No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited July 2019 Posts: 212
    James Bond: in August the set of the new film arrives in Matera:

They will start in the second half of August - and should last about a month - filming in Matera (European Capital of Culture 2019) of the new episode of the 007 saga James Bond, played by Daniel Craig that will move between rioni Sassi e del Parco delle Chiese rupestri (UNESCO World Heritage since 1993). During the summer, production will also move for a few days to neighboring Apulia, to Gravina in Puglia (Bari), and to the Tyrrhenian coast of Maratea (Potenza): the world release is scheduled for April 2020 .

In total - according to what was announced in a press conference held this morning in the Municipality of Matera - the number of people arriving in Città dei Sassi for filming will be around 400. And in the next few days the casting will begin to recruit between 800 and 900 extras.
    During the meeting with journalists - which was attended, among others, by the mayor, Raffaello De Ruggieri, the director of the Lucana film commission, Paride Leporace, and production representatives - it was pointed out that the shooting of the new 007 will have a impact on the economy of Basilicata by one percentage point of GDP. Production and administrators have ensured that during the weeks of registration "the natural habitat of the Sassi and the Parco delle Chiese rupestri will be respected".

https://www.lagazzettadelmezzogiorno.it/news/matera/1157815/james-bond-ad-agosto-il-set-del-nuovo-film-arriva-a-matera.html
    recruit between 800 and 900 extras.
    That's interesting, meaning there will be some sort of celebration or event. They used 1500 extras for the SP PCS in Mexico.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Zekidk wrote: »
    That's interesting, meaning there will be some sort of celebration or event. They used 1500 extras for the SP PCS in Mexico.

Are there any traditional celebrations that draw large crowds throughout the year in that part of the world?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,167
    "The Festa della Bruna (Festa di Maria Santissima della Bruna, Festa della Madonna della Bruna) is the principal festival of the town of Matera, in Italy's southern Basilicata region. Although the festival is in honour of the town's sacred protectress, the Madonna della Bruna, it is far from being a purely religious event. Tens of thousands of local people turn out onto the streets for a week of celebrations with coloured lights, market stalls, town bands and grand processions. Events climax with a pagan-style rite of destruction, before a valedictory firework display."

http://www.italyheaven.co.uk/basilicata/matera-festa-della-bruna.html

bari-the-traditional-italian-festa-della-bruna-in-matera_1920x1080.jpg?1526475855

Are there any traditional celebrations that draw large crowds throughout the year in that part of the world?

Quite a few especially la Festa della Madonna della Bruna

Another event very much felt in the city, which takes place every year on July 2nd. It is considered the longest day for the people of Matera, as the celebrations take place at 4 am and continue until late at night. Ancient festival (the origins date back well to the end of the 1300s with the establishment of the then Archbishop, then Pope Urban VI), it begins with the procession of the shepherds and continues throughout the day, evening and night, with a series of celebrations and itineraries very shared.

At sunset another procession takes place with a painted papier-mâché cart, which carries the Madonna who is going to celebrate. The cart, at the end of the procession, is literally assaulted by the people of Matera, who are trying to grab a piece of it at all costs, hoping it will bring good luck. This is certainly the most absolute event of the population of Matera and also the best known, precisely because of this very special character. In fact, many televisions also participate in the event, which resume the moment of the parade and the assault on the wagon]. It is linked to a religious moment, this event is much awaited by adults and children, who hope to bring home a piece of wagon that carries the Madonna and that, it is said, presents good luck and prosperity.

http://www.turismomatera.it/eventi-matera/
    “Le location sono nei Sassi e un paio di giorni giriamo sulla Murgia (dove si sta costruendo in questi giorni un cimitero)"

Translation:

The locations are in the Sassi and for a couple of days we turn to the Murgia (where a cemetery is being built these days).

