No Time to Die production thread

Comments

The_Reaper wrote: »
    Wow….200 posts in one night since I last checked.

I can’t see the problem here personally. The ‘007’ trademark has less to do with the character and more to do with marketing.

However, it’s a savvy way to drive up interest in the film. ‘James Bond’ was trending worldwide yesterday all day! That’s great news.

Also, ‘Lashana Lynch’ was the 5th most Googled thing in the world yesterday.

Also, Lashana’s Instagram has been on fire. She’s gained around 4k new followers and had 100s of negative comments from trolls on her last photo. I can’t see the benefit of attacking her personally. Not cool.

The hype surrounding this film on social media is alive. I even found this cool bit of fan art this morning from an excited new fan:

People are excited by this development and so am I. To label this ‘anti-male’ is a sentiment borne from insecurity. I don’t look to films for empowerment of my male ego. I’m content enough. If a black female 007 is going to empower a young minority woman, then I’m happy for those people. Anyone looking for anything negative here is reaching.

So does this statement mean young black women are insecure? How does "representation" help in this regard? Shouldn't their parents and their own personal accomplishments assist in developing their self-esteem?

You're gonna have to ask them, bro. there are 100s of Twitter.

Let's vacate the filming thread and take this over here:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19172/the-women-of-bond-25#latest
    Pavlo wrote: »
    I'm curious about how they're going to handle the marketing. A "new 007" must be quite the challenge and quite an exciting job for the marketing people. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with.

I think they will totally omit this thing in marketing. I think they want to be "new 007" a surprise thing for audience. Also its very risky marketing step as it can be more harm, than benefit for film

True, it can also do harm, but will this be a surprise at all by the time the film hits the theatres?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Wow….200 posts in one night since I last checked.

I can’t see the problem here personally. The ‘007’ trademark has less to do with the character and more to do with marketing.

However, it’s a savvy way to drive up interest in the film. ‘James Bond’ was trending worldwide yesterday all day! That’s great news.

Also, ‘Lashana Lynch’ was the 5th most Googled thing in the world yesterday.

Also, Lashana’s Instagram has been on fire. She’s gained around 4k new followers and had 100s of negative comments from trolls on her last photo. I can’t see the benefit of attacking her personally. Not cool.

The hype surrounding this film on social media is alive. I even found this cool bit of fan art this morning from an excited new fan:

People are excited by this development and so am I. To label this ‘anti-male’ is a sentiment borne from insecurity. I don’t look to films for empowerment of my male ego. I’m content enough. If a black female 007 is going to empower a young minority woman, then I’m happy for those people. Anyone looking for anything negative here is reaching.

So does this statement mean young black women are insecure?

They're not the ones upset about it, no.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Univex wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    In more or less 2 weeks we could have a teaser trailer and a title.

Tempus fugit.

Hope so ;)

What about a teaser poster? When do you think we'll have one of those? A brilliant one, I hope, unlike the last three.

I don’t remember when the first teaser poster came out for SP, but it’s fair to assume a poster should be released closer to te trailer. Hoping for something more creative than the Mendes one btw. Beside the IMAX posters for both SF and SP, which I think are good (especially SP), latest imagery was quite lame and uninspired.
    Do we know if Empire Design will be back to handle the posters for Bond 25?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I'm curious about how they're going to handle the marketing. A "new 007" must be quite the challenge and quite an exciting job for the marketing people. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with.

I think they will totally omit this thing in marketing. I think they want to be "new 007" a surprise thing for audience. Also its very risky marketing step as it can be more harm, than benefit for film

True, it can also do harm, but will this be a surprise at all by the time the film hits the theatres?

Good question. I hope it can be surprise in how it's written and executed in movie. I really prefer to be it not like punch in the face, but be presented in more subtle way.
    mtm wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    As we all know, Bond is a sexist dinosaur who doesn't treat women properly....or something.

Well, he quite often is, yes. That's the gag!
    Do you not think he is?

So when was the last time he didn't treat a woman properly? What does he have to do, where does he need to change, in order for him to cater to the SJW/MeToo/feminist crowd?

