Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Loved the originals, not seen the second one yet let alone this one! But will watch them at somepoint?!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll pass on these last two. You can't top the original/s, although I really enjoyed the one with Mark Wahlberg.

The Burton film was the best.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Quite possibly. I think I rate that and the original fairly equally.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh, I am very, very excited. Kurt Russell says 'The Hateful Eight' could shoot in early 2015:

http://www.slashfilm.com/hateful-eight-2015/
    Oh Kurt Russel, I really miss his badassness in movies
    @dragonsky, he's in the new 'Fast & Furious' film, can't wait to see how he does in that. Then he has more Tarantino work with 'The Hateful Eight,' which will be amazing, and the article I posted says something about a movie set in the 1800's where him and a group of people set out to rescue some townsfolk from cave-dwelling cannibal monsters or something like that? I don't know, but it sounds entertaining enough for me!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @dragonsky, he's in the new 'Fast & Furious' film, can't wait to see how he does in that. Then he has more Tarantino work with 'The Hateful Eight,' which will be amazing, and the article I posted says something about a movie set in the 1800's where him and a group of people set out to rescue some townsfolk from cave-dwelling cannibal monsters or something like that? I don't know, but it sounds entertaining enough for me!

That sounds like a spiritual sequel to "The Thing." Cool.
    If you like 'The Thing,' there's a new independent sci-fi film coming out called 'Harbinger Down.' It was funded by Kickstarter, and it was created by ADI, the special effects studio who worked on the prequel for 'The Thing.' They created all practical, animatronic effects for the aforementioned prequel, but before it was released, it was all altered via CGI, essentially ruining what they worked on. They decided to create their own sci-fi film (which looks exactly like Carpenter's 'The Thing,' and all of it will be filmed using practical effects). The trailer looks B-grade, but I love the aim and goal they're going for, so I will happily watch it.
    Wait so both Jason Statham and Kurt Russel will be in FF7 ?

Ok my expectations just got higher
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,371
    @dragonsky, indeed they will. So will Tony Jaa.

Here's a horrible international poster for 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For,' sans areola:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103664
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2014 Posts: 28,694
    @dragonsky, indeed they will. So will Tony Jaa.

Here's a horrible international poster for 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For,' sans areola:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103664

Wow, what a horrible photoshopping job, especially on my beloved Eva. They took a beautiful woman, scratch that, goddess, and made her look nearly unrecognizable and plastic like a doll. They flipped/mirrored the original photo and touched it up so sloppily. Yikes...
    Like I said: horrible. Can't believe people are actually paid to create some of these terribly-Photoshopped posters. It's a disgrace. They're given all that material and this is literally the best they can offer.
    Yes, it's heartbreaking to see that poster, especially considering all the talented artists out there who would jump at the chance to do it for free.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

It is a shame he did not make a series. Did it bomb at the box office or what?
    It is a shame he did not make a series. Did it bomb at the box office or what?
    Apparently not. According to wikipedia, it had the second-highest opening weekend of 2001, behind Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, is the tenth-highest grossing film in North America and ninth-highest worldwide, of 2001. With a budget of $100 million, it made more than three times that at the BO. Not too shabby, I'd say. It got mixed reviews though, which is bound to happen with such a remake.
    Here are the first official photos from 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120646
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Rhody's going to be in the Avengers too??? Oh yeah!
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,371
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Rhody's going to be in the Avengers too??? Oh yeah!

Indeed he is! And I'm Chris Evans' stunt double, of course. ;)

EDIT: Here is yet another new poster for 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For':

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/80115/hr_Frank_Millers_Sin_City:_A_Dame_to_Kill_For_24.jpg
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,879
    haha. They changed the pic of Eva because, you know, PHOTOSHOP FAIL!
    haha. They changed the pic of Eva because, you know, PHOTOSHOP FAIL!
    Now they just have her walking through the door like she goes through mine every night.
    For 'A Dame To Kill For,' I feel like they're amping up: (spoilers for 'Sin City')
    Bruce Willis' Hartigan way too much. The storyline he will be in is a sequel to the one in 'Sin City,' so how is he in so much of the marketing? I figured he would be just a ghost for a scene or two, but perhaps not.

Here are the first official photos from 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120646

Awww yiss. Avengers seems to be shaping up to be another Billion dollar box office hit. 2015 should be an AMAZING year for movies. Star Wars,Avengers,Bond....what else is there ? Mission Impossible ? Oh my..I can't wait.
    Oh, and I forgot to post this was the stuff from 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron,' but here's the EW cover for it, showing off Ultron himself:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/this-weeks-cover-avengers-age-of-ultron/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like the Captain's uniform. It looks closer to the costume he wore in Captain America: First Avenger.
    It could just be the lighting, but from 'Thor' up until now, Thor's hair seems to get darker and greasier as time goes on. It's time for someone to pencil in a shower in-between saving the world and whatnot.
    For 'A Dame To Kill For,' I feel like they're amping up: (spoilers for 'Sin City')
    Bruce Willis' Hartigan way too much. The storyline he will be in is a sequel to the one in 'Sin City,' so how is he in so much of the marketing? I figured he would be just a ghost for a scene or two, but perhaps not.
    Yeah, I can only see him being in flashbacks. Pretty hard to walk away from a bullet to the head.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7,
    Then again, everyone in the world of 'Sin City' appears to be invincible. He was already shot numerous times before, so who knows, he could've survived it. Hell, Benicio del Toro's character was beheaded and he was still alive! I'm sure he's just in flashbacks, but it could be that Hartigan is fueling Nancy so much that he is with her the entire time, in a sense.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7,
    Then again, everyone in the world of 'Sin City' appears to be invincible. He was already shot numerous times before, so who knows, he could've survived it. Hell, Benicio del Toro's character was beheaded and he was still alive! I'm sure he's just in flashbacks, but it could be that Hartigan is fueling Nancy so much that he is with her the entire time, in a sense.

That last comment is an interesting theory that I could see being true.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7,

Apparently, Nancy's story involves her learning to cope with his death, so he has to be a vision. The marketing could be utilizing the mindset that (though I don't know why) putting Bruce Willis on the posters will put more asses in seats? I'm not sure. I'm also confused about Marv's story, because even though I just rewatched 'Sin City,' I don't recall when exactly he is electrocuted in jail and when the rest of the stories come into place. His story in 'A Dame To Kill For' happens on the night that Hartigan meets up with Nancy in the bar. I'm guessing this is either a prequel to the events that happen with Goldie in 'Sin City,' or maybe he didn't really die in prison.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7,
    I posted the latest teaser with Jessica Alba halfway down page 53 of this thread. It seems to answer this question. Beware though!

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/180523/Sin_City_A_Dame_to_Kill_For_trailer_features_Jessica_Alba[/quote]