripted and performed material for 2 films. If u think that, you are, with respect, talking utter and total nonsense.

Why so grumpy?

He did say "with respect", and "my friend". :)

One (almost) sympathizes.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    They've shot for about two weeks in Norway – of which two locations are in the middle of the woods. I wonder where the money's gone.

A beer in Norway is just under twice the price of one in London.
    And the UK Govenment gives tax relief for movies shooting in Britain.

I still can't see how those two weeks can total to above the grant given the production (which amounts to up to 25 % of total costs). But what do I know, I don't work in film production.

Yes, It's doesn't make much sense to me either. They spent time there planning and excuting a scene on a frozen lake that could be shot anywhere in the northern hemisphere. They even built a cabin for exterior shots, just to take it down again (why don't just rent one of the thousands that are there, like they did in SP?) And then there are some shots of a road that most people outside Norway doesn't even know exists.

For that recordbreaking sum, I would say that Norway is underpresented. But who knows... they might be going back there.

Take a look back at my broad explanation, but re: building the house in situ., I suspect CF wanted to be able to follow the girl inside the house and running out onto the ice-lake in a continuous shot (real no post editing tricks to join interior to exterior shots together).
    A long tracking shot, without the fake cuts as seen in SP, Birdman etc? I would love that.
    But wouldn't it make more sense, and be a lot cheaper, to just use a cabin already there and make an artificial lake closeby, rather than build a cabin around a lake?

Why so grumpy?

Just sober and realistic.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Why so grumpy?

Just sober and realistic.

~O)
    Walecs wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Could it be possible that Malek’s role is much smaller than they want us to believe? For all we know he might be a decoy for Blofeld.

What if Waltz escapes from prison and he is the ultimate villain?

I'm not sure they'd go that far, but it's a possibility. Malek might play a Denbigh type of character. Anyway, it's just an hypothesis.
    I would be surprised if Blofeld was still imprisoned by the end of this movie? I expect Malek's character to take front and centre stage for this movie in the villain stakes.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I think it’s safe to say the teaser is definitely not dropping this week. Roll on August I guess.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,554

Nobody argued that they were. If EON wanted to film two films, they presumably could. That doesn't mean they are or that they will.

You said this: "U have any idea of the production issues and the extended shooting schedule that would require?"

You missed the point by a country mile: with SP, including film on the cutting room floor, they had over three hours of material. Do the math. Cut it in half. You have two films, one released in 2015, the other in 2016. Voila! Done! Bingo!

It's been done before.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    A long tracking shot, without the fake cuts as seen in SP, Birdman etc? I would love that.
    One correction: those were real cuts.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I think it’s safe to say the teaser is definitely not dropping this week. Roll on August I guess.

Or early September. I genuinely don’t mind about the teaser trailer... but I’m desperately eager to know the title of the film, especially since we were always used to know it by this point.
    I reckon around September time for the first teaser trailer.

That'd be bonkers. We should already have a trailer by now. But then again, EON leave everything last minute these days.

The last minute? The film doesn't come out until April next year. Not releasing a trailer 8 months before a film is released is hardly leaving things to the last minute.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

That'd be bonkers. We should already have a trailer by now. But then again, EON leave everything last minute these days.

The last minute? The film doesn't come out until April next year. Not releasing a trailer 8 months before a film is released is hardly leaving things to the last minute.
    @Mendes4Lyfe and @Tuck91 are just trolls who pop in occasionally. Best to just ignore them.
    Unpopular opinion: don’t really care that we still don’t know the title.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    matt_u wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Or early September. I genuinely don’t mind about the teaser trailer... but I’m desperately eager to know the title of the film, especially since we were always used to know it by this point.

+1
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

Lucky you! :)

Same here.

Also an unpopular opinion (although it won't happen looking from a marketing perspective): I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't get a teaser trailer at all. The photos posted by Fukunaga and the press is enough for me, really.
    Very unpopular opinion: no teaser, no trailer, no poster, no title, ...heck, no film.

