No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "Bond himself will reportedly be up to his old tricks when he meets Lynch's character by trying to seduce her with his trademark charm. According to the source, however, Bond is "baffled when they don't work on a brilliant, young black woman who basically rolls her eyes at him and has no interest in jumping into his bed."
    https://movieweb.com/james-bond-25-first-female-007-lashana-lynch/
    It would help my enthusiasm enormously if I would find this Young balck Woman more attractive. The Imagination of Bond trying to seduce her makes me cringe.
    And why would Bond be baffled? It´s not like he expects to win them all, if you remember Thunderball.
    I agree 100%; there are many beautiful, talented black actresses who could have been cast.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    talos7 wrote: »
    "Bond himself will reportedly be up to his old tricks when he meets Lynch's character by trying to seduce her with his trademark charm. According to the source, however, Bond is "baffled when they don't work on a brilliant, young black woman who basically rolls her eyes at him and has no interest in jumping into his bed."
    It would help my enthusiasm enormously if I would find this Young balck Woman more attractive. The Imagination of Bond trying to seduce her makes me cringe.
    And why would Bond be baffled? It´s not like he expects to win them all, if you remember Thunderball.
    I agree 100%; there are many beautiful, talented black actresses who could have been cast.

It's all a matter of taste, I don't find her that attractive but ugly is not the word either.

I quite like Naomie Harris. For her acting skills of course. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Personally, I’m just not a fan of Lashana’s short hair. It doesn’t suit her face shape or features. In the brief shots we’ve seen of Jamaica, where she has the hair to balance out her features, she looks great.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

It's all a matter of taste, I don't find her that attractive but ugly is not the word either.

I can't judge from what I've seen so far. In London I don't like her look, but I assume that's deliberate as she's all business there.
    But she looks pretty nice in Jamaica, the rest will be determined by her character and on Screen chemistry with Bond. I think she'll blow us away.
    A lot to comment on and very little time. It's hard to keep up with the news. Some thoughts : 1)I'm happy with Lashana Lynch playing the "new" 007. I'm surprised there was not another 007 in SF actually. 2)I don't think YOLT will be as heavily featured as people seem to think here. In fact I think the movie will be somewhat lighter than the previous ones. I might be wrong. 3)I think Craig should not make a sixth Bond movie, although he looks great something got to give at some point, that said I would not be surprised if he makes another one if Bond 25 is a success.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    A lot to comment on and very little time. It's hard to keep up with the news. Some thoughts : 1)I'm happy with Lashana Lynch playing the "new" 007. I'm surprised there was not another 007 in SF actually. 2)I don't think YOLT will be as heavily featured as people seem to think here. In fact I think the movie will be somewhat lighter than the previous ones. I might be wrong. 3)I think Craig should not make a sixth Bond movie, although he looks great something got to give at some point, that said I would not be surprised if he makes another one if Bond 25 is a success.

Prince Charles: "He lied to me, that cheeky b*stard!"

;)

But yeah, you mirror my own feelings there, @Ludovico.
    The "chase" in Norway on Atlanterhavsvegen and the scenes in Scotland are linked.

Proof, and plenty of pictures from Scotland here:
    https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/entertainment/james-bond-film-set,-aviemore-2019-07-15
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343
    The "chase" in Norway on Atlanterhavsvegen and the scenes in Scotland are linked.

https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/entertainment/james-bond-film-set,-aviemore-2019-07-15

Good. So Scotland is indeed doubling Norway. I love the idea of that castle being Malek's mansion. Very Bondian. Malek is gonna be another super rich creepy villain like Drax or Zorin, something we never had in the Craig era.

The question is: who are those guys in the Toyota SUV?!?
    matt_u wrote: »

Good. So Scotland is indeed doubling Norway. I love the idea of that castle being Malek's mansion. Very Bondian. Malek is gonna be another super rich creepy villain like Drax or Zorin, something we never had in the Craig era.

Reporters from The Daily Mail.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169

Good. So Scotland is indeed doubling Norway.
    Or Norway is doubling Scotland. Or both are Austria... we don't know yet.

