Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

oo7 wrote:
    why has stallone not sought to cast an old bond yet?
    I thought he tried to get Connery?

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Willis for the new Blofeld! .........
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas have joined 'The Expendables 3,' with the former set to play the lead antagonist:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=107603
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I posted that in the Die Hard thread. It says a lot really.

And there's this:

UK Bans Bruce Willis’ Sky Ad As Being Misleading

Bruce Willis recently said he was getting bored of doing action films. Well, one endeavor in which he trades on his action background has now been shelved. The UK’s Advertising Standards Authority has banned an ad he made last year for Britain’s Sky broadband for being misleading. The ad was deemed not sufficiently clear when it came to the extent of the commitment consumers had to make in order to obtain the service at the advertised price. A voice-over in the ad says the service cost £7.50 a month, but small onscreen text said the deal was only for existing Sky TV customers. Text in the ad also stated that the purchase of other services was necessary. The ASA ruled, “The ad must not appear again in its current form.”
    I try not to let the personal life of stars get in the way of the films they do - people say they hate Tom Cruise's films because he's 'crazy' and a Scientologist, but I love almost everything he's put out in theaters lately - but since Willis has failed to impress me in a long while, I don't know if I'll be able to get into his movies anymore, knowing that he's showing up, tired of what he's doing.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I'll still go and see his films. I don't really get why people find it so hard to differ actors from the characters they're playing on screen. Bruce Willis might be a greedy knobhead in real life but that doesn't mean John Mcclane is.

Sean Connery think it's fine to hit women but he's still a great Bond (who's done lots of other great films too).

Tom Cruise is a scientologist that seems batshit mental sometimes but I still enjoy the Mission Impossible movies.

Mel Gibson is a homophobic anti semite who hit his wife but he's still awesome as Mad Max and has made some great movies over the years. I'm excited to see him in Machete 2 and the new Expendables film.
    @thelivingroyale, I agree, and I'm not saying that I'm just not going to show up at his movies anymore. 'Looper' was a very good movie, I still found some enjoyment in AGDTDH, and 'GI Joe: Retaliation' is probably my biggest guilty pleasure of the year so far. And in all honesty, can you blame the man for doing something he doesn't particularly care for anymore, just for a big fat paycheck? Absolutely not.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Willis seems bent on a lazy downward spiral of career suicide.
    But if plays a good character well, I am more than happy to see that character on the screen. Whether he feels happy about it or not. I care about the finished product since I am the movie fan (I pay for the entertainment). He can be the spoiled actor offscreen all he wants. Since I am not in the industry, that part does not directly affect me. Makes me question his personal decisions and attitude, yeah; but I still want to give whatever film comes along a chance, including if Bruce is in it.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, I agree, and I'm not saying that I'm just not going to show up at his movies anymore. 'Looper' was a very good movie, I still found some enjoyment in AGDTDH, and 'GI Joe: Retaliation' is probably my biggest guilty pleasure of the year so far. And in all honesty, can you blame the man for doing something he doesn't particularly care for anymore, just for a big fat paycheck? Absolutely not.
    You can however blame the man if his boredom shows on the screen. IMO GI Joe Retaliation is one of the few exceptions where Willis at least appears awake.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote:

Some things are better left untouched, that's all I can think and, mind you, I'm no big fan of the original!
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I'm still waiting from Hollywood to Bastardise, I mean, remake the likes of Jaws and Alien. Surely it's only a matter of time and when that day comes, humanity is officially doomed!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Bekmambetov doesn´t seem to be blessed with huge success since he started out in the West, so I wouldn´t worry too much ;-) .

@boldfinger, I just can't even believe someone could bring up the idea of such a thing.