Creepily appearing in Severine's shower? Leaving Solange to be killed? Using Lucia?
    He uses women; it's kind of his character. We're not supposed to like him for doing it, but he's a kind of anti-hero at times. Remember when he said "a woman?" in Moonraker, expressing surprise at a woman being a scientist? That was a joke! :)

Yes, he uses people (not only women) to get what he wants. That's usually what people in his line of work do. But he doesn't slap any women around or treat them with disrespect. He seduces them. With B25 being "dragged into the 21st Century with a feminist makeover" B25 will most likely be seduction-free. We already know that

"Bond himself will reportedly be up to his old tricks when he meets Lynch's character by trying to seduce her with his trademark charm. According to the source, however, Bond is "baffled when they don't work on a brilliant, young black woman who basically rolls her eyes at him and has no interest in jumping into his bed."
    https://movieweb.com/james-bond-25-first-female-007-lashana-lynch/
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,302

Good question. I hope it can be surprise in how it's written and executed in movie. I really prefer to be it not like punch in the face, but be presented in more subtle way.

I think the surprise will have to be in how they handle it, as it's all over social media already – mid production.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I really hope not.

I really hope not.

I'm not crazy about the more recent artworks either, but I'm curious what we'll get this time around. I hope they can do something that's representative of the on-screen visuals we've been teased with already.

I don’t know honestly.

SP poster came out the same day of the press conference. So seems likely that we will have a teaser trailer/poster alongside the title reveal all the same day.

I don’t know honestly.

SP poster came out the same day of the press conference. So seems likely that we will have a teaser trailer/poster alongside the title reveal all the same day.

That seems likely. I hope we're in for some good artwork this time around!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2019 Posts: 14,997
    As we all know, Bond is a sexist dinosaur who doesn't treat women properly....or something.

Do you not think he is?

So when was the last time he didn't treat a woman properly? What does he have to do, where does he need to change, in order for him to cater to the SJW/MeToo/feminist crowd?

Creepily appearing in Severine's shower? Leaving Solange to be killed? Using Lucia?
    He uses women; it's kind of his character. We're not supposed to like him for doing it, but he's a kind of anti-hero at times. Remember when he said "a woman?" in Moonraker, expressing surprise at a woman being a scientist? That was a joke! :)

Yes, he uses people (not only women) to get what he wants. That's usually what people in his line of work do. But he doesn't slap any women around or treat them with disrespect. He seduces them. With B25 being "dragged into the 21st Century with a feminist makeover" B25 will most likely be seduction-free. We already know that

You seem to understand by that comment that seducing women in order to use them is disrespectful, and yet you say it isn't in the same sentence. Odd.

He doesn't slap them, but not-hitting-a-woman isn't the definition of 'treating a woman properly'! :D

I can't believe someone is claiming that Bond isn't a sexist, this is kind of bizarre...

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I really hope not.

I'm not crazy about the more recent artworks either, but I'm curious what we'll get this time around. I hope they can do something that's representative of the on-screen visuals we've been teased with already.

The recent designs have been awful. For something visually stimulating, I hope the poster goes for a vibe similar to the behind-the-scenes video and focuses on the Jamaica aspect. High contrast, full of colour.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I really hope not.

The recent designs have been awful. For something visually stimulating, I hope the poster goes for a vibe similar to the behind-the-scenes video and focuses on the Jamaica aspect. High contrast, full of colour.

I'm sort of in two minds: the Spectre one wasn't hugely inventive, but it was simple and effective and easily spotted everywhere. And I did quite like the big skull mask imagery.

I really hope not.

They have a wonderful opportunity to include some vibrant visuals (less so in the previous two films, IMO). Let's hope they do so!

I really hope not.

That vibe is probably going to be the trademark of the poster campaign. Like the Day of the Dead imagery was for SP.
    The internet is a great way to prove that most of humanity is tribal, aggressive and stupid.

No black woman is playing James Bond.
    Bond retired in Spectre
    It’s possible at the beginning of 25 the new 007 is a black woman

If you have a problem with that then I can’t for a second understand why.