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/conto-alla-rovescia-per-bond-25-conferenza-stampa-al-comune-di-matera-sul-film-dedicato-allo-007-piu-famoso-del-mondo-sisti-primo-ciak-nei-sassi-tra-il-19-e-il-26-agosto/
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,343
    They talk about 1000/1200 extras.

So just one month filming. Not two.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    After today's reveal I'll bet 'Shatterhand' was definitely the title but the producers were non too pleased with it leaking so early so Babs claimed it was never the intended title.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Ok, Waltz may be in London, but does anybody know where is Léa Seydoux?
    She just finished filming in Budapest. The next location is Malta so it looks like she might have a few days free ;)
    Italian executive producer Enzo Sisti dropped some small new info in this interview.

First, it's official: Matera will portray... Matera. For the first time the city won't double for Jerusalem or other North African cities like was suggested months ago. Sorry @PanchitoPistoles ;)

He said that this is going to be the most complicated movie ever filmed in this part of Italy.

They will also film car scenes (hopefully a chase) through the beautiful streets of the Maratea coast. Maratea is like 175 km from Matera, in-between Campania and Calabria. It is one of the most beautiful coasts in southern Italy. Here there are some pictures. Looks quite dangerous. Hopefully, none of the crew will be hurt, like in QoS.

6865.jpg

IMG_3804_2-1624x1080.jpg

Torre_dei_Crivi.JPG

sapri-maratea-strada-panoramica-106_new.jpg?ssl=1

maratea.jpg

• edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I’m kinda surprised this Waltz news leaked out. I mean, we all knew it was happening, but still I’m a tad disappointed that Baz split the beans on what is clearly meant to be a surprise cameo……………………also now that Blofeld is back, we can wait and see if @PanchitoPistoles will keep his pledge. Over to you buddy.

Here’s how I see it:
    I’m kinda intrigued that Madeleine is the one to meet with Blofeld. This does add some weight to the “flashback” theory that Madeleine killed Malek’s father. It is possible that Madeline survives Malek’s attack in the PTS and the only person who can explain the connection is Blofeld……

Though do remember that this rumoured “flashback” is said to take place at scene 15. Which according to the Spectre script would be around the time Bond walks through MI6 to see M (the deleted scene in the trailer). So the “flashback” is post-MTS. Could Waltz appear early in the film?

I really need Bond to confront Blofeld again. Whilst Spectre fudged Blofled’s return, I always felt the character works in small doses opposed to being a “lead” villain. Also, we need a bald Blofeld!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps, we have a title as well from Blofeld’s comment in Spectre: “My wounds will heal, how about yours?”

Is Bond 25 going to be called WOUNDS?
    ... also now that Blofeld is back, we can wait and see if @PanchitoPistoles will keep his pledge. Over to you buddy.
    What was @PanchitoPistoles' pledge again? I'm sure he'll move the goal posts whatever it was.
    I really need Bond to confront Blofeld again. Whilst Spectre fudged Blofled’s return, I always felt the character works in small doses opposed to being a “lead” villain. Also, we need a bald Blofeld!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps, we have a title as well from Blofeld’s comment in Spectre: “My wounds will heal, how about yours?”

Is Bond 25 going to be called WOUNDS?

Bond and Blofeld already had their ultimate confrontation. Blofeld was left humiliated in every possibile way, with the perspective of a lifetime in prison. He will sure have time to think about all the "better things Bond has done and will do" while looking a prison wall. To have a confrontation with Madeleine feels far more exciting, on the other hand. Some things were hinted in SP, but never explored. Agreed regarding the bald Blofeld.

Wounds is already a 2019 horror movie. Definitely a B-series horror movie type of title...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    'WOUNDS' would be half the title of a Steven Seagal movie. ;-)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    How about Healing Wounds? Does it sound hideous enough?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Walecs wrote: »
    How about Healing Wounds? Does it sound hideous enough?