My guess is Billy Magnussen and Paloma. Here's a picture from the Norway shoot. They are using CGI face replacement:
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

What I want to know now is: That cabin they built in Norway.... is it still there?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 850
    Thanks
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,293
    What I want to know now is: That cabin they built in Norway.... is it still there?

No. That was taken down after the shoot. The Bond Experience visited the location (video):

I have a bad feeling Norway wont feature as Norway. If they're filming at the Ardverikie House, it sure doesn't fit in at all with Norwegian architecture.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

No. That was taken down after the shoot. The Bond Experience visited the location (video):

I have a bad feeling Norway wont feature as Norway. If they're filming at the Ardverikie House, it sure doesn't fit in at all with Norwegian architecture.

Atlantic Road is too Norwegian and definitely associated with Norway as one of the touristic symbols of country. Norway will definitely be in the movie.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169
    They've been had. Paid 47 million norwegian kroner (5 million euro) for the two scenes filmed there to be Scotland :-)
    Pavlo wrote: »

Atlantic Road is too Norwegian and definitely associated with Norway as one of the touristic symbols of country. Norway will definitely be in the movie.

Same could be said for Preikestolen – maybe even more than the Atlantic Road. That ended up portraying India…
    They've been had. Paid 47 million norwegian kroner (5 million euro) for the two scenes filmed there to be Scotland :-)

Those incentives still doesn't make sense to me. That's way too much to offer a production for two weeks of filming.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343

They pretended some British austere architecture* to be a majestic Roman palace in the last one. I don't think that's an issue.

*with interiors taken from the Reggia of Caserta (Naples), lol!

They pretended some British austere architecture* to be a majestic Roman palace in the last one. I don't think that's an issue.

It would be bloody obvious though, at least for any Norwegian…

But it's wouldn't be the first time Norway (or Norwegian language for that matter) has been badly represented on screen. This one comes to mind…

And this:

But it's wouldn't be the first time Norway has been badly represented on screen.

It was for me in 2015, since I'm an italian architect, lol. :D

But it's wouldn't be the first time Norway has been badly represented on screen.

That must've been painful to watch…

Quite painful. Fortunately this time around Matera will be officially just Matera. No more Jerusalem or any random Middle-East town.

But I'm confident Norway will be Norway. Fukunaga seems quite fond of Norway. Isn't his girlfriend norwegian? :D

Quite painful. Fortunately this time around Matera will be officially just Matera. No more Jerusalem or any random Middle-East town.

But I'm confident Norway will be Norway. Fukunaga seems quite fond of Norway. Isn't his girlfriend norwegian? :D

It's definitely preferable for locations to be portrayed as the actual locations, and not somewhere else, vice versa. Knowing that's not the case has sometimes ruined the experience of watching films for me.

Fukunaga's girlfriend is Norwegian, yes.

It's definitely preferable for locations to be portrayed as the actual locations, and not somewhere else, vice versa. Knowing that's not the case has sometimes ruined the experience of watching films for me.

I think it's the unfortunate downside of following a film production - it can ruin movie magic! Hopefully it will all come together on screen
    Matt wrote: »

I think it's the unfortunate downside of following a film production - it can ruin movie magic! Hopefully it will all come together on screen

True, but sometimes it's obvious even if you haven't followed a film's production.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 2,598
    Love looking at these lovely photos. I’m very careful not to read what is underneath. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Not sure I'm too thrilled about another finale at a Scottish mansion, but I'll reserve judgment. In isolation it looks like a great location. Do we know if they're filming interiors there as well, or if there's a set at Pinewood?
    I know what awaits Bond in the castle:
    KqjFtVL.jpg

B-)
    KqjFtVL.jpg

B-)

I will definitely be watching the film if that happens !! <:-P
    barryt007 wrote: »
    KqjFtVL.jpg

B-)

I will definitely be watching the film if that happens !! <:-P

giphy.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The scene looks like some sort of hostage rescue to me. Don't know about you guys.