The Orville (Fox TV, 2017- Present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Murdock wrote: »
    Looking good.not sure when the release date is in the UK, is it being released a bit later in the US than season 1?

From what I've read season 2 will premier world wide on December 30th. :-bd

There is still no UK date, Sky showed season 1 several months after it aired in the US they will probably do the same for season 2.

UK does not get Discovery until January as it aired in the US yet?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Poster for season 2.
    xlY9SeN.png

Oh I am SO psyched for this!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looking good.not sure when the release date is in the UK, is it being released a bit later in the US than season 1?

From what I've read season 2 will premier world wide on December 30th. :-bd

There is still no UK date, Sky showed season 1 several months after it aired in the US they will probably do the same for season 2.

UK does not get Discovery until January as it aired in the US yet?

Ah I see. Discovery hasn't aired yet. It airs in January as well I think.
    For UK fans, Season 2 premiers on January 10th at 9PM.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    For UK fans, Season 2 premiers on January 10th at 9PM.

Great stuff that's nearer US release this time.
    New wallpaper incoming. :D
    NAB3xcR.png
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I can't wait!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,457
    Just watched season 2 premiere almost forgot it was on Sky, some genuine hilarious dialogue in this one.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 16,333
    Well as of Thursday, Season 2 is now halfway over. So far this season has been pretty good in my opinion. I like and appreciate the dialed back action in favor of world building and character development. While I feel the first two episodes of the season were a bit of miss, I still liked them. From episode 3 onward the season has picked up steam. It seems to be foreshadowing some great potential ideas. My favorite episode of the season so far has been "A Happy Refrain." A very touching and unique story. Next week comes to the show's first two parter. I for one am excited to see what new worlds and adventures our happy go lucky heroes come across next.
    @Murdock catching up on episodes "A Happy Refrain." was brilliant, this show does good character arcs. The
    Orchestral scene in the docking bay was brilliant
    . Its been a unusual season, my favourite episode was the reveal.. I saw it coming though I am glad that they in no way dragged it out.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, It certainly does and after last night's episode I can see why things have been heavily scaled back so far. Identity part 1 was fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat. I'm glad it's not a season ending cliffhanger. The tension would be too much. I'm very excited to see where the show goes next. :D
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, It certainly does and after last night's episode I can see why things have been heavily scaled back so far. Identity part 1 was fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat. I'm glad it's not a season ending cliffhanger. The tension would be too much. I'm very excited to see where the show goes next. :D

I have Deflectors to watch though I have got into the habit of letting a few episodes pile up. This season has been good it's alot more manageable than the cluster F that is Discovery
    EP 6 was a great Data episode

I have Deflectors to watch though I have got into the habit of letting a few episodes pile up. This season has been good it's alot more manageable than the cluster F that is Discovery

It's good to have extra to watch. As for Disco, I'm going to wait for the season to end so I can just binge watch it and hope I don't go down with the ship. :))

It's good to have extra to watch. As for Disco, I'm going to wait for the season to end so I can just binge watch it and hope I don't go down with the ship. :))

STD is frustrating as they have maybe ten or fifteen minutes of great stuff, then 56 subplots with characters I hate happen :)) when you watch it you will know what I mean.

STD is frustrating as they have maybe ten or fifteen minutes of great stuff, then 56 subplots with characters I hate happen :)) when you watch it you will know what I mean.

So it's more or less the same as season 1? =))

The episode I watched today I actually thought it was worse than season 1, Burnham self important monologues are frequent and hurting the show alot.

The episode I watched today I actually thought it was worse than season 1, Burnham self important monologues are frequent and hurting the show alot.

Ooof that's the last thing Discovery needs. They need to have someone go to to the Guardian of Forever to erase her from the show. She's the worst Star Trek protagonist ever conceived.

Ooof that's the last thing Discovery needs. They need to have someone go to to the Guardian of Forever to erase her from the show. She's the worst Star Trek protagonist ever conceived.

It was so bad the monologue seemed to walk of set, mid monologue there was dead air. It did occur to me if miss has to be involved in everything was not in the show STD might be OK.

It was so bad the monologue seemed to walk of set, mid monologue there was dead air. It did occur to me if miss has to be involved in everything was not in the show STD might be OK.

Sounds as bad as the weirdly edited monologue at the end of season 1.

That's exactly what is happening though it feels shoehorned, this is a billion miles from Picard
    edited February 2019 Posts: 16,333

That's exactly what is happening though it feels shoehorned, this is a billion miles from Picard

The writing staff needs to discover some talent. =))
    Meanwhile the Orville writers are writing great stores that are moving and unique.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,457

The writing staff needs to discover some talent. =))
    Meanwhile the Orville writers are writing great stores that are moving and unique.

They need to focus on one or two ideas and that's its :))
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,457
    Identify Part 1, this was a great episode with some amazing visuals early on, there was a feeling of ominous dread and then it got really dark. Sticking part 2 on right now
    Identity Part 2, well that was fricking awesome.
    Fantastic news! I'm beyond excited. I was a little worried that it wouldn't get picked up.
    Fantastic news! I'm beyond excited. I was a little worried that it wouldn't get picked up.

Not sure how the show is doing ratings wise, I missed a few episodes mid season of Season 2 so stopped watching. Sky IN the UK only make episodes available for a limited time, been busy so missed some. Sky will show the series again, though I may just buy it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."