No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Just for the record... female double 0 agents are already canon in the franchise...

4yohgtc6xba31.png
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @matt_u I could kiss you
    matt_u wrote: »
    Just for the record... female double 0 agents are already canon in the franchise...

4yohgtc6xba31.png

There is nothing wrong with this. The kicker is that Nomi will be 007 specifically. It’s just weird for me to associate 007 with anyone but Bond. Still, some people are going way too far and being hateful about it in some corners.
    Another interesting cast wrinkle...according to the IndieWire guy who previously broke the Romer news - Ana de Armas’ Paloma is the kidnapped scientist, and not David Dencik’s character as most presumed? https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/bond-25-lashana-lynch-to-daniel-craig-new-007-1202157848/
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241
    antovolk wrote: »
    Another interesting cast wrinkle...according to the IndieWire guy who previously broke the Romer news - Ana de Armas’ Paloma is the kidnapped scientist, and not David Dencik’s character as most presumed? https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/bond-25-lashana-lynch-to-daniel-craig-new-007-1202157848/

Scandinavian websites have mentioned Dencik as a villain since the announcement.

Edit: Can't remember if there's been any confirmation about this or not.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Right, this thread has gone to shit.

Predictably after the recent news though. Check out James Bond Reddit - it’s 100 times worse over there.

@FoxRox isn't the media great.

Scandinavian websites have mentioned Dencik as a villain since the announcement.

Dencik also mentioned in an interview that he plays a scientist right? Which is why most of us then presumed that he’s the one Bond and Felix head to rescue.

It also tracks with what apparently the Cuba set piece is - a night time foot chase with Bond and Lynch’s Nomi trying to rescue Paloma.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,126

4yohgtc6xba31.png

There is nothing wrong with this. The kicker is that Nomi will be 007 specifically. It’s just weird for me to associate 007 with anyone but Bond. Still, some people are going way too far and being hateful about it in some corners.

+1 this is what people don't get.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @matt_u I could kiss you

:*

4yohgtc6xba31.png

We are definitely in for something new. First time since 1953 that 007 is not associated with James Bond. So your feelings are totally understandable.
    @matt_u I could kiss you

4yohgtc6xba31.png

We are definitely in for something new. First time since 1953 that 007 is not associated with James Bond. So your feelings are totally understandable.

I could be getting worried over nothing. If it’s handled smartly and particularly well that’s fine. What would truly be upsetting to me is if anyone but Bond is 007 by the film’s end. That’s just breaking tradition a bit too much IMO. A lot of people reacting have totally missed the point though that Nomi has the 007 codename and is NOT James Bond.

Dencik also mentioned in an interview that he plays a scientist right? Which is why most of us then presumed that he’s the one Bond and Felix head to rescue.

It also tracks with what apparently the Cuba set piece is - a night time foot chase with Bond and Lynch’s Nomi trying to rescue Paloma.

Do you have a link to that interview? I don't think I've read a quote of him actually confirming that he plays a scientist.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    007Blofeld wrote: »

4yohgtc6xba31.png

I think everybody gets it by now.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343

4yohgtc6xba31.png

Lol this is so obvious even J.W. Pepper could get.

What a lot of people seems to don't get is that the main hero of this movie is still James Bond and the fact that another agent got the 007 codename is just the result of Bond's personal decisions.
    @matt_u I could kiss you

4yohgtc6xba31.png

I could be getting worried over nothing. If it’s handled smartly and particularly well that’s fine. What would truly be upsetting to me is if anyone but Bond is 007 by the film’s end. That’s just breaking tradition a bit too much IMO. A lot of people reacting have totally missed the point though that Nomi has the 007 codename and is NOT James Bond.

Yes. I 100% agree.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,834

4yohgtc6xba31.png

But you've taken a step further @007Blofeld by saying its being done because of political influence and @Tuck91 is saying that a black woman as 007 makes him feel physically sick which is ridiculous...

4yohgtc6xba31.png

But you've taken a step further @007Blofeld by saying its being done because of political influence and @Tuck91 is saying that a black woman as 007 makes him feel physically sick which is ridiculous...

@Denbigh Did I not get the memo? I thought you were done or do you want to keep going because we could go on for hours.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 22
    Ok so just to sum up we have a James Bond film directed by Cary Fukunaga and written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade with some heavy revisions done by Cary Fukunaga, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Scott Z. Burns, and cinematography by Linus Sandgren. We have a seemingly larger-than-life villain played by Rami Malek, with a possible Hannibal-esque interaction between Waltz' Blofeld and Madeleine Swann, and two new beautiful Bond girls, one of whom is a 00 agent and a mysterious woman played by Ana de Armas, with a plot with heavy stakes. I'm in.

