Connections between two Bond films

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    CR and QOS: only Bond films where it rains.

It rains in SF and SP too ;)

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    OHMSS-FYEO: Bond stays in Europe.

Good point. Are your sure he went to the Asian side of Istanbul in FRWL?

YOLT-LTK: Bond is never in Europe.

Yes, they take the Bosphorus ferry. It connects the Asian and European sides.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 5,774
    I don't know if it has been said before, but :

YOLT and OHMSS : Bond gets married. Which makes him bigamous, unless he got a divorce from the first wife.

Yolt and LTK : Bond fights ninjas.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is a list on page one, and @tigers99 later added a million more connections a few pages back.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,023
    tigers99 wrote: »
    OHMSS and DAD - we see Bond's office

Or we don't as that was all virtual reality - well not OHMSS

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Birdleson wrote: »

It definitely rains in SKYFALL (M looking out of her office window when she hears that Bond has been shot in the PTS), but where is the rain in SPECTRE?

It rains when M, Q and MP are in the restaurant in London - M takes out and opens his umbrella as he walks out.
    From page 1 - who is the western actor portraying an oriental character in YOLT?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

It definitely rains in SKYFALL (M looking out of her office window when she hears that Bond has been shot in the PTS), but where is the rain in SPECTRE?

It rains when M, Q and MP are in the restaurant in London - M takes out and opens his umbrella as he walks out.

I went and looked. Plenty of rain coming down. How could I have missed that after 18 viewings?

Of so many "favourite" scenes of SP the restaurant sequence is one more. The atmosphere, the dialogue, the acting, the setting. It's dark, tense, conspiracy themed and the sense of the immediate danger they are all in lies in the air. The raining is another great vehicle to bring this feelings/atmosphere to the screen.
    Mendes really can be a genius. Everything falls into place perfectly and works so well.
    GF and YOLT - both feature actor Burt Kwouk
    YOLT and CR - both feature actress Tsai Chin
    TB and CR - both feature actress Diane Hartford
    DAF and YOLT - both feature Moneypenny in uniform - Customs Officer and Naval
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    vzok wrote: »
    From page 1 - who is the western actor portraying an oriental character in YOLT?

Sean Connery!
  • Tokoloshe wrote: »

Sean Connery!

Well. It is more of a western actor portraying a western character portrayed in an oriental disguise.
    You may be right.

I'll update the front page list soon. It will take a while!
  • In both Goldfinger and The Man with the Golden Gun, there is a man with a golden gun. Hee hee.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    Some car ones:

A View To A Kill and The World Is Not Enough are the only films where Bond's car gets sawn in half.
    For Your Eyes Only and The Living Daylights are the only films where Bond's car explodes because of its own gadgets.
    Tomorrow Never Dies and Die Another Day are the only ones where the bulletproof windscreen in Bond's car is shattered.
    Diamonds Are Forever and The Man With The Golden Gun are the only films where Bond drives a car in a major car chase and the car emerges unscathed.
    Diamonds Are Forever and Octopussy are the only ones where Bond puts his car on two wheels (both cars happen to be common cars that aren't even his).
    Live And Let Die and Tomorrow Never Dies are the only ones where Bond does some "backseat driving".
    The Spy Who Loved Me and The World Is Not Enough are the only ones where Bond's car fires a missile upwards to destroy a helicopter.

Also, Moonraker and The World Is Not Enough are the only Bond flicks to feature out a tricked-out boat.
    @stun_harvesting Bond's car also explodes in TLD, the Esprit remains unscathed in TSWLM
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    @tanaka123 - I forgot about Bond's car exploding in TLD. I'll change it to the fact that TLD and FYEO are the only ones where Bond's car explodes by virtue of its own gadgets.

The Espirit is largely unscathed, but I believe a hole was formed/widened in the roof which is why Anya exclaims "Do you think we'll make it?" as water gushes in through the roof and we get some funny cringe faces from Bach and Moore.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »

Sean Connery!

Ha ha. My mind blanked that out. I must have thought he was a real oriental gentleman.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325
    CR and TB - Bahamas setting
    DAF and TSWLM - Egypt setting
    Octopusssy and TND - Bond has 2 Walther pistols - PPK and P5 in OP; PPK and P99 in TND
    TLD and GE - Bond shoots Kalashnikovs
    FRWL and GF - title sequences designed by Robert Brownjohn
    TSWLM and MR - screenplays by Christopher Wood
    CR and SF - edited by Stuart Baird
    SF and SP - both mention Skyfall
    SF and SP - both directed by Sam Mendes
  • @tanaka123 - LTK also has a moment in the Bahamas.
    @tanaka123 - LTK also has a moment in the Bahamas.

Shhh ...
  • @tanaka123 - We're just trading corrections :)
  • YOLT and SF - Bond dies in the pretitle sequence.
    DAD and SF - Someone tells someone else that they aren't trying hard enough by telling them to "put their back into it".
    DAD and SP - Bond uses his Aston's ejector seat on himself
    OHMSS and SP - TS feature scenes from previous Bond films
  • GF and TND - Bond releases tear gas from his car.
    DAF and AVTAK - Bond feigns death while under a surface.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

So does GF (helicopter scene from FRWL). ;)

So does GF (helicopter scene from FRWL). ;)

Doesn't actually appear in the film though, it was a deleted scene.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Die another day and The main villain changes his name and fakes his own death.
    In Die another day and Skyfall M ask if he expected an apology
    Die Another Day and Spectre - only 2 Bond films to have home video releases with a soundtrack that has more than 5.1 channels

Live and Let Die and The Man with the Golden Gun - only 2 Bond films shot in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio
    Die Another Day and Spectre - only 2 Bond films to have home video releases with a soundtrack that has more than 5.1 channels

Live and Let Die and The Man with the Golden Gun - only 2 Bond films shot in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio

Thanks for this and the other contributions. Just to be clear, I'm limiting the list to things that are easily visible onscreen during the film. If we start going into behind the scenes crew then the list will become unmanageable (and extremely tedious!).

Tokoloshe wrote: »

Thanks for this and the other contributions. Just to be clear, I'm limiting the list to things that are easily visible onscreen during the film. If we start going into behind the scenes crew then the list will become unmanageable (and extremely tedious!).

Sure 'ting cap'n