Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Bradford4 wrote:
    Rude.

I didn't mean anything bad by it and Creasy if I hurt your feelings I am sorry just was trying to point out how annoyed I am that a film I didn't like got a sequel
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:
    Bradford4 wrote:
    Rude.

I didn't mean anything bad by it and Creasy if I hurt your feelings I am sorry just was trying to point out how annoyed I am that a film I didn't like got a sequel

It didn't hurt my feelings in the slightest, just posting it for others (who care, like myself). Why are you annoyed that a film nobody is forcing you to watch was made? Just don't watch it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Bradford4 wrote:
    Rude.

It didn't hurt my feelings in the slightest, just posting it for others (who care, like myself). Why are you annoyed that a film nobody is forcing you to watch was made? Just don't watch it.

Well, to be fair we all act like that whenever another pointless remake is announced. We aren't being forced to see those films either, but hate them and the studios that push them to be made regardless of that fact.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Bradford4 wrote:
    Rude.

Well, to be fair we all act like that whenever another pointless remake is announced. We aren't being forced to see those films either, but hate them and the studios that push them to be made regardless of that fact.

True, fair enough.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Bradford4 wrote:
    Rude.

True, fair enough.

Sorry I was trying to be comical like other users. I must admit I guess Wit and humor are not my strong suits on this board.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    The first Sin City is one of my absolute favourite films of the 2000s, so it's good to hear any news on the second film. It certainly restored my good mood after that dreadful Naked Gun remake news... Yeesh! ;)

It's actually done filming and should be out in August 2014. I can't wait! It's got one excellent cast.

Along with Interstellar, this is my most anticipated 2014 film.

Funny you say that, because here's a treat for you:

Thank you for that treat. It gave away nothing, but gave an impression of the tone of the film, just as I like it. Cannot expect more so early, anyway.
    @Thunderfinger, that's what I enjoyed it about it: very small amount of footage with a minuscule idea of what the film is about. It's Nolan, so I'm sure he'll impress me once again.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt is directing and starring in the upcoming SANDMAN film. Neil Gaiman himself is tied to the project, so really looking forward to this.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 5,767
    I´m not too familiar with Wes Anderson´s work so far, but I wanna see this:

Oh, and I see our guys repaired the plane :-) :

@boldfinger, same. I enjoyed 'The Darjeeling Limited' but I couldn't sit through 'The Royal Tenenbaums.' I tried but it just wasn't for me. His new one looks good. As for 'The Expendables 3,' I'm as excited for it as I was the first two. It seems like a lot of teaser trailers as of late really do tease, not showing off anything.
    @Creasy, I think you´re right about the teasers, this one also teases without showing much:

That it does, along with 'Interstellar': lots of real, older footage shots and only a few from the film with a narration by Matthew McConaughey. It's interesting to see teaser trailers that tease.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    boldfinger wrote:

That was insanely clever. I thought the first film was okay, and haven't seen the 2nd, but I hope to soon.
    Hollywood has plans to destroy remake another Korean film, this time, 'I Saw The Devil':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112703

I'm sorry, but why? This is so pointless. The original is fantastic, one of my favorite Korean films, WHY do this? First 'Oldboy' and now this? Pathetic.
    OMG how that Expendables 3 trailer made me smile! :D :-bd
  • Really looking forward to Expendables 3, loved the first two, but where is Jackie Chan? I was promised Jackie Chan.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,551
    Really looking forward to Expendables 3, loved the first two, but where is Jackie Chan? I was promised Jackie Chan.

It was confirmed a few months ago that he wasn't going to be in it. Apparently he wanted more than a cameo but didn't receive it. No Seagal or Jovovich, either.

EDIT: Here's a second 'Transcendence' teaser trailer:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112718
    How To Train Your Dragon 2's debut trailer:

I thought the first film was okay, and haven't seen the 2nd, but I hope to soon.
    @0Brady where the first film had its moments when it seemed a bit lost in seriousness the second is tongue-in-cheek all throughout. The first 5min alone had me lying on the floor, it was so insanely funny. Not to forget Van Damme´s epic look of evil.

boldfinger wrote:
    I thought the first film was okay, and haven't seen the 2nd, but I hope to soon.
    @0Brady where the first film had its moments when it seemed a bit lost in seriousness the second is tongue-in-cheek all throughout. The first 5min alone had me lying on the floor, it was so insanely funny. Not to forget Van Damme´s epic look of evil.
    That's good to hear. I hope the editing of the action and cinematography are a little better in #2. The choreography and visuals were great in the first film, but some of the editing was so sloppy and the sets so badly lit that you could barely see what was going on, especially during the climax where it was basically pitch dark.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,551
    Here's the full trailer for 'Transcendence':

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    How To Train Your Dragon 2's debut trailer:
    I remember deciding to watch the first film on TV simply because there was nothing else on. It turned out to be really good. Might have to catch this one in 3D.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Seems like Maya Hanson and Extremis got their own spin-off ;).

Just joking, but, dammit, where do these guys always get such an amazing cast!

Pfister coming from camera, I sense a chance of a little style over substance, which would be just my type of thing :-).

Creasy47 wrote:

Wow that looks just wow
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,459
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's the trailer for 'White Bird In A Blizzard,' starring the beautiful Eva Green and the talented Shailene Woodley:

http://www.slashfilm.com/white-bird-in-a-blizzard-trailer-shailene-woodley-returns-to-sundance/
    Interesting. I wonder if the film is a murder/crime thriller? Either way, if Eva's in it, I'll check it out if I can.

I must think about P.S. I Love You http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431308/ with Gerard Butler and Jennifer Gardner

Fox confirmd Ice Age 5 for July 2016. This mean it wil be in same month as we possible can expect POTC 5.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30191/new-dates-ice-age-5-anubis-words-sex
    Ice Age 5
    20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios have scheduled a July 15th 2016 release for a fifth film in the "Ice Age" animated film series. Collectively, the four films to release so far have grossed more than $2.8 billion worldwide.

Another remake on the way - Starship Troopers. Clearly, Hollywood is intent on going through Paul Verhoeven's entire back catalogue.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/starship-troopers-remake-moving-ahead-081043868.html

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Another remake on the way - Starship Troopers. Clearly, Hollywood is intent on going through Paul Verhoeven's entire back catalogue.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/starship-troopers-remake-moving-ahead-081043868.html

What a shame. :-w
    I give up on Hollywood anymore. All of the films being remade in the next few years will be remade once again in 2045-2050.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    A 4 minute clip from Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit is now online:

Looking pretty good so far.
    A fight in the bathroom. Where did they get the idea for that? ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,904
    A fight in the bathroom. Where did they get the idea for that? ;-)

Narrow Margin... True Lies... Kindergarten Cop?. :D