Back to filming please and let the outraged keyboard warriors discuss this on another thread
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    No news where cast and crew are filming this week?

Do you not think he is?

You seem to understand by that comment that seducing women in order to use them is disrespectful, and yet you say it isn't in the same sentence. Odd.
    No. I never wrote that seduction is disrespectful. If both don't concur it's rape, and Bond is not a rapist. But he must respect his mission first and foremost. That's why he uses and manipulates people. He can still do that by showing respect. The scene with mr.White in the cabin is a perfect example.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2019 Posts: 14,997

Do you not think he is?

No. I never wrote that seduction is disrespectful. If both don't concur it's rape, and Bond is not a rapist. But he must respect his mission first and foremost. That's why he uses and manipulates people. He can still do that by showing respect. The scene with mr.White in the cabin is a perfect example.

He's not a woman! :D

If you think seduction isn't disrepectful, why is this imagined 'feminist' version of B25 in your head seduction-free?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Do you not think he is?

It's his job to use people and manipulate with them, but it's, course, disrespectul in its core. Toying with people's mind to get information is not about respect at all and you cant manipulate and use people and at the same time respect them. It's his job to direspectful in this, that's true.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I never realised how narrow-minded a lot of Bond fans are. This thread has displayed how some people want the same tropes played over and over again. Fleming himself may have written such twist had he lived longer. The Craig era has been the shot in the arm the franchise needed. Admittedly, Quantum Of Solace and SPECTRE were weaker than their preceding entries, but on the whole it's been progressive and relevant.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,169

Do you not think he is?

If you think seduction isn't disrepectful, why is this imagined 'feminist' version of B25 in your head seduction-free?
    Because of what we can read.
    1) I am not the one calling B25 a movie for feminists. Phoebe Waller-Bridge does.
    2) I am not the one stating that Bond will have no luck seducing (Lynch) in B25. The article from Daily Mail is.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is an acclaimed feminist writer with an agenda to empower women. Fine. Let's see what kind of character she turns Bond into. I fear the worst but hope for the best.

EDIT: Further discussion should continue here:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19172/the-female-007-and-the-women-of-bond-25#latest
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677
    BOND25 FILMING THREAD! - a thread created to discuss the actual FILMING of the film. A place you can post images or videos of said filming and comment on THEM..

If you want o talk about the production, by all means, there is the production thread.

If you want to talk about how worried you are about the film, there is a thread just for that.

If you want to talk about Bond26 or the next actor to portray James Bond, there is also a thread for this.

PS: DAMN IT!
    Obviously there is a lot of cross-over between threads and staying specifically on topic here is not exact science. But yeah, frustrations abound. :-O
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Do you not think he is?

Because of what we can read.
    1) I am not the one calling B25 a movie for feminists. Phoebe Waller-Bridge does.

Where has she said that?
    2) I am not the one stating that Bond will have no luck seducing (Lynch) in B25. The article from Daily Mail is.

They are liars, and just because he fails to seduce another double-0 agent how do you work out that the film will be seduction-free?
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge is an acclaimed feminist writer with an agenda to empower women. Fine. Let's see what kind of character she turns Bond into. I fear the worst but hope for the best.

EDIT: Further discussion should continue here:
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19172/the-female-007-and-the-women-of-bond-25#latest

She's a writer who writes some stuff which features women as strongly as they should be featured. I don't really see this as a feminist agenda: it's just being a writer to my mind. She is a feminist, but then most people are; I'm not sure she'd see herself as being defined entirely by that.
    We're still discussing this...
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,164

Now that's what I'm talking about. More people being brought into the fold and converted into fans like this is GOOD for the franchise. If you doubt that representation is a thing - just take one look at the box office for the likes of Black Panther and Crazy Rich Asians, especially in the US. Being 'woke' isn't a bad thing...

Anyway, moving away from that - still no word on trailer / poster yet it seems. If it's indeed coming with Hobbs and Shaw it should get rated in the next week or so.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Take a closer look at the all the social media majority of them are already boycotting or disgusted by this idea
    How Many of them do you think are older or younger fans.