;)

Cmon guys, it'll all come when it comes. But we'll have it all, trust me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Minion wrote: »

@Mendes4Lyfe and @Tuck91 are just trolls who pop in occasionally. Best to just ignore them.

Correct, @Minion.. They're like mosquitoes: annoying, but in the end, harmless.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    The teaser trailer for Spectre came out 6 months before the film was released.

We're still over 7 months away.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The teaser trailer for Spectre came out 6 months before the film was released.

We're still over 7 months away.
    We have a much longer post-production schedule this time around. Not that it matters in this case.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 2,598
    'We're seeing a real evolution of his character. He's now having equal relationships with the female characters and he's emotionally attached, making real connections. There's real respect for the women in his life." (Naomi Harris)

Thoughts?

Waller Bridge said that Bond's character hadn't changed...

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Sober, realistic, and speaking from factual experience ... all in the minority on Bond forums. But I appreciate it.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Bounine wrote: »
    'We're seeing a real evolution of his character. He's now having equal relationships with the female characters and he's emotionally attached, making real connections. There's real respect for the women in his life." (Naomi Harris)

Thoughts?

God bless Naomi, but maybe she was trying a bit too hard with the press to sell them the idea of 'this is totally new', which is just a new spin on 'my Bond girl is totally different from the previous ones'.
    Bond had equal relationships with women since the dawn of time (he's not oppressing anybody lol). And he did make emotional connections, mainly in OHMSS and CR, which was the whole point of these movies from a character standpoint. At best we'll get something similar again, but maybe this time the woman will not get killed, or try to kill him/herself, in which case this would be kinda 'new'.

As i said before, let him get married at the end, i'm ok with that. As this is a final film there should be some finality to it, just not death.
    All this can be achived without watering down Bond's casual chauvinism and general badassery, so nobody needs to get their panties in a bunch.
    00Agent wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Yep. It also proves that Dan can't drive stick.
    In what was supposed to be her big feminist moment, Lachana was supposed to park her car on the side of an empty street, to show once and for all that women are also able to park a car without any problems.
    Unfortunately she hit the accelerator instead of the breaks.

You won the internet lmao
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Yep. It also proves that Dan can't drive stick.
    In what was supposed to be her big feminist moment, Lachana was supposed to park her car on the side of an empty street, to show once and for all that women are also able to park a car without any problems.
    Unfortunately she hit the accelerator instead of the breaks.

You won the internet lmao

Thanks! But do me a favor, will you?
    Throw it down the toilet. Cut out the middleman.
    Barbara, Cary - can we have Iggy Pop do the theme song?

giphy.gif
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes me too. I’m not bothered and, let’s face it, it’ll be underwhelming when it comes so best to put it off for as long as possible. At the moment we have Schrodinger’s Title, and that means it can be the best title ever! Until someone opens the box of course...
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I am more than happy if the production team feeds us with photos and short video clips until November, then a teaser with the title reveal on Saint Nicholas Day to sweeten Christmas time, followed in time by the full trailer and finally, 4 weeks prior to the premiere, the title song reveal.
    Blimey,talk about squabbling.

Time for a communal chill pill chaps !!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Bounine wrote: »

Thoughts?

God bless Naomi, but maybe she was trying a bit too hard with the press to sell them the idea of 'this is totally new', which is just a new spin on 'my Bond girl is totally different from the previous ones'.
    Bond had equal relationships with women since the dawn of time (he's not oppressing anybody lol). And he did make emotional connections, mainly in OHMSS and CR, which was the whole point of these movies from a character standpoint. At best we'll get something similar again, but maybe this time the woman will not get killed, or try to kill him/herself, in which case this would be kinda 'new'.

As i said before, let him get married at the end, i'm ok with that. As this is a final film there should be some finality to it, just not death.
    All this can be achived without watering down Bond's casual chauvinism and general badassery, so nobody needs to get their panties in a bunch.

As I have said before: Bond's relationship with women, from Dr. No to SP, has been mischaracterized. Rarely has Bond mistreated a woman who was NOT an operative.