No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    jake24 wrote: »
    "Scene 155" places us right in the middle of the Skyfall attack for comparison. So, we'll either get a longer film and have a Norway climax after these London scenes, or another London finale. But these shots don't seem very climactic to me.

Weird. Skyfall was already a long Bond movie.
    "Scene 155" places us right in the middle of the Skyfall attack for comparison. So, we'll either get a longer film and have a Norway climax after these London scenes, or another London finale. But these shots don't seem very climactic to me.

There's a chance that this scene is immediately before the finale or immediately after. We could be looking at a shorter film and this scene is Craig's final moment as Bond........maybe Bond bids M goodbye and walks off. Perhaps M says he'll be in touch.

Though if I was a betting man, I'd say we are witnessing the scene before the finale.
    15968710-7241385-image-a-13_1562945128729.jpg

Uh-oh.. The shrink-wrapped look is back... That thing is even tighter than the Skyfall suits! :))

Ummmm......the "great" @PanchitoPistoles is still here?!? Wow, you have about as much integrity as Barbara Broccoli.
  • RC7RC7

There's a chance that this scene is immediately before the finale or immediately after. We could be looking at a shorter film and this scene is Craig's final moment as Bond........maybe Bond bids M goodbye and walks off. Perhaps M says he'll be in touch.

Though if I was a betting man, I'd say we are witnessing the scene before the finale.

Uh-oh.. The shrink-wrapped look is back... That thing is even tighter than the Skyfall suits! :))

Ummmm......the "great" @PanchitoPistoles is still here?!? Wow, you have about as much integrity as Barbara Broccoli.
    Lovely stuff.

My same thoughts. BTW I'm not super excited about two London finale in a row.
    I'm just a humble disaster tourist.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,588

Scene 139 is Bond arriving in the V8. In between, we have the "confrontational" scene between Bond and M, other MI6 scenes, and a scene featuring the household cavalry. So I think it's safe to assume these are pre-finale. My guess is that Bond arrives in London after the Cuba scenes and re-earns his 007 status, before enlisting M, Q, Tanner, and MP to aid in stopping whatever Malek's plan is in Norway.
  • RC7RC7

Scene 139 is Bond arriving in the V8. In between, we have the "confrontational" scene between Bond and M, other MI6 scenes, and a scene featuring the household cavalry. So I think it's safe to assume these are pre-finale. My guess is that Bond arrives in London after the Cuba scenes and re-earns his 007 status, before enlisting M, Q, Tanner, and MP to aid in stopping whatever Malek's plan is in Norway.

I think you’re probably right and I reckon the Hammersmith scene is potentially the final one.

One thing you reminded me of is the idea of him re-earning his status. I’ve been of the mind recently that Lynch, while probably being a new hot-shot 00, is not 007, as has been widely speculated. I think it throws up myriad complications. To have a black, female protagonist earn and then lose that status to a ‘white man’ is a minefield in terms of ‘woke’ internet folk who will subsequently crucify the film. It isn’t worth the hassle for EON.

Either he’s never referred to as 007 - which is sacrilege, or she goes by a different number altogether.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RC7 wrote: »

I think you’re probably right and I reckon the Hammersmith scene is potentially the final one.

One thing you reminded me of is the idea of him re-earning his status. I’ve been of the mind recently that Lynch, while probably being a new hot-shot 00, is not 007, as has been widely speculated. I think it throws up myriad complications. To have a black, female protagonist earn and then lose that status to a ‘white man’ is a minefield in terms of ‘woke’ internet folk who will subsequently crucify the film. It isn’t worth the hassle for EON.

Either he’s never referred to as 007 - which is sacrilege, or she goes by a different number altogether.
    I hadn't thought about that. That would be a nightmare.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think it might be more interesting if we see Nomi's progression from agent to 00. So if at the start of the film she just works for MI6 as a field agent and then by the end of the film she's the new 007.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I think you're on to something here. Regardless of its execution, such a plot development would be weaponised against the series by the usual suspects. I had thought they might have Nomi as 009, just as a loose bit of connective tissue (Bond stole her car, etc.) but I think that agent was specifically referred to as a 'he' in Spectre.