Why stop there? :-)

Exit Wounds (that has been mentioned before on some thread, surely)

Bullet Wounds

There's probably a clever way to work Wounds into a longer title too.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    'WOUNDS' would be half the title of a Steven Seagal movie. ;-)

The other half being the preceding word: 'Self-Inflicted'? ;)
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Guys, there’s a thread for titles ;)

Those roads near Matera made me think of To Catch a Thief.
    Why does B25 have to have "wounds" in its title at all? Where's the clever word-play in calling your movie just Wounds? I suppose it'll make it easy coming up with its sequel. James Bond will return in Contusions.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Why does B25 have to have "wounds" in its title at all? Where's the clever word-play in calling your movie just Wounds? I suppose it'll make it easy coming up with its sequel. James Bond will return in Contusions.

Given the state of film titles these days, nothing would be surprising, really…
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 624
    EON Productions LTD
    Present
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007
    in
    The Wounds Caused by My Brother Blofeld

Cringe enough for ya? ;)
    Univex wrote: »

Yes! Such a beautiful Mediterranean flavor.

BTW, such a bad day for poor Panchito. Italy will be Italy and Blofeld is back. Does it mean he’d delete his account? XD

EDIT: Since someone mentioned before the Madonna della Bruna festival in Matera, I'd like to add that it's the typical South Italian uber folkloristic religious procession that always works in Hollywood movies. Let's keep up the italian stereotype! Just think about The Godfather Part II. During the summertime I think it's the most plausible festival they could use in the movie, since they have 1000+ extras. But I don't think even Bond can make it through this madness!

IMG7700.jpg

Funnily, there's already people in Matera complaining and worrying about such a mammoth crew coming to the small town. That was topic of discussion at today's conference, but the major basically said "fuck it" because it's too much of a unique and remunerative opportunity for this small city.

Wasn't that Monaco? Reminds me more of this from OHMSS...
    Setubal%2Broad%2Bcurve.jpg
    bondsum wrote: »

Wasn't that Monaco? Reminds me more of this from OHMSS...
    Setubal%2Broad%2Bcurve.jpg

Yes TCaT was Monaco but the landscape is quite similar, even if the italian one is far more "wild" and less inhabited. OHMSS remake confirmed. ;)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    "The Festa della Bruna (Festa di Maria Santissima della Bruna, Festa della Madonna della Bruna) is the principal festival of the town of Matera, in Italy's southern Basilicata region. Although the festival is in honour of the town's sacred protectress, the Madonna della Bruna, it is far from being a purely religious event. Tens of thousands of local people turn out onto the streets for a week of celebrations with coloured lights, market stalls, town bands and grand processions. Events climax with a pagan-style rite of destruction, before a valedictory firework display."

http://www.italyheaven.co.uk/basilicata/matera-festa-della-bruna.html

bari-the-traditional-italian-festa-della-bruna-in-matera_1920x1080.jpg?1526475855

Sounds Bondian to me maybe this film will be called Blofeld.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,588
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited July 2019 Posts: 2,630
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,588
    I don't recall it being posted here but there was also filming taking place on Hammersmith Bridge last night.

Edit:
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,333
    jake24 wrote: »
    There's a number of rowing clubs down there. I wonder if there's a connection?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Italian executive producer Enzo Sisti dropped some small new info in this interview.

First, it's official: Matera will portray... Matera. For the first time the city won't double for Jerusalem or other North African cities like was suggested months ago. Sorry @PanchitoPistoles ;)

He said that this is going to be the most complicated movie ever filmed in this part of Italy.

They will also film car scenes (hopefully a chase) through the beautiful streets of the Maratea coast. Maratea is like 175 km from Matera, in-between Campania and Calabria. It is one of the most beautiful coasts in southern Italy. Here there are some pictures. Looks quite dangerous. Hopefully, none of the crew will be hurt, like in QoS.

6865.jpg

IMG_3804_2-1624x1080.jpg

Torre_dei_Crivi.JPG

sapri-maratea-strada-panoramica-106_new.jpg?ssl=1

maratea.jpg

Definitely Bondian