00Agent wrote: »
    In the immortal words of Pierce Brosnan:
    "It's only a number."

So The Daily Mail is going aftah it.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Finally =D>
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Pavlo wrote: »

Excellent. Those hotels are pretty damn cool, considering the origins of their frames.

The inclusion of Scotland once again is intriguing. Did we ever come to a conclusion as to whether it was doubling for another spot or featuring as itself?
    I’m a day or two late to the party on this one but I’m a bit surprised by how many people are complaining about Nomi being 007. My two cents is that it makes perfect sense that MI6 would replace Bond’s Double-O number after he retires. That was always going to be inevitable. I even wrote a Bond script in high school where Bond was thought dead at the end of the PTS (a la Skyfall) and they replaced him with a new 007. And trust me, I’m not the most creative guy in the world, so this notion can’t possibly be that outlandish, if I was able to come up with it when I was 16.

Are people that butt hurt about the idea of someone else being 007? Or is it because she’s a woman, or black? Frankly, I don’t care who it is, because either way it will provide some very interesting drama – does Bond care that he’s been “replaced”? Maybe he cares more than he’d like to admit, and I’d like to see that play out. It also doesn’t bother me that the new 007 is a woman because, at the end of the day, Nomi may be A 007, but James Bond is THE 007.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Do we still think Scotland is doubling for Norway?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    jake24 wrote: »
    I think it's possible @jake24 , but I think with that very iconic Scottish location, I think it could be our closing scene whatever that may be.

Although It does look like a good place for a funeral, and I'm sure there'd be some pretty good landscapes for Bond to look over at the proceedings. It'd be a cool little homage to Thunderball too, and could work narratively when you think about one of Mallory's lines in Skyfall.

"Why not stay dead?" Maybe 007 eventually listened.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Howard,
    Damn where do you find these GIFs :))
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497
    The estate: https://www.ardverikie.com/

It is often used for weddings...

:-?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think it's possible @jake24 , but I think with that very iconic Scottish location, I think it could be our closing scene whatever that may be.

Although It does look like a good place for a funeral, and I'm sure there'd be some pretty good landscapes for Bond to look over at the proceedings. It'd be a cool little homage to Thunderball too, and could work narratively when you think about one of Mallory's lines in Skyfall.

That would be interesting, but then why film there for several weeks? And why the water tanks? My gut tells me there will be some sort of action sequence.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

That would be interesting, but then why film there for several weeks? And why the water tanks? My gut tells me there will be some sort of action sequence.

What if the estate is actually Malek’s estate?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Oh I didn't actually know about the several weeks and the water thanks haha :D

Oh I didn't actually know about the several weeks and the water thanks haha :D

They will film there until August. Then it will be Italy’s turn.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

And I'm sure they'll get a few more per year after this, too. ;)

Damn where do you find these GIFs :))

Google helps ;-)
    matt_u wrote: »

Looks like we may have our Castle of Death....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    [deleted]
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2019 Posts: 8,127
    antovolk wrote: »

I agree,
    does seem like they are incorporating some unused elements of book Bond.

Does it mean Blofeld will have a larger role?

Shouldn't that be in Japan?

Yeah but...

BOND AND MADELINE WILL MARRY DRIVE OFF AND GET KILLED

I got this from a source at some newspaper.

Yeah but...

BOND AND MADELINE WILL MARRY DRIVE OFF AND GET KILLED

I got this from a source at some newspaper.

RIP Maddy.

Obviously this estate can double up...like Blenheim for Italy. Distinctly European vibe though, so Norway maybe?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    No matter what the narrative, each film in the Craig-era has been different so I think they would make a conscious effort have another finale in Scotland so my bet is it's doubling for Norway. Also, both look similar and have similar weather.

Obviously this estate can double up...like Blenheim for Italy. Distinctly European vibe though, so Norway maybe?
    That's what I'm thinking. The Atlantic Road bit could lead to this segment at the estate.

That's what I'm thinking. The Atlantic Road bit could lead to this segment at the estate.

That's a good line of thinking, and absolutely within reason. The two spots could easily be paired together.

So a not-so-Scottish, Scottish finale?

Shouldn’t be 007 a white male? :D :D

My same thoughts.
    Ha, Malek's character will perform his "not an easy ride" stuff there...?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Torgeirtrap that video is adorable :)