Connections between two Bond films

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,554
    GF: "You like a close shave," says Pussy to Bond.
    SF: We see him receiving one from Moneypenny and, indeed, liking it.
    LALD / MR : Bond uses a delta plane.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,087
    TripAces wrote: »

The words
    'shave'
    and
    'pussy'
    should never be that close together in a sentence. [-(
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »

The words
    'shave'
    and
    'pussy'
    should never be that close together in a sentence. [-(

:-$
    QOS & SP - Bond kills someone at a Spectre meeting.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Tomorrow never dies and Thunderball. James Bond goes underwater to look for a mssing plane or Submarine.
    LALD & MR - Bond is hunted by a reptile.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    DR. NO and OCTOPUSSY: Bond kills a spider.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In DN it is a tarantula. Let s call it an arachnid.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Octopussy and Quantum of Solace - feature Alfa Romeo cars
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sure it's been noted before, but: QoS and TSWLM - Bond and the Bond girl walk through a desert while dressed up. Also, a henchman dangles off a roof, holding on to Bond's tie, before Bond knocks his arm away, sending him falling.
    YOLT and Spectre - Blofeld has a scar down his face.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Good one!

AVTAK and LTK; Bond has a personal chauffeur who drives him around in a Rolls-Royce.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Good one!

AVTAK and LTK; Bond has a personal chauffeur who drives him around in a Rolls-Royce.
    And FYEO, OHMSS & SP.
    Die Another Day and For Your Eyes Only - 2 films other than TSWLM to feature Nobody Does it Better
    Die Another Day and For Your Eyes Only - 2 films other than TSWLM to feature Nobody Does it Better
    Where @tanaka123? I can't believe I missed this.
    @bondjames - when Bond and Q go to the Identikit room, Q punches into a keypad which plays the first notes of 'Nobody Does it ...' and Bond completes the 'Better' notes when he punches in the final numbers to open the door.

DAD, we get a short phrase of it when Madonna appears.
    Thanks @tanaka123. I must be an idiot. I never noticed that before, despite having seen both films numerous times, and even knowing that key punch sound down pat (it's playing my mind right now, and you're right - it is that song!).
    bondjames wrote: »
    Thanks @tanaka123. I must be an idiot. I never noticed that before, despite having seen both films numerous times, and even knowing that key punch sound down pat (it's playing my mind right now, and you're right - it is that song!).

It is quite subtle. Also when Sheriff Pepper appears in TMWTGG a short phrase of Live and Let Die is played too.

It is quite subtle. Also when Sheriff Pepper appears in TMWTGG a short phrase of Live and Let Die is played too.
    And I didn't know that either! Despite having watched both films recently. I will listen for it next time. So much to look out for.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    @bondjames this has made me think of another 2 Bond film connection

Moonraker and FYEO - both feature door opening keypads that play theme music from another film - Moonraker = Close Encounters of the Third Kind; For Your Eyes Only = The Spy Who Loved Me
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

And I didn't know that either! Despite having watched both films recently. I will listen for it next time. So much to look out for.

During the tanker chase in LTK, there is a section of machine gun fire that plays the Bond theme. I always enjoy hearing that one.

There is also a cleaner in OHMSS who is whistling Goldfinger theme. ;)

During the tanker chase in LTK, there is a section of machine gun fire that plays the Bond theme. I always enjoy hearing that one.

Yes you are right, also the electronic noise from the start of Dr . No appears in DAD just before Bond goes over board in his pyjamas.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    @tanaka123, I can't believe I didn't notice the keypad song in FYEO. Thanks for that info.

Yes, I noticed the cleaner (after it was mentioned on this forum) but never caught the machine gun bit! I am obviously not observant enough. Well, at least there's more to notice when I watch these films again.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    edited May 2016 Posts: 13,384
    I've never been able to hear the Theme in the machine gun sequence !
    I guess I've no ear for music. :D
    took me ages to hear tne sample from OHMSS used in AWTD from QOS.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DN and Bond 25: Bond in Jamaica.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    LTK and Bond 25: cursed production.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,442
    SF&SP: Thomas Newman as composer :-h
    SF&SP: Sam Mendes as directer :-h
    SF & Bond 25: More London / old car re-using
    SP & Bond 25: Lea Seydoux
    LTK & Bond 25: Fames Felix face actor returns as Felix after a long time..
    DAD & Bond 25: Cuba and again not the original country be used.
    Twine & Bond 25: Actres credit as to sexy. Denise vs Anna.

Yolt and Bond 25: Actors 5th Bond movie, whyle you can discus or actor stil like the part after this one and possible make 6th movie.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,281
    YOLT and Bond 25: Scenes shot partly in Norway (outdoor shot of the Russian radar station where U.S. and Soviet leaders are having the meeting / car scene at Atlanterhavsvegen featuring the stand-ins wearing face replacement "dots").