"Let's remake a film such as this and, uhh...get the guy who directed 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' to direct it!"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    While I am no big fan of Ben-Hur, I agree that this is absurd. William Wyler and his team created a massive film of masterful proportions with expansive sets, stunning production design, complex stunts and more. I hate to say it, but this Bekmambetov and co. will never manage such an impressive undertaking in an age where special effects run rampant needlessly on the screen and Hollywood is drained further of any fresh ideas as each day passes. As it has been said before, why touch it? There is no relevancy in remaking it and it was adapted the best it could ever be way back in 1959. If they plan on doing another epic telling of it with at least three or three and a half hours of screen-time (close to the Wyler adaption's screen-time of 3 hours and 50 minutes) I don't know how they expect casual filmgoers accustomed to big 'splosions and gunfire every second to sit through it all and stay interested until credits roll. It just doesn't seem like the correct way to go. Then consider the depth and massive scale of the film not only in size, length and in the many years and themes it explores and you have a huge film that studios of today would have a hard time marketing to a partly torpid and close-mined filmgoing public.

From my point of view, Wyler's Hur isn't one to watch all at once. I did that when I saw it, and that probably hurt my enjoyment of the film where viewing it became a chore and not an enthusiastic and enjoyable experience. The next time I see it I will probably stop at the intermission and save the rest for the night afterwards so that I don't have to absorb everything all at once. It is the best way to view this film in my eyes, really.
    Before their blu-ray/DVD/digital releases on September 10th and September 17th, respectively, 'Star Trek Into Darkness' and 'World War Z' are returning to theaters as a double feature for a limited time, starting this Friday and ending on September 5th.

I loved both films and have plans to purchase both, but I think I may swing and see them both again as the double feature. Could be fun. Here's the information on where to get tickets:

http://www.slashfilm.com/world-war-z-and-star-trek-into-darkness-double-feature-hits-theaters-friday/
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Before their blu-ray/DVD/digital releases on September 10th and September 17th, respectively, 'Star Trek Into Darkness' and 'World War Z' are returning to theaters as a double feature for a limited time, starting this Friday and ending on September 5th.

I loved both films and have plans to purchase both, but I think I may swing and see them both again as the double feature. Could be fun. Here's the information on where to get tickets:

http://www.slashfilm.com/world-war-z-and-star-trek-into-darkness-double-feature-hits-theaters-friday/
    I enjoyed both of them. Let´s see if they´ll be screened in Germany as well.
    James Spader is Ultron in 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron':

http://www.slashfilm.com/james-spader-is-ultron-in-avengers-age-of-ultron/
  • First look at DeNiro & Stallone in Grudge Match.

Yes, it's the movie no one wants to see! LaMotta V Balboa

Seriously, if those are the best "gags" in the trailer, I fear for the rest of the movie!

(I remember a time when DeNiro made great films. Oh happy days....)
    First look at DeNiro & Stallone in Grudge Match.

Yes, it's the movie no one wants to see! LaMotta V Balboa

Seriously, if those are the best "gags" in the trailer, I fear for the rest of the movie!

(I remember a time when DeNiro made great films. Oh happy days....)

I think this is one movie I will be giving a miss!
  • I don't think you shall be the only one @RogueAgent
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Why couldn't this just be Rocky 7? :))
  • Murdock wrote:
    Why couldn't this just be Rocky 7 not be made at all? :))

I've corrected the grammatical error for you @Murdock ;-)
    So this is what it looks like when Jackie Chan has retired from action films:

@boldfinger, I saw that as news earlier today, but I watched that film last year. :-/
    Really? I just checked, and apparently it hasn´t been relaesed yet in Germany. How did you like it @Creasy47?
    boldfinger wrote:
    Really? I just checked, and apparently it hasn´t been relaesed yet in Germany. How did you like it @Creasy47?

I don't remember too much of it, but I got a bigger 'New Police Story' vibe - more of a 'story,' less drama. Granted, Jackie is getting older, and the fights he brought to the table were unique as usual, but it still wasn't the best of his.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2013 Posts: 4,460
    Bourne meet Mi4 in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Release date:
    VS 25 December 2013
    UK/The Netherlands: 26 December 2013
    Belgium: 1 January 2014
    more http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205537/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Another spy series in the making? It looks alright, too.