No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    On a different note, I wish they'd kept Ralph's M wearing suspenders. They suited the character. And I'm shocked at how old he looks now. He doesn't look 56, he looks older, much older.
    Come on! Ralph looks mid-40s!
    Ralph+Fiennes+Prince+Wales+Visits+James+Bond+CDw4DWyr2Oel.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ralph has barely aged since SP.
    Side note: is this an issue of dialect? I think of tie pins and tie bars as 2 different things. And I would describe what Craig's wearing as a tie bar.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    octofinger wrote: »
    Side note: is this an issue of dialect? I think of tie pins and tie bars as 2 different things.

Probably just a tie po.
    Well played, sir.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Side note: is this an issue of dialect? I think of tie pins and tie bars as 2 different things. And I would describe what Craig's wearing as a tie bar.

Tie pin, tie bar, tie clip; I've seen them all referred as the same thing. I have a tie bar (pin/clip) lying around somewhere, and I know it's labeled "tie pin" on the box it came in.

Tie pin, tie bar, tie clip; I've seen them all referred as the same thing.

So it s a tie.

Tie pin, tie bar, tie clip; I've seen them all referred as the same thing.

So it s a tie.

giphy.gif
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Brilliant, folks. Who needs Phoebe what's her name? ;)

Tie bar, btw. Tie pin in another thing altogether. My mistake.
    Brilliant, folks. Who needs Phoebe what's her name? ;)

Tie bar, btw. Tie pin in another thing altogether. My mistake.

I think it was my mistake in the first place! Although my tie bar is called a tie pin…
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Isn't this a tie pin?

IMG_9058.JPG?v=1520266253

And this a tie bar?

tie-clip-silver-structured-small-john-henric-1.jpg

And Bond also had a collar pin in SP. Something I think our Bond from the Novels would never use.

edward-sexton-white-pin-collar.jpg

Oh, and @Torgeirtrap, great minds make same great mistakes, I guess ;) Cheers

• edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    I blame the manufacturer of my tie clip, @Univex!

(Sorry for going off-topic)

Damn him! Damn him to hell. He's to blame for it all.

;)

Damn him! Damn him to hell. He's to blame for it all.

;)

The author of all my tie pin…sorry, tie bar related mistakes!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,921
    Benny wrote: »
    Charles was more excited about meeting Ralph Fiennes than about anything else. :)) No wonder he ignored Fukunaga!

And a set visit from a member of the British Royal family and the heir to the throne, creating positive World news is bad for Bond 25 how?
    Where did I even imply it was bad for Bond 25???

It was very good publicity. Mainly because the red-wing tabloids (the exact publications who are attacking the production on the regular) are all unabashedly royalists. So this was great timing by all involved. Both the Sun and the Daily Mail were supportive of the production as a result.

The thing that has me concerned in hindsight is how much the sets and costumes looked like a hangover from the Sam Mendes days. I'd be gutted if Cary essentially does a Sam Mendes impersonation behind the camera. I need him to inject some more irreverent and subversive energy.

I don't want a Sam Mendes tribute act. We already have two films from him.

Or maybe they're saving money to use elsewhere...

No reason to go to the worst case scenario for every decision.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 870
    Connery had a tie clip in GF.
    james-bond-goldfinger-tie-clip-1024x576.jpg

james-bond-goldfinger-tie-clip-bts.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2019 Posts: 7,518
    Isn't this a tie pin?

And this a tie bar?

And Bond also had a collar pin in SP. Something I think our Bond from the Novels would never use.

edward-sexton-white-pin-collar.jpg

Oh, and @Torgeirtrap, great minds make same great mistakes, I guess ;) Cheers

Agreed about the tie pin, tie bar/tie clip difference. Our Bond from the novels would use a collar pin if the situation required him to. I feel the purpose of a collar pin is obvious to anyone who's ever worn a tie, and I'd be happy to wear one myself (though I never have). I feel a funeral in Rome is a perfectly acceptable occasion for a collar pin.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2019 Posts: 7,518

Tie bars were worn much lower in the 50s and 60s than they are today, which makes a lot more sense, given their purpose.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.
    @Pierce2Daniel I love that the MI6 set looks the same as it did in the Mendes era. I always hated it when they redesigned MI6 in every single film.

Hallelujah!
    Why they ever got rid of the old office in the first place I will never know.
    I was so happy to see it resurrected in SF. I hope it stays around after Craig is gone. I also would be happy if Fiennes, Whishaw, and Harris all stuck around.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 677
    Eh, I liked the MI6 offices in QOS more than the ones in SP.

Also, the temporary underground offices in SF added a freshness to the proceedings.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Getafix wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel I love that the MI6 set looks the same as it did in the Mendes era. I always hated it when they redesigned MI6 in every single film.

Hallelujah!
    Why they ever got rid of the old office in the first place I will never know.

I never understood such. Especially the unexplained change that QOS had moving from the Brosnan era building in CR to some high tech sci-fi office. It looked like the office from Minority Report.
    Isn't this a tie pin?

And this a tie bar?

That is not true, since Bond wears it at an Italian funeral, which is akin to the situation in the LALD novel, where Bond changes his outer appearance quite a bit at the behest of Felix.

• Commander005Commander005 Melbourne, Australia
    Tie pins/Tie bars/Collar pins are a bit OTT and anally retentive. But then, I much prefer the idea of sprezzatura than trying to make every little part of your clothes stay in place 'just so'.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Fastenating info there, guys.
    Who is the man in the middle?
    That is Smithers, demonstrating Q's new gadget cane for the guy with the limp. The not-so-concealed umbrella feature is to shield against the blood rain which keeps bucketing down on this production.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited June 2019 Posts: 16,328
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Daniel Craig aka THE BOND WHO BLEEDS...
    license-to-kill-odds-ends-2.jpg

0e182fee0557459ac06624864c6bd12a.jpg

You only bleed twice. ;)

I never noticed it before. Thank you.

About the tie collar pin, I suppose it suits the funeral in Rome. In this day and age, Bond wearing such things is a delight, given that so many people have lost a sense of style and good taste all around. I'm not opposed to any of them being used, even the tie bar. I've got two or three myself.
    Isn t there a clothes thread somewhere?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Charles was more excited about meeting Ralph Fiennes than about anything else. :)) No wonder he ignored Fukunaga!

And a set visit from a member of the British Royal family and the heir to the throne, creating positive World news is bad for Bond 25 how?

Your complete qu

Your complete quote PP was...

Charles was more excited about meeting Ralph Fiennes than about anything else. :))No wonder he ignored Fukunaga!

As it reads, it implies negativity. When, if you view the video of Charles visit it was a very positive experience.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I'd imagine Charles knows Fiennes better than anyone else on set, considering his long filmography.