Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Darkside? Well, I never saw that one coming.

*Do I really need to add in the eye-roll emoticon?*
    yeah wb is unsurprising more interested in who is playing batman and if he will have solo batman films or if there will be 2 batmen
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It could work but I do feel, two more films to 'finish' the series will only dilute the greatness of the first two even further. I'm guessing 2015 and 2018 for the release.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm just excited to see Arnie back to be honest. I hope the new films are rated 15 or 18 but I'd bet on it being lower.

http://twitchfilm.com/2012/12/jackie-chan-glide-over-a-volcano-in-chinese-zodiac-poster.html

Apparently this is his last big action film. Lets hope it's a great send off.
    Posted this in another thread about T5, Is Bale returning to the role now he has left the Batman franchise?
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    Posted this in another thread about T5, Is Bale returning to the role now he has left the Batman franchise?

Hmmm, maybe, but I think this wants to
    forget the last film and carry on from
    the 3rd one.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,528
    Here's the first poster for 'Oblivion.' Looks cool, but I am sick and tired of seeing the same old 'small character staring at a large area/building(s)/etc.' motif for these things. It's so dull anymore.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97828
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's the first poster for 'Oblivion.' Looks cool, but I am sick and tired of seeing the same old 'small character staring at a large area/building(s)/etc.' motif for these things. It's so dull anymore.

Where is it?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I just edited my post and added the link. I was so wrapped up in deciding whether I like it or not, I completely forgot about the key part: posting it. Enjoy.

It looks cool. Gives me a Star Wars/Inception feel, for some reason, but I want some original work on posters from here on out.
  • Just seen The Man With The Iron fists. Really good fun, you can check my post in the last film you watched thread if you want my full thoughts on it.

Seven Psychopaths is the last film I'll see this year then, I should be seeing that tommorow. I wasn't that intrested at first, then I found out it was the sequel to In Bruges so now I'm pretty excited for it.
    Just seen The Man With The Iron fists. Really good fun, you can check my post in the last film you watched thread if you want my full thoughts on it.

Seven Psychopaths is the last film I'll see this year then, I should be seeing that tommorow. I wasn't that intrested at first, then I found out it was the sequel to In Bruges so now I'm pretty excited for it.

But it isn't the sequel to In Bruges. :-/
  • Just seen The Man With The Iron fists. Really good fun, you can check my post in the last film you watched thread if you want my full thoughts on it.

I thought it was since I found out it was the same director, and Farell was in it. I thought it seemed different. Seems much more American, because of the cast and setting.
    Just seen The Man With The Iron fists. Really good fun, you can check my post in the last film you watched thread if you want my full thoughts on it.

I thought it was since I found out it was the same director, and Farell was in it. I thought it seemed different. Seems much more American, because of the cast and setting.

Two different characters, two different films. A lot of director/actor combos occur without sequels all the time. See Burton and Depp.
    Shame. I would've liked a sequel.

Still, if it's anything like In Bruges I'll be happy. Actually it won't be the last new film I see because Django Unchained is coming out. And is Chinese Zodiac out this year?
    Here's the trailer for 'Oblivion.' I hope it works, because my buddy told me earlier how it was posted and then immediately removed from a different site. Either way, it looks like an excellent film:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/video-oblivion-trailer-tom-cruise/
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's the trailer for 'Oblivion.' I hope it works, because my buddy told me earlier how it was posted and then immediately removed from a different site. Either way, it looks like an excellent film:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/video-oblivion-trailer-tom-cruise/

quite like the look of that alot!

I saw that a few days ago and couldn't get over how cool Pegg looks. What an excellent cast.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I saw that a few days ago and couldn't get over how cool Pegg looks. What an excellent cast.

Such talent all together in one film!
    These films have a track record of getting really good actors. Hot Fuzz even had Timothy Dalton! I'm especially excited to see Paddy Considine in the film. He's become one of my favourite actors.

If this manages to live up to Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz then this might be the best film trilogy ever.
    These films have a track record of getting really good actors. Hot Fuzz even had Timothy Dalton! I'm especially excited to see Paddy Considine in the film.

If this manages to live up to Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz then this might be the best film trilogy ever.

I think you're right, and Dalton was excellent in 'Hot Fuzz.'
  • Definetly. He was so pantominey and OTT, I loved it.
    I thought this was a perfect place to put this. Some great conversation amongst amazing directorial talent including Gus Van Sant, Quentin Tarantino, Ang Lee, Tom Hooper, Ben Affleck and David O. Russell.
    The new adaption of The Great Gatsby is coming soon, and wouldn't you think the score would reflect the period of the 20s with some swing and jazz music? No, how wrong you are. Jay-Z will be scoring the film, adding rap to the mix. Weeeeee... :-w

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jay-z-the-great-gatsby-rapper-score-film-adaptation_n_2388948.html
    The new adaption of The Great Gatsby is coming soon, and wouldn't you think the score would reflect the period of the 20s with some swing and jazz music?
    Actually, no, I wouldn't. It's a Baz Luhrman film, right? Or did his Shakespeare film reflect the period?

I saw 'The Directors' interview and quite enjoyed it. I would watch 'The Actors' one, but I've only seen 'Django Unchained' so far. I have heavy interest in 'Arbitrage,' 'Flight,' and 'The Sessions.'

I'm with @boldfinger: it's Luhrman, so it's absolutely no shock the music choice he picks for his pieces such as this. I'll have to watch more on 'The Great Gatsby,' but I'm interested thus far. Any time I see Tobey now, I think of his 'Spider-Man' films - not a huge fan - but then I think back to his wonderful performance in 'Brothers,' and I remember a good reason to cast him in a drama.
    I like the look of all of these films they all look good.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I saw 'The Directors' interview and quite enjoyed it. I would watch 'The Actors' one, but I've only seen 'Django Unchained' so far. I have heavy interest in 'Arbitrage,' 'Flight,' and 'The Sessions.'

I'm with @boldfinger: it's Luhrman, so it's absolutely no shock the music choice he picks for his pieces such as this. I'll have to watch more on 'The Great Gatsby,' but I'm interested thus far. Any time I see Tobey now, I think of his 'Spider-Man' films - not a huge fan - but then I think back to his wonderful performance in 'Brothers,' and I remember a good reason to cast him in a drama.

@Creasy47, don't worry about having the films spoiled, if that is what you are getting at. In the Actors session it is just the big stars of the year getting together to answer questions about their experiences and share and compare their crafts. No spoilers for any films at all.