Most of them are utter idiots who think Lynch and Craig are both going to be playing James Bond in the same bloody film. If they can't read, they're no great loss.

Though, granted, one thing it does show is how linked the iconography of the 007 logo is with the character with casual audiences. I do understand and respect this, and I find the assumption that if you don't like the idea then you're a racist to be utterly braindead and devoid of any perspective whatsoever. However, the repeated baiting of other members such as @007Blofeld, aided by the ever charming, utterly nonsensical input of @Mendes4Lyfe and co. is really not helping and just goes to show how overblown this thread can become. Take a day off, lads. You're not the only Bond fans around, yet you speak as if you're the majority. This era has been a massive failure for you it seems, yet you're still no more a Bond fan than anyone who helped Skyfall cross the $1Billion mark.

I'm not buying this idea that the film is going to flop because it's pushing an SJW agenda. Your examples, repeated a few pages back, are pretty weak.

Ghostbusters may have been doomed to fail from the getgo. Sure. But it may also have failed because it was a rubbish movie, combined with the fact that most people just don't give a shit about Ghostbusters anymore. The same will likely apply for Terminator: Dark Fate, a film which very well may end up being good, but is part of a series that has clearly outstayed its welcome with casual audiences. T3, Salvation and Genisys were all sizeable box-office disappointments, and they didn't have this so-called SJW agenda. Perhaps people just don't give a shit about Terminator anymore, regardless of "motive".

The same cannot be said of Bond, whose last two films have an almost $2billion total gross combined. People are here for Dan's Bond, big time. Now, I agreed a few pages back that this Nomi craic is a bit gimmicky to me, however it is a one-film deal and makes logical sense in the context, allows Dan's Bond to do something different and give a fresh perspective on the action. It could be a cool gimmick. It's also not the core focus of the film, clearly. Just two days ago we were discussing Blofeld's return, and as plenty of other members have posted above and to the left, there are dozens upon dozens of other very Bondian staples in the film already, too.

Do you really think the film is going to flop because of this tiny thread of the story? That because Bond is retired, not 007 anymore but will likely be 007 again by film's end that people will completely reject it? That it somehow won't recoup its costs? Even the worst Bond films have done that, and they had a lot of stuff fundamentally wrong with them. If you really do believe that, there seems to be a lot of growing up needed on your part. Eon don't need to do any damage control, unless they're feeling generous and want to pay for nightschool lessons for those Facebook folk who comment on articles before they read them. They just need to continue onwards, finish the film, get the trailer out and sit back and watch people hype up Dan's last film. They could very well make a balls of this little subplot, and I'll be the first to call them out if they do, but for the moment I'm happy to let them do their thing - because ultimately the 007 iconography isn't going anywhere, and Bond 26 will likely be more your speed.

I do hope we can move on from this bloody topic and on to actual important story details and filming-related news. Let the people who are actually still happy about the film remain so.
    In more or less 2 weeks we could have a teaser trailer and a title.

Tempus fugit.

A poster would be very nice right now.

"Most of them are utter idiots" awesome I hope you feel superior or better about yourself after that. Anyways when I said look closely it meant there are more sensible comments not just any nonsense. Most of the headlines clearly Indicates that she is playing 007 not bond . They are not angry because she is playing 007 or bond they feel disgusted because it's another gimmick to satisfy SJW's and not even a clever one it's downright stupid and lazy writing. Try to have some meaningful conversation with those idiotic you are calling them might give you an idea.

Any James bond film will bring cash but that's not what we are arguing about it right here sure lots of films got busted while changing gender and Game of thrones is clear cut ex. Of why it's shouldn't- all the male characters by the end looks highly stupid and look how great they try to portray female even a 10 year old female child vs 10 year old male child. If anyone can't see it or ignoring it intentionally, go for it . I have nothing to say to them anymore.

I am not going to go for name calling or say someone idiots/racist/child just because our opinions differ. It will eventually show growing up on our part.

As of now I am still trying to stay positive about this film.lets move on.