Still, plenty of other numbers.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think it might be more interesting if we see Nomi's progression from agent to 00. So if at the start of the film she just works for MI6 as a field agent and then by the end of the film she's the new 007.
    The film should end with Bond either re-earning his 00 status or having the 007 codename retired. I'd hate to see the film finish with Bond retired and Nomi as 007.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The film should end with Bond either re-earning his 00 status or having the 007 codename retired. I'd hate to see the film finish with Bond retired and Nomi as 007.
    I think it would work especially the theory some have that Bond will fake his death at the end of the film.

Hate? I’d stop following the series. And that would be the best scenario. XD
    matt_u wrote: »

I don't know if you're joking, but Ian Fleming would roll over in his grave if this happened.

• edited July 2019 Posts: 832
    My take on waltz’s return might be surprising. I think it’s *possible* that this is handled well and that elements from sp don’t feature heavily, but I think it’s too likely that it’s not handled well, especially with both Madeline and blofeld returning. I have no interest in retconning sp- that film is unwatchable as a whole for me- but it’s possible for Madeline/ blofeld to be handled better in this film/ to contribute to a largely independent storyline. The most reassuring aspect of this production is the creative team, which is in my view the best the series has had in a long time.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Very true! Who knows what the tabloids might write. I think they'll ignore these photos and come back with more negative views when they have anything to base an article on.

True, they've ignored all the positive stuff so far.

Also they can always fabricate some BS news about guest appearances that went wrong, like the Grace Jones one, and a lot of people, even on the forum will believe it lol. I don't think they need any proof at all. They have zero accountability.

Yep, they can always do another one of those. If they do, my money is on a failed guest appearance by Tanya Roberts, Alison Doody or Fiona Fullerton!

I don't know if you're joking, but Ian Fleming would roll over in his grave if this happened.

He's already face down after Brofeld, so another roll over might be a good thing for him.
  • RC7RC7
    Very true! Who knows what the tabloids might write. I think they'll ignore these photos and come back with more negative views when they have anything to base an article on.

Also they can always fabricate some BS news about guest appearances that went wrong, like the Grace Jones one, and a lot of people, even on the forum will believe it lol. I don't think they need any proof at all. They have zero accountability.

Yep, they can always do another one of those. If they do, my money is on a failed guest appearance by Tanya Roberts, Alison Doody or Fiona Fullerton!

The reanimated corpse of Clifton James. Someone on here would buy it.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 624

He's already face down after Brofeld, so another roll over might be a good thing for him.

:))

Seriously though, if they hand the 007 status to anyone other than James Bond, I'm out too. "Get woke, go broke."

If Bond dies at the end, the only way I'd be ok with it is if its ambiguous like The Dark Knight, if "the new 007" is never mentioned or shown, and if Bond 26 is going to be a very very soft reboot with no origin story whatsoever, meaning it could have easily taken place after Die Another Day.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343

Oh, come on. I call it logic against misinterpretation. ;)

Regarding 25, the perspective of having Bond retired (or terminated or presumed dead) while Nomi being the new 007 is the worst case scenario a human mind can think of.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    How many times can the tabloids use the phrase "filming resumes after a series of setbacks" before it gets old?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    How many times can the tabloids use the phrase "filming resumes after a series of setbacks" before it gets old?

"The legendary actor was seen chatting to various members of the crew as he prepared to film another scene as the iconic character."

One day he's a shitbag, the next he's legendary.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 8,033
    Red_Snow wrote: »

"The legendary actor was seen chatting to various members of the crew as he prepared to film another scene as the iconic character."

One day he's a shitbag, the next he's legendary.

Maybe they just forgot to include the 'shitbag', this time? 'Legendary shitbag Daniel Craig' does have a certain vigour to it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think this scene between M, Bond and Tanner will be the equivalent to Bond and M's conversation at Skyfall.

The reanimated corpse of Clifton James. Someone on here would buy it.

We know they've used face replacement equipment already, so they could just animate him instead!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Also that video of Bond and M looks like a very classic spy espionage scene :)
    Also that video of Bond and M looks like a very classic spy espionage scene :)
    It does.
    Certainly a lot of globetrotting going on here ... and a lot of London, too! I'm beginning to agree with people who are predicting a long run time!