THIS! The speculation and debate is all nonsense until we see the movie. For now, if we look at the facts (personal misgivings about P&W aside) we have a team of heavyweights working on a new Bond film. What’s not to get excited about!

Predictably after the recent news though. Check out James Bond Reddit - it’s 100 times worse over there.

I've been reading some of the comments over there. Pretty funny, really. It's astonishing how so many people truly believed in their heart and souls that Idris was a done deal, and they're whining that Lashana got the gig instead of him. People are so gullible they'll believe anything as long as it's an internet media headline or rumor.
    Ok so just to sum up we have a James Bond film directed by Cary Fukunaga and written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade with some heavy revisions done by Cary Fukunaga, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Scott Z. Burns, and cinematography by Linus Sandgren. We have a seemingly larger-than-life villain played by Rami Malek, with a possible Hannibal-esque interaction between Waltz' Blofeld and Madeleine Swann, and two new beautiful Bond girls, one of whom is a 00 agent and a mysterious woman played by Ana de Armas, with a plot with heavy stakes. I'm in.

Im in too, I cant wait to see this film but I hate this forum now. I cant believe some of what im reading to be honest.

Good find. Looks like it was called earlier. And of course many speculated this was going to come.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 22
    acidie wrote: »

Im in too, I cant wait to see this film but I hate this forum now. I cant believe some of what im reading to be honest.

The second the next teaser drops showing Daniel looking badass as well as some more involved shots of Lashana, and some of the guys on here realise it’s possible to have a strong, female character ALONGSIDE James Bond (not REPLACING him) I’m sure all will be forgotten. I think this is just going to be a modern Bond film- some people forget that some of the early Bond girls were quite progressive for their time. (Dink aside.)

The second the next teaser drops showing Daniel looking badass as well as some more involved shots of Lashana, and some of the guys on here realise it’s possible to have a strong, female character ALONGSIDE James Bond (not REPLACING him) I’m sure all will be forgotten.

Like I said, we need a trailer and title soon. Now more than ever.
  • RyanRyan Canada

The second the next teaser drops showing Daniel looking badass as well as some more involved shots of Lashana, and some of the guys on here realise it’s possible to have a strong, female character ALONGSIDE James Bond (not REPLACING him) I’m sure all will be forgotten.

Indeed. Outside of the forums I think the biggest issue is that many media outlets are spinning it to say that Lashana is replacing Daniel Craig. It's even on the MSN home page with that wording! Yikes.

You're right. We just need some photos to get us back to Bond himself and all will be fine.

So let’s remember also this: “The source said: Phoebe was brought in to save it and she has. Whatever ends up happening in the script you can be sure it’s going to be memorable.”

So let’s remember also this: “The source said: Phoebe was brought in to save it and she has. Whatever ends up happening in the script you can be sure it’s going to be memorable.”

@matt_u I interpret as save the script not save what this person wrote up about the story two different things.
  • peterpeter Toronto

agreed.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I don't see what the big deal is, Bond has temporarily lost his Double O status a few times. If Bond retired or lost his status permanently then logically someone else would become OO7, in Bond's universe we have had more than one different person as one of the other Double O's, so it's already been established that this can happen. Alas OO7 won't be retired like a football Jersey after Bond is done.

Realistically Bond will get his OO7 status back quickly
  • peterpeter Toronto

i'm with you.
    Ryan wrote: »

Indeed. Outside of the forums I think the biggest issue is that many media outlets are spinning it to say that Lashana is replacing Daniel Craig. It's even on the MSN home page with that wording! Yikes.

You're right. We just need some photos to get us back to Bond himself and all will be fine.

@Ryan EON needs to do some damage control and quick.
    I don't see what the big deal is, Bond has temporarily lost his Double O status a few times. If Bond retired or lost his status permanently then logically someone else would become OO7, in Bond's universe we have had more than one different person as one of the other Double O's, so it's already been established that this can happen. Alas OO7 won't be retired like a football Jersey after Bond is done.

Realistically Bond will get his OO7 status back quickly

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns Will he though we don't know that? I didn't want to double post so this comment is for the thread: We can thank the tabloid garbage for this mess.