Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Double post.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Something´s wrong here with the posting.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Try again @boldfinger. Everything might be OK now.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's the first look at Harrison Ford in 'Anchorman: The Legend Continues':
    http://www.slashfilm.com/first-look-harrison-ford-in-anchorman-the-legend-continues/

Harrison Ford is in this? Wow. Didn't know that.

Loved the first one and pretty much all of the Mckay/Ferrel films so this is another one I'll definetly be seeing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I saw the teaser the day it came out, and really wasn't that impressed. I'll end up seeing it in theaters, though, as I did with the previous two.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/sofia-vergara-fronts-a-new-machete-kills-poster

I am really looking forward to this. Loved the first movie.
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/sofia-vergara-fronts-a-new-machete-kills-poster

I am really looking forward to this. Loved the first movie.

That's a innovative poster :|
    Instantly reminds me of 'Austin Powers' and the Fembots.
    I hope they keep making Machete movies. I know Rodriguez has said he's doing 3 but I'd love it if they made more. Anyway...

Credit to @DCisared for finding it.
  • What amazes me is these movies that sneak under the wire. I mean, that one with Gerard Butler running around the White House trying to save the President. Never heard of it, and now it's upon us. Could have been a better Die Hard vehicle, though bearing in mind Bruce's politics, he'd work harder to save a Republican president.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    What amazes me is these movies that sneak under the wire. I mean, that one with Gerard Butler running around the White House trying to save the President. Never heard of it, and now it's upon us. Could have been a better Die Hard vehicle, though bearing in mind Bruce's politics, he'd work harder to save a Republican president.

I can't wait to see all the hell this film will get. The response to it film will make the reaction to Zero Dark Thirty look tired in comparison. In the duration of the film Americans will see our nations greatest capital landmarks destroyed/burned/bombed including the Washington monument and White House, and likely witness severe human casualties in D.C amongst the population and some of the officials working for the president in the wings of the big house. When I saw the trailer for this I just rolled my eyes. I have seen the basic idea done infinitely better in Vince Flynn's thriller novel Transfer of Power, where the same exact set-up occurs: A man comes into the White House to meet the president, but he doesn't turn out to be the kind ambassador or whathaveyou that he seems, and he and his men hold the White House hostage. CIA agent Mitch Rapp (like Butler's character in the film) is sent into a secret passage to the White House to save the hostages including the president before it is too late. But while that novel was realistic and brilliant, this film appears to be an over the top mess of explosions galore and predictable plotting. I suggest picking up the Mitch Rapp novel and scrapping this film. It's a hell of a read, I assure you.

I agree with what has already been said: this would have been a hell of a Die Hard film.

There is also a film coming soon to theaters called White House Down, which is literally the same plot:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Down

It was slated for a release in November of this year, but has been moved up many months to late June. It is likely cashing in on the summer movie craze, but does that mean the film will suffer from a lack of polish? Probably.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I've heard 'White House Down' has a bigger budget than 'Olympus Has Fallen,' which is good, because the CGI looks terrible in the 'Olympus Has Fallen' trailers. Plus, I like Tatum and Foxx more than Butler and Eckhart.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's just like those two Snow White films going head to head last year, all over again. Neither one was any good!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's just like those two Snow White films going head to head last year, all over again. Neither one was any good!

Yep. I'm getting quite tired of two very unique movies rushing and going head-to-head.
    I'm much more looking forward to Olympus Has Fallen. Don't think I'll bother seeing the other one.

I think a movie take Morgan Freeman and Gerard Butler has much more potential than a movie starring Channing Tatum and Batman's bit of rough.

Also, the director of White House Down recently made the CGI crap fest that was 2012 while the director of Olympus Has Fallen recently made Shooter, a slick, entertaining action movie.
    I'm much more looking forward to Olympus Has Fallen. Don't think I'll bother seeing the other one.

I think a movie take Morgan Freeman and Gerard Butler has much more potential than a movie starring Channing Tatum and Batman's bit of rough.

Also, the director of White House Down recently made the CGI crap fest that was 2012 while the director of Olympus Has Fallen recently made Shooter, a slick, entertaining action movie.

Agreed , some people who have watched some sort of screening of this movie said the post editing , final product has CGI on Hollywood standards.

My opinion still stands , How on Earth could they in the right mind release a trailer with such bad CGI in this modern age?!

And Morgan freeman ,Gerard Butler and Eckhart are class act in comparison to Channing Tatum.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yep. I'm getting quite tired of two very unique movies rushing and going head-to-head.

And the two Hitchcock films. Strange how these similar pairs of films are made and released so close together.
    Cruise is interested in leading 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E'.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Heavens, no. I hope Cruise is nowhere near it.
    Next, he'll play James Bond, then Jason Bourne, then what? He wants to be every spy out there.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And though I haven't seen it yet, he certainly never looked the part of Jack Reacher.
    I grew up withe The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and it could be fun and stylist if done right. Cruise puts a damper on it for me, for sure. Just my impression of him has gone downhill over the years.
    I hear he's the total opposite of the physicality of Jack Reacher in the novels.
    I heard George Clooney was at a time involved with this Man From U.N.CL.E project, but I think he isn't anymore. A shame too. He was compelling a had a great performance in The American.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 40,551
    I think he was, with Soderbergh slated to direct. Quite a few people have come and gone from that project lately.

'The American' was good, but I felt like it received a lot more hate than it deserved when it was released.

While I'm a fan of action hero Cruise, I'd like to see someone else up on the screen playing the role.

Random, but David S. Goyer will direct a "'Dark Knight'-esque" version of 'The Count of Monte Cristo.'
    I have no idea why somebody thought it was a good idea to cast an actor known for being short as a character known for his brute strength and his size. Tom Cruise couldn't kill a man with a single punch to the head. Terrible casting choice.

reacher+3.png
    I have no idea why somebody thought it was a good idea to cast an actor known for being short as a character known for his brute strength and his size. Tom Cruise couldn't kill a man with a single punch to the head. Terrible casting choice.

reacher+3.png

The movie was fine. Nothing to special , Not bad either.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think he was, with Soderbergh slated to direct. Quite a few people have come and gone from that project lately.

'The American' was good, but I felt like it received a lot more hate than it deserved when it was released.

While I'm a fan of action hero Cruise, I'd like to see someone else up on the screen playing the role.

Random, but David S. Goyer will direct a "'Dark Knight'-esque" version of 'The Count of Monte Cristo.'

The American was screwed from the start when it was mis-marketed as an action film instead of a deep character study.

And Goyer is doing 'Monte Cristo?' YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
  • Robert Redford in Captain America 2. Awesome news.