Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm still holding out for a spy film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He's talked up giving up on directing after a few years, and that was around the time of 'Inglourious Basterds,' so hopefully he has some more in him after this next western.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,912
    TimeCop and Sudden Death are guilty JCVD pleasures of mine, but this? There are no words (no good ones anyway)

Sudden Death is one of my favourite JCVD films (and not as a guilty pleasure) along with: Hard Target, Nowhere To Run, Assassination Games, Second In Command, Universal Solder & 6 Bullets. So there's no doubt that Enemies Closer will join my Van Damme collection.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    HAS ANYONE HEARD THIS DIE HARD 6 NEWS?!

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=29992

In a new interview, "Die Hard 6" writer Ben Trebilcook revealed a few details about the new movie. He said: "Without spoiling too much, I can say that McClane (Bruce Willis) is invited to Tokyo by the Nakatomi Corporation to be commended for his bravery and efforts in saving 36 lives, celebrating this on the 30th anniversary of the Naktatomi Hostage Crisis. It's not a double-act buddy-buddy story. McClane began on his own and should end on his own. Of course he's had assistance in various guises, aiding him in his ventures; but it's not 'Lethal Weapon' or a Jackie Chan film."

Please let this be true! This is the best possible way to end the series that I could ever imagine.
    ...NO.

No, Brady, you shut your filthy, lying mouth. You liar. There's no way 'Die Hard 6's plot will be that good. No.
    That plot actually sounds OK. I like the idea of a throwback to the original Die Hard. And let's be honest, it can't be any bloody worse than the last film.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've heard of ideas like this but hearing it from the horse's mouth makes it sound far better. Does this also mean a 2018 release date?
    Just saw the article, says that Samuel L. Jackson will return? Very interesting, though I wonder what will bring him to Nakatomi if he had no hand in the events in the first film.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Just saw the article, says that Samuel L. Jackson will return? Very interesting, though I wonder what will bring him to Nakatomi if he had no hand in the events in the first film.

I want Sgt. Al Powell damnit!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As well as Holly and the kids. I'm sure they'll appear at some point too.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I don't want Jack to be in it. Holly and Al Powell would be nice, wouldn't mind Lucy either.

Jackson popping up again seems like pointless fan service to me although as long as they come up with a good reason for his appearance I'm fine with it, really liked him in the 3rd film.
    @WillyGalore, and Powell can only return if he has some Twinkies, as well.

Holly and Powell, please. Maybe Argyle, as a cameo?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @WillyGalore, and Powell can only return if he has some Twinkies, as well.

Holly and Powell, please. Maybe Argyle, as a cameo?

"If this is their idea of Christmas, I gotta be here for New Years" ;-)
    If this news is true, who do you all think the villain/s will be? It's crucial to nail a great lead antagonist since the series has already seen the likes of the Gruber Bros.
    Well hopefully they don't try to bring back someone related to a villain. Thirty years have passed, and while it's "interesting" for someone to come back and attack McClane on the anniversary, no person would wait 30 years to exact vengeance on somebody else who killed someone close to them.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yes Yes YES!!! Please make DH-6 a great ending to the franchise. The last two films were Okay but I want a Grand Finale.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5,767
    I still stick to my old idea of the whole family working together against a gangster who is not related to any previous opponent and has simple motivations like greed and opportunism.

McClane and his son got their shit together and work as a team. They don´t waste time with constant denial, but try to learn from each other.
    Holly and Lucy do back office stuff, supported by Argyle, who has a day job as a high profile insurance investigator, thus knowing his way around a lot of skills, including being a killer detective. When he hears his old pal McClane has a job for him he´s more than excited to jump on the train.
    Samuel L. Jackson´s character heard of Argyle when he was in a McClane-PTSD group. Argyle´s personal development inspired Jackson to pull himself together and make more out of his skills as a radio technician, so he´s got a company now constructing electronic devices, the NSA and CIA being among his clients.
    Al Powell is mayor of LA and national combat shooting champion with his legendary .357 Magnum. He complains a lot about how being a mayor compromises his fitness routine.

The film has great lighting and colours, none of which are made by computers, though it would be ok if it was shot digitally.
    Rumor is Friday the 13th sequel willbe out march 13th 2015

I think it is easier to count how many films won't have a sequel in 2015 now lol

As for die hard 6 I will believe it when I see it I am hoping for a great film but we shall see.
    I didn't really know where to post this, but here's a great video where Christopher Nolan discusses some of his artistic influences:
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,614
    Here's the first trailer for the Wachowski's 'Jupiter Ascending':

Also, Dexter Fletcher will be directing the long-in-development Freddie Mercury biopic:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112267
    Not sure what to think of Jupiter Ascending.
    Sounds like the start of a series.
    Channing Tatum looks surprisingly cool.
    It looks like Beverly Hills Cop 4 is back on track. Jerry Bruckheimer has struck a deal with Paramount for Eddie Murphy to reprise his role as Axel Foley once more. Oh, and Brett Ratner will be directing... :-\"
    @Sandy, that was part of the article I linked. I think Ben's a great actor, but I really wanted to see how Sacha would've tackled it.

@boldfinger, I don't know how to feel about 'Jupiter Ascending,' either. I loved 'The Matrix' trilogy, never bothered with 'Speed Racer,' and I hated 'Cloud Atlas,' so we'll see. I'll probably wait for it to hit blu-ray before I watch it, unless the full trailer or a second trailer gets me excited.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Sandy, that was part of the article I linked. I think Ben's a great actor, but I really wanted to see how Sacha would've tackled it.
    Yes, that's a shame. I was really looking forward to it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yes, that's a shame. I was really looking forward to it.

So was I. I was talking to a good friend about it last night and he was saying that it's best to cast unknowns in biopics, so he thinks Ben will do a better job instead of people saying "Hey, Borat is playing that dude from Queen." But, Sacha looked the part, he can sing, it would've been fantastic. Plus, who is going to really notice that that is Borat or Bruno, in terms of the general audience?
    And it could have been Sacha's chance to show everyone even more than he already has that he is capable of doing amazing dramatic work beyond his comedy films.
    Well I think he did a great job at that with 'Les Miserables,' even though his character was more on the sinister, comedic side in the film. He still did one hell of a job.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well I think he did a great job at that with 'Les Miserables,' even though his character was more on the sinister, comedic side in the film. He still did one hell of a job.

I haven't seen that film yet, as I wanted to read the novel first. But thanks again to the wonderful internet and media, the book was spoiled for me big time and because of that I don't have much ambition at the moment to explore either the film or text.
    I say don't let it get you down and go ahead and watch the film. It was one stunning, beautiful film from beginning to end, I loved it. I rented it, not sure what to expect, and ended up having to buy it the next day because it